Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 20 2012, 06:39 AM   #466
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: "Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Yeah...I'm really excited for next week!! Good episode tonight. Yeah next week should be interesting.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; March 20 2012 at 06:56 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 10:47 AM   #467
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Next week's episode promo had me actually yell out in excitement! I'm such a fanboy and nerd

Point of no return and this week will be very long!

As to the current episode:

Liked it.. the case seemed interesting enough but usually my mind wandered off somewhere, missed some clues and when i finally paid attention again i was confused because i apparently missed some key explanations.. oh well, no harm done because i rarely watch Castle for the cases.

I just absolutely loved the personal stuff in this episode.. Martha and Alexis finally have a bit to do and not only saying 2 lines, hugely enjoyed the bro's out with their theory testing (i so like them.. i'd watch a show with them as the leads anytime!) and also the small moments between Castle and Beckett such as him bringing her coffee again and she watches up, flashes a big smile and says I love you with her eyes.. it seemed like an old married couple where both of them know each other inside out and do stuff for each other without having to ask for it.

Yeah.. i love the show but i'll be probably drooling on the floor come next week when almost 4 years are starting to pay off and there's still a few episodes left in the season!
Old March 20 2012, 03:10 PM   #468
Forbin
Admiral

The scene in the morgue, when Alexis crossed near front of Lanie and thru the harsh lighting. My god, that girl is white! I think her image is still burned into my screen!!

I love her little ginger face, and I know redheads don't tan well, but - wow.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:16 PM   #469
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

In ancient times having a fair skin was considered a sign of nobility and Molly Quinn is nothing but noble.

And on a side note: Recently she "revealed" that she's 18 now giving me finally the feeling i'm not a pervert anymore.. much
Old March 23 2012, 02:14 PM   #470
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Good episode. I really like seeing Alexis doing the intern thing. I hope they keep her there a little longer.

I was also greatly amused by what Martha promised the critic (can't remember her name) Rick would do for her. They stretched it out just long enough to make you feel uncomfortable for him until it was revealed he just had to read her novel.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 03:34 PM   #471
Christopher
Writer

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
I was also greatly amused by what Martha promised the critic (can't remember her name) Rick would do for her. They stretched it out just long enough to make you feel uncomfortable for him until it was revealed he just had to read her novel.
"Just?" Oh, you poor innocent layperson. From a writer's standpoint, that's one of the worst things it could've been. It's overwhelmingly likely to be a piece of crap, since most people who think they can write don't have a clue. It'll be taking up precious time he needs to devote to his own work. It'll set a dangerous precedent that other people will start sending him their books to read (more than they probably do already) and putting even more of a burden on him. It'll expose him to the risk of frivolous and expensive litigation if the critic sees something in a future Castle book that vaguely reminds her of what she wrote. And what is he going to tell the critic? If he gives it anything like an honest review, she may be furious and punish Martha for it. And if he lies and tells her it's good, she might press him to help her get it published, and then what would he do?

All told, it's a pretty awful position for Martha to have placed him in.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 04:35 PM   #472
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

^Fair enough. I was just looking at it from the perspective that he might have to go on a date with her. What you're describing does sound worse.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2012, 06:13 PM   #473
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah I laughed at that...think that was kind of the gag they were going for. Plus Rick's reaction kind of suggested that.

Old March 23 2012, 06:27 PM   #474
Forbin
Admiral

That reminds me, Christopher, I have this fanfic I wrote....

Old March 23 2012, 06:35 PM   #475
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

LOL. In case anyone asks...my avatar is fan art that was posted on the Caskett Fever facebook fan page

Great but not unexpected news...ABC is renewing "Castle" among other shows.

http://tvline.com/2012/03/23/greys-a...-time-renewed/

Last edited by Admiral_Young; March 23 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old March 24 2012, 08:36 PM   #476
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
^Fair enough. I was just looking at it from the perspective that he might have to go on a date with her. What you're describing does sound worse.
You know, that never even occured to me. I always assumed that it would be publishing-related, because, yeah, that's the usual cliche for writers:

"I have great idea for a book. How about you write it and we split the money?"

"Would you read my ms. and tell me what you really think of it? I won't be offended, honest. And I certainly won't accuse you of stealing my ideas later."

"Can you introduce me to your agent? Your editor?"

And you'll note that she wanted him to somehow get the manuscript into his publisher's hands as well. And the ms. looked like it was at least 1,000 pages long. (Seriously, it was a doorstop.)

Trust me, every writer watching was groaning in recognition . . . .
Old March 25 2012, 03:51 PM   #477
Forbin
Admiral

That reminds me, Greg, I have this fanfic I wrote....

Old March 26 2012, 02:28 PM   #478
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

"47 Seconds" is tonight and looks to be a significant turning point in the Caskett relationship! I'm excited. There is a hockey game though tonight as well, so I'll probably most likely DVR this and watch it later now that I can do this

Also one final thing about last week's episode with the whole Martha thing...Rick did give her the idea in the first place indirectly, when he told her if he could help with anything to let him know. Christopher seems to be positing a worst case possibility. As has been brought up earlier in the thread by Christopher I think as well, we've seen Rick do little actual writing in this season. The publication of the latest Niki Heat novel happened in the summer time of course as we know during the time he was giving Kate her space, I don't quite recall, but we've heard very little from Rick about ideas for his current book. He could be taking a short hiatus (although this doesn't seem likely since from my limited experience writers seem to go from one project to the next right away if they can) and has been focusing on cases quite a bit this year. We really don't know what Rick does in his spare time during the year lol.

Old March 26 2012, 02:48 PM   #479
Christopher
Writer

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Also one final thing about last week's episode with the whole Martha thing...Rick did give her the idea in the first place indirectly, when he told her if he could help with anything to let him know.
Which proved to be an unwise thing to say, as we saw.

Christopher seems to be positing a worst case possibility.
No, the writers themselves did that, which was the point of the punch line -- that Castle's offer to help Martha came back to bite him. As Greg said, every writer watching surely groaned in recognition, so it's not just me. All I was doing was explaining it to the non-writers out there who missed the joke.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2012, 02:51 PM   #480
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Ooops...bad job on me then and fair enough. I have to admit it went over my head and like TheSeeker I was looking at it from the other perspective as well Maybe it was a published writer's joke thing?