February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 10 2011, 08:54 PM   #91
Jetfire

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 9 “Homecoming” Description. Tonight at 8PM on The CW!

ROCK BAND MY MORNING JACKET PERFORMS --- On the night of the Homecoming dance, Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt) opens up to Elena (Nina Dobrev) about why the evening is so important to her, leaving Elena with conflicting emotions. Caroline (Candice Accola) and Matt (Zach Roerig) are both shocked at Tyler's (Michael Trevino) behavior throughout the evening. The night takes a surreal turn when Klaus (Joseph Morgan) puts his latest plan into action. Determined to outsmart Klaus, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) enters into a dangerous partnership, leading to a terrifying turn of events. The band My Morning Jacket performs in the party scenes. Paul Wesley and Kat Graham also star. Joshua Butler directed the episode written by Evan Bleiweiss (#309).
http://www.ksitetv.com/9222/vampire-...g-description/

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x09 - Homecoming (HD)

Looks good!

After the hiatus TVD returns...
Thursday, January 5, with The Vampire Diaries at 8:00 p.m. ET, followed by The Secret Circle at 9:00 p.m. ET

Read more: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2011/1...#ixzz1dKmEiI2D
Old November 11 2011, 04:09 AM   #92
Jetfire

I give them points for the Kat & Elena switch up...but this ep was lacking...sad to see Michael taken down so easily. Kinda Meh given it is S3 mid season finally.
Old November 11 2011, 02:13 PM   #93
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Well I liked it for the little moments if you will.

I think they had to neutralize Michael. He was more of a loose cannon than Klaus, if that is possible?

Besides, I did not think that Klaus would go all ashes to ashes, dust to dust in this one anyways. They have added Joseph Morgan to the main cast and put him in some of the promos. I think Klaus will be safe until around the end of this season.

They killed all of his hybrids except Tyler. I wonder when he is going to go after more of Elena's blood?

"I told her to go to church and pray for your friends." That one had me rolling.
"I did not expect to be here with you." Matt to Catherine masquerading as Elena.

I kept thinking that Elena's hair was very Catherinesque at the party. I should have listened to my instincts and I would have caught on earlier.

Elena daggering Rebecca was sort of bittersweet. I was beginning to like Barbie Klaus.

I loved, loved, loved that Catherine and Stefan stole Klaus' coffin collection. I did not see that coming.

I believe that Caroline and Matt are on their way back to each other. I don't think they ever really got over one another in the first place.

I say that the brothers Salvatore love each other more than anyone else.
Old November 11 2011, 02:27 PM   #94
Jetfire

I was probably being too harsh...I did think Bonnie was wasted in this ep and no Ric or Jeremy? Kat loves Stefan & Damon is her toy...this won't change...but who doesn't love their favorite toy. The Bros love for each other runs deep and it should.

I am hoping we see more Rebekah & Elijah in the new year.
Old November 11 2011, 07:56 PM   #95
js
Captain

I dunno, somehow I found this ep lacking too. Everybody was so busy double-crossing and contingency-plan making that I found it hard to invest in anything that was going on as I was just waiting for each piece of action to be consistently undermined - which it was.

I also don't understand what Stefan gets out of the coffin-stealing bit? He's just setting everyone up to die and for what? I mean, either immolate the family or bury them in cement but to play "come and get it"? Why make everyone a target that way? I don't follow.

I mean, I get Katherine's motivation - get Klaus chasing someone else for once besides her. But for Stefan it seems a pretty stupid move.
Old November 11 2011, 11:46 PM   #96
Dream
Admiral

Damn, what a letdown. I was hoping Klaus was a goner. I just don't like the actor. Shame Mikael got staked so soon.

Damon, Katherine, Elijah and Mikael were all way better Big Bads.

Katherine's plan also made no sense. I thought Klaus had been chasing her for a long time, why would she want to keep him alive? The wanting to save Damon thing was so weird. She has stated before she only loves Stefan.

The show wasn't much different than from where it was a few weeks ago. Stefan is still RoboStefan and Klaus is the only Big Bad on the show.

This season hasn't been as good as the first two. I'm not liking the whole Stefan becoming RoboStefan thing. Everything decision he makes doesn't count since it really isn't the real chararacter making it.

The Supernatural writers did something like this to one of its main characters in season 6 and fans were super pissed about that too.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 11:47 PM   #97
Jetfire

^ Smallville writers are also involved. Although this recent ep was written by Evan Bleiweiss...but Al Septien & Turi Meyer from Smallville write for TVD also.
Old November 12 2011, 04:18 AM   #98
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

was this there mid season break?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2011, 04:25 AM   #99
Jetfire

Yes...it returns Jan 5th.
Old November 12 2011, 04:45 AM   #100
timothy
Rear Admiral

now what will I do for vampires?

Old November 12 2011, 11:22 AM   #101
danellis
Lieutenant Commander

timothy wrote: View Post
I believe the new Twiglett film's out soon lol

dJE
danellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2011, 06:36 AM   #102
timothy
Rear Admiral

danellis wrote: View Post
timothy wrote: View Post
I believe the new Twiglett film's out soon lol

dJE

I said vampire's not what someone thinks of vamps or what ever they are. vamps don't sparkle they have magic rings.

Old November 13 2011, 05:12 PM   #103
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

I have to agree with the general consensus this was a bit of a let down. IMHO, very big writing mistake, making Mikael out to be this big Uber-Ultra-Mega Bad-ass, and ginning up all that anticipation, and then they take him out like that? They could've gotten to the point they were at, at the end of the episode, in a different way, or they never should've built Mikael up the way they did. Cool twists and turns along the path of the episode, but, big mistake with Mikael, IMHO.

Why would you build some one up so big, and not even use them? I mean, they searched for him, woke him up, used him as a threat, he had one little scene with threatening the brothers to help him find Klaus (And of course the flashback), and then this episode? They should've at least spent some episodes showing him being badass, before this episode?

Looking forward to the return in January, though

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2011, 04:57 PM   #104
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I just worry that the rest of season 3 is going to be the hunt (again) to find something to kill Klaus.

Let be someone be possessed by his cursing Mama and let it be done.

I want Elijah to kill him. I always wanted to know why Elijah left Klaus and began working against him.

Uncoffin the rest of the family and let them tear him to shreds. I just really don't care.
Old November 14 2011, 04:59 PM   #105
Jetfire

I wanna see Elena The Vampire Slayer do it...maybe she has some special doppelganger power that turns her into a badass when triggered by witchcraft.