Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 15 2012, 05:50 PM   #451
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

Re: "Castle" season 4 begins tonight

I agree and i think blowing the lid on their relationship would be a good season finale and also a natural end to the season that was big on relationship moments and revelations that they both love each other (well.. at least the viewer knows this). Since they both harbor secrets from each other there's bound to be conflict which can be exploited and written in a way that they both need space from each other to think about it and this could believeable explain the summer hiatus.

Or they could both "elope" together for the summer and then through 5th season tell us, through flashbacks and whatnot, what happened during the time.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 05:55 PM   #452
Forbin
Admiral

I heard the BoBW 3rd season finale was written without knowing what the hell to do for part two the following season.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 06:31 PM   #453
SAndrews10
Captain

Very true Forbin, they didn't even know if Patrick Stewart was going to come back.
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 06:57 PM   #454
Christopher
Writer

SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
Very true Forbin, they didn't even know if Patrick Stewart was going to come back.
And that's part of what gave it so much impact. It had a real sense of uncertainty about Picard's survival and it came by it honestly. If they'd tried to "top it" with subsequent finales by putting the whole crew or the whole Federation or the whole universe in imminent danger at the cliffhanger, it would've just felt forced and artificial by comparison.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 07:49 PM   #455
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

And Roddenbery most likely would have axed that.. it's ok to have hopeless situations for a short arc but i believe ultimately he wanted a hopeful universe (which is why i think he wouldn't like DS9 much as itÄs the farthest away from his vision and people do very dark things there).
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2012, 08:56 PM   #456
Christopher
Writer

^Older Roddenberry, yeah. But '60s Roddenberry had no problem writing "A Private Little War" and taking Kirk to some pretty dark and morally ambiguous places (by the standards of TV heroes of the time). He was a better storyteller before he started to think he was a visionary.

Old March 15 2012, 10:38 PM   #457
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I think shipper fans who have been waiting for them to get together, would be pissed off if they eloped, plus that doesn't seem like a thing Kate would agree to.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 01:22 AM   #458
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I think shipper fans who have been waiting for them to get together, would be pissed off if they eloped, plus that doesn't seem like a thing Kate would agree to.
I don't want to see Bastle elope. And a part of me thinks they should ONLY REALLY get together when they are wrapping up the show.

I don't thing a post coitus Bastle, or Caskett if you wish, would be as interesting.

Maybe for the movie. After six seasons.
Old March 16 2012, 01:38 PM   #459
Forbin
Admiral

I probably already said this, but as long as they don't do the stupid shit Bones and Hunter and X-Files did - suddenly reveal that they ALREADY had sex without mentioning it.

Last edited by Forbin; March 16 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 01:39 PM   #460
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah that would piss me off as well.

Old March 19 2012, 01:07 PM   #461
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The hiatus is over. New episode tonight!

Old March 20 2012, 12:11 AM   #462
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Forbin wrote: View Post
I probably already said this, but as long as they don't do the stupid shit Bones and Hunter and X-Files did - suddenly reveal that they ALREADY had sex without mentioning it.
Bones did that -- only mentioned that they had sex via Angela... as for the X-Files, All Things, anyone? That made it pretty clear, without having an actual sex scene... that they did it . Scully coming into the bathroom and putting her shirt back on... that's a pretty big clue right there , along with seeing Mulder naked in bed...

Sex scenes don't have to be seen to be known. There's already a lot of that on tv these days. It's nice to have shows that don't go for the obvious sex scene.

On the other hand, a good make out scene in Bones or the X-Files would make up for some lost time, to a point.

@ Admiral_Young: Great news! Looking forward to watching it .
Random_Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 03:31 AM   #463
ancientone51
Rear Admiral

On to tonight's show...great opening and neat homage to DWtS.

But,,did they just go there???? Barbara Landau???? props to those who got it!!!

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 04:44 AM   #464
Christopher
Writer

ancientone51 wrote: View Post
On to tonight's show...great opening and neat homage to DWtS.
That's twice in the past few weeks they've done an episode that seemed to be designed to promote another ABC show. I find that sleazy and mercenary. However, despite that, it turned out to be a pretty solid episode with a classic ultra-convoluted Castle mystery. Moira Kirland still delivers.

And it was so cool to see Alexis playing Quincy and deducing a homicide from a coroner's report, even mentioning good ol' petechial hemorrhaging as evidence of suffocation. (I've been hearing that phrase on procedurals for years, and never knew how "petechial" was spelled until I looked it up just now so I could write it down. And it's hard to look something up when you don't know how it's spelled. My first guess was "patichial.")

But,,did they just go there???? Barbara Landau???? props to those who got it!!!
Oh, I missed that! Hmm, I wonder if it was in reference to her impersonating someone else (as Landau's and Bain's characters did weekly on Mission: Impossible).

Old March 20 2012, 06:31 AM   #465
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

I have to admit, I didn't see tonight's perp coming. I was actually expecting that the real Odette would show up at some point, having survived the train wreck but being horribly disfigured.

I know it can't last forever, but I'm really enjoying Alexis as Lanie's intern. She's actually had some good stuff to do the past few episodes, whereas the first two-thirds of the season, it seemed like the writers didn't quite know what to do with her.

Next week looks like a must see episode, as Castle finally finds out he's been lied to all year long.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote