RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,578
Posts: 5,423,755
Members: 24,809
Currently online: 519
Newest member: Super Scout

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Karen Gillan
Thumbs Up 144 84.21%
Thumbs Down 10 5.85%
Thumbs Sideways 17 9.94%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 14 2011, 07:45 PM   #166
Fang66
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: decontamination with T'Pol or Tokyo
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
I see... well if you were not under the impression that her teeth were bad then I can understand how the context clues wouldn't do the term justice.

Sorry for being so harsh.
No need for apologies, I always dial back peoples directness by a fair margin on the net because there are no non verbal cues. For example when someone says "Janeway sucks big fat dogs ones", I assume they mean "Janeway is less than a perfect captain" or "Neelix and anyone involved in the characters' development should die a long and painful death for a completely unsympathetic reason" means Neelix is not my favourite character.
Fang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 07:49 PM   #167
Fang66
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: decontamination with T'Pol or Tokyo
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Kestrel wrote: View Post
While I may find people's reactions to this a bit amusing, smoking really is one of the more awful practices people engage in.
So smoking is up there with baby rape, race hatred, genocide, George Lucas, terrorism?
Fang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 07:51 PM   #168
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

I wish there were the clip from BTTF on Youtube of Marty excaiming "Jesus, you smoke too?!"

It would be perfect for this thread
Ethros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 08:00 PM   #169
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Fang66 wrote: View Post
Kestrel wrote: View Post
While I may find people's reactions to this a bit amusing, smoking really is one of the more awful practices people engage in.
So smoking is up there with baby rape, race hatred, genocide, George Lucas, terrorism?
You're right of course.




Nothing is at the George Lucas standard.
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 08:12 PM   #170
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral
 
Chaos Descending's Avatar
 
Location: Grand Canyon State
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Fang66 wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
I see... well if you were not under the impression that her teeth were bad then I can understand how the context clues wouldn't do the term justice.

Sorry for being so harsh.
No need for apologies, I always dial back peoples directness by a fair margin on the net because there are no non verbal cues. For example when someone says "Janeway sucks big fat dogs ones", I assume they mean "Janeway is less than a perfect captain" or "Neelix and anyone involved in the characters' development should die a long and painful death for a completely unsympathetic reason" means Neelix is not my favourite character.
May I ever endeavor to possess such grace!
__________________
"Romanes eunt domus"
- Brian
Chaos Descending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 08:21 PM   #171
Saga
Rear Admiral
 
Saga's Avatar
 
Location: VA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Ethros wrote: View Post
I wish there were the clip from BTTF on Youtube of Marty excaiming "Jesus, you smoke too?!"

It would be perfect for this thread
__________________
formerly known as Praetor_Shinzon.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 08:24 PM   #172
Fang66
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: decontamination with T'Pol or Tokyo
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
Fang66 wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
I see... well if you were not under the impression that her teeth were bad then I can understand how the context clues wouldn't do the term justice.

Sorry for being so harsh.
No need for apologies, I always dial back peoples directness by a fair margin on the net because there are no non verbal cues. For example when someone says "Janeway sucks big fat dogs ones", I assume they mean "Janeway is less than a perfect captain" or "Neelix and anyone involved in the characters' development should die a long and painful death for a completely unsympathetic reason" means Neelix is not my favourite character.
May I ever endeavor to possess such grace!
See this is another chance for me to display my awsome humility, I'm almost sure that you are being sarcastic but the internet allows me to believe that you see my true nature.
Fang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 08:30 PM   #173
Fang66
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: decontamination with T'Pol or Tokyo
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Fang66 wrote: View Post
Kestrel wrote: View Post
While I may find people's reactions to this a bit amusing, smoking really is one of the more awful practices people engage in.
So smoking is up there with baby rape, race hatred, genocide, George Lucas, terrorism?
You're right of course.




Nothing is at the George Lucas standard.
I always thought the penultimate position had the most power either that or repetition through the list plus the ultimate position. eg. baby rape, race hatred, George Lucas, genocide, George Lucas, terrorism, George Lucas.
Fang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 08:57 PM   #174
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral
 
Chaos Descending's Avatar
 
Location: Grand Canyon State
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Fang66 wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
Fang66 wrote: View Post

No need for apologies, I always dial back peoples directness by a fair margin on the net because there are no non verbal cues. For example when someone says "Janeway sucks big fat dogs ones", I assume they mean "Janeway is less than a perfect captain" or "Neelix and anyone involved in the characters' development should die a long and painful death for a completely unsympathetic reason" means Neelix is not my favourite character.
May I ever endeavor to possess such grace!
See this is another chance for me to display my awsome humility, I'm almost sure that you are being sarcastic but the internet allows me to believe that you see my true nature.
Actually I was being sincere.
__________________
"Romanes eunt domus"
- Brian
Chaos Descending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 09:18 PM   #175
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "We hold these truths to be self-evident..."
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Yoda wrote: View Post
I also find it unattractive when a girl shits her pants... and then just walks around all day with shit in her pants, smelling like shit. Does anyone know if Karen Gillan is incontinent?
Karen Gillan's pants are entirely too tight for any shit to fit in them.

Fang66 wrote: View Post
I'm calling B.S. on your reaction to it, I think it far more likely that your reactions to smoke have a large psychological element.
Your argument would be more plausible if you were aware that I was the one describing my body's reaction to cigarette smoke, not TheSeeker.

Further, evidence for the harm caused by second-hand smoke has been provided to you. Second-hand smoke is bad for your health, and it's not psychosomatic.
__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 09:31 PM   #176
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Speaking of second-hand smoke and Doctor Who actresses, Billie Piper was the subject of some controversy last year when this pic of her smoking in close proximity to her young son was published:

__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 09:38 PM   #177
Fang66
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: decontamination with T'Pol or Tokyo
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
Fang66 wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post

May I ever endeavor to possess such grace!
See this is another chance for me to display my awsome humility, I'm almost sure that you are being sarcastic but the internet allows me to believe that you see my true nature.
Actually I was being sincere.
Thanks, I was joking.
Fang66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 09:42 PM   #178
Yoda
Rear Admiral
 
Yoda's Avatar
 
Location: San Diego
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Speaking of second-hand smoke and Doctor Who actresses, Billie Piper was the subject of some controversy last year when this pic of her smoking in close proximity to her young son was published:

Just a second shot confirming that Billie is a smoker...
__________________
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 09:50 PM   #179
wamdue
Admiral
 
wamdue's Avatar
 
Location: wamdue
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Speaking of second-hand smoke and Doctor Who actresses, Billie Piper was the subject of some controversy last year when this pic of her smoking in close proximity to her young son was published:

thats gone and done it, never good can come from that kind of picture. Still lets not pretend Billie Piper is an angel, she marreid Chris Evans after all, something strange going on there.
__________________
Im Proud of the BBC
wamdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2011, 10:40 PM   #180
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Paddling...
Re: Karen Gillan: Babe of the week #37 (Sept. 2011)

Hey come on Wamdue, he bought her a sportscar when she was about 17!

Billie and Chris is an age old story, young impressionable girl and worldly older man...happens at least every other season of Who
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with Guardians of the Galaxy review

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
doctor who, karen gillan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.