Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Closed Thread

Old July 23 2012, 01:12 PM   #4276
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: The OFFICIAL STNG-R general discussion thread!

Mine are still en-route via HMV's carrier pigeon service......
Old July 23 2012, 01:22 PM   #4277
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

MickJo1701 wrote: View Post
Some interesting details from Dan Curry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPORTph12U
November release date for Season 2, Hope that holds.

Last edited by Angel4576; July 23 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old July 23 2012, 01:34 PM   #4278
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Some interesting details from Dan Curry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPORTph12U
Interesting that a different effects house is handling season 2.
Old July 23 2012, 01:42 PM   #4279
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
That review does let itself down somewhat with the dumb remark "I did notice a little grain and Iím surprised they didnít opt to remove it but itís not a big issue" but it's not a big issue.
That and the "Farpoint" screenshot isn't from the episode.
I thought I didn't recall that shot.
Old July 23 2012, 03:21 PM   #4280
SillyTilly
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just watched 'Datalore' and the Crystalline Entity looks absolutely stunning!
Old July 23 2012, 03:37 PM   #4281
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

SillyTilly wrote: View Post
Just watched 'Datalore' and the Crystalline Entity looks absolutely stunning!
Can't wait to see it on the big-screen tonight.
Old July 23 2012, 03:48 PM   #4282
Glassneedles
Ensign

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
Very disappointed, I just picked up the UK edition and the DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 mix on EAF is wrong. The dialogue has been mixed into the centre and front right channels simultaneously throughout - extremely noticeable and distracting. The mix just sounds horrible. I have the sampler disc, and the mix is perfect on that. Just quickly checked The Naked Now, and the mix is correct on that episode also.

Could anyone with the US discs and a surround sound system corroborate this error also exists on their set? If not, I'll be returning mine and ordering from the States. I'd really appreciate a quick reply if anyone's willing.

I can check once I get off work. Should be home pretty close to 7 and will check it out as soon as I get in. I didn't notice anything wrong with my copy of the sampler though. Did you get it and can hear the same thing with it?
Old July 23 2012, 03:49 PM   #4283
Sho
Fleet Captain

^ He mentioned in the very post you quoted that the sampler is OK for him.
Old July 23 2012, 04:27 PM   #4284
davejames
Vice Admiral

That's a bit concerning. Hopefully the quality won't fluctuate too much like it did with TOS-R.

Although I'm sure Okuda and Curry will do their best to keep things as consistent as possible.
Old July 23 2012, 04:28 PM   #4285
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Glassneedles wrote: View Post
Very disappointed, I just picked up the UK edition and the DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 mix on EAF is wrong. The dialogue has been mixed into the centre and front right channels simultaneously throughout - extremely noticeable and distracting. The mix just sounds horrible. I have the sampler disc, and the mix is perfect on that. Just quickly checked The Naked Now, and the mix is correct on that episode also.

Could anyone with the US discs and a surround sound system corroborate this error also exists on their set? If not, I'll be returning mine and ordering from the States. I'd really appreciate a quick reply if anyone's willing.

I can check once I get off work. Should be home pretty close to 7 and will check it out as soon as I get in. I didn't notice anything wrong with my copy of the sampler though. Did you get it and can hear the same thing with it?
Sho wrote: View Post
Many thanks, Glassneedles - I'd really appreciate that, just let me know if you can clearly hear the dialogue from both the centre and front right channels. As Sho highlighted, I do have the sampler, and it's perfect. Unfortunately, I suspect the front right channel has been replaced with a duplicate of the centre (haven't had time to listen properly) - although how they could muck this up bearing in the mind the sampler is correct is beyond me.
Old July 23 2012, 05:41 PM   #4286
MickJo1701
Commander

davejames wrote: View Post
That's a bit concerning. Hopefully the quality won't fluctuate too much like it did with TOS-R.

Although I'm sure Okuda and Curry will do their best to keep things as consistent as possible.
I had the same thought, and just by watching the season 2 trailer there are noticeable differences between the 2 effects houses.
Old July 23 2012, 05:43 PM   #4287
Sho
Fleet Captain

^ For example?
Old July 23 2012, 06:08 PM   #4288
MickJo1701
Commander

Well, looking at the shots of the Enterprise in the trailer the original colour scheme is less pronouced than the first season shots. Its more of a greyscale as opposed to blue/green.

Small details like the main impulse engine is now red when it was changed it to orange, the deflector is a bronze in the before/after shot when it was changed to burgundy in season one.

Small changes, but by no means a complaint. The new fx of the drone interfacing with the console in Q Who is excellent for example.
Old July 23 2012, 06:39 PM   #4289
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

Many thanks, Glassneedles - I'd really appreciate that, just let me know if you can clearly hear the dialogue from both the centre and front right channels. As Sho highlighted, I do have the sampler, and it's perfect. Unfortunately, I suspect the front right channel has been replaced with a duplicate of the centre (haven't had time to listen properly) - although how they could muck this up bearing in the mind the sampler is correct is beyond me.
I am afraid that it the same on my disk centre and front right.
Old July 23 2012, 06:48 PM   #4290
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Pindar wrote: View Post

I am afraid that it the same on my disk centre and front right.
Damn, thanks for checking though. This is just an unforgivable cock-up, doubly infuriating bearing in mind there are no errors on the antecedent release. If any fan with the US set could let me know if the same exists on that release I would again be most appreciative.