RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,705
Members: 24,207
Currently online: 826
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 21 2012, 05:06 PM   #1261
ProwlAlpha
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I am liking the new drop rate. Especially on my Klingon toon, who is finally getting some good gear. On my main Fed toon, I am starting to gear up my secondary ships with STF gear, not the MACOs or the Omega, but the uprated Borg gear (the reddish pink ones).

On the downside, I am getting way too much Cardie boxes. I stopped pressing anything but pass on them, but still manage to come away with three to four of them per STF. Only thing, I really care about them is the GQ power cells, but not too much where I would go buy a key. I don't care about the Galor because I am not going to spend that much money on it.

On the upside, I finally got into this winning The Cure streak, two out of the last three times were optional wins due to an awesome PUG who understood the difference between Normal and Elite tactics. They were also my fastest option complete times, both were done with four minutes left on the timer. My latest Cure fail was because the guy was a first-timer, but was too scared to tell anyone til the end, yet since The Cure fail rate must be high, no one cared.
Old February 21 2012, 06:25 PM   #1262
Scout101
Admiral

That's a pretty awesome drop rate. I spent basically all day Monday doing STF runs (ran several with Daizen), and didn't get squat. 1 or two Prototype Salvages, but no new parts. Up to like 95 EDCs, so almost ready to buy a full ground set (Mk XI). Figure buying the ground set is smarter, never going to run enough ground to get a set there. Then again, the Mk XI space set would probably be of more use, even though I've got a Mk XII shield. Annoying that you can't incorporate higher-Mk gear towards a set.

i.e. if you have two Mk XI parts and a Mk XII, should count as a set at the Mk XI level. Should be a full set at whatever the lowest-ranked piece of gear in the set is...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 06:25 PM   #1263
Scout101
Admiral

Cure Elite Space is a pretty high fail rate. I've actually never been in a group that completes it...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old February 21 2012, 06:31 PM   #1264
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Cure Elite Space is a pretty high fail rate. I've actually never been in a group that completes it...
I think to do that you will need a pre set group specifically one with a play who can just hang around the Kang and heal it (if this can be done) while everyone deals with the shipyard things.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 06:55 PM   #1265
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I think to do that you will need a pre set group specifically one with a play who can just hang around the Kang and heal it (if this can be done) while everyone deals with the shipyard things.
I recall doing this once with the TrekkBBS fleet. Two of us stayed by the Kang, healed it (as Eng I could heal), and took on any incoming birds of prey and raptors, while the others went after the shipyards, one at a time.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 07:21 PM   #1266
Scout101
Admiral

Have tried that, and understand the plan just fine (2 guard Kang and heal when needed, other 3 wreck shipyards one at a time, leave cubes at 10% or so, then blow all 3 together). Getting that plan to WORK, and also keep some idiot from blowing one of the cubes, resulting in a Raptor mob, is another story...
Old February 21 2012, 08:18 PM   #1267
ProwlAlpha
Fleet Captain

Well, the tactic I have been following works similar, but blowing the cube as fast as possible and then rushing to help the Kang. I found that the option win rate is higher with that one rather the 10% percent one, especially when during the 10% people generally forget the time limit. I've had that happen many times, or some individual doesn't ask for help with the Kang.

I admit that I have had took out the Cube during a 10 percent run on Normal, but that was because no one informed me until after I did it, yet they still failed to defend the Kang. I personally like the Rushed Tactic, but I will conform to the 10 Percent if the PUG is running with that strategy.
Old February 21 2012, 10:32 PM   #1268
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Sure.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the person's name. The character's name was Ahsoka spelled wrong, but I forgot to write down the handle.

And never actually said anything to me just put me on follow, and when I changed zones, they'd somehow find me and do it again. After about the third time I confronted them, but got no reply. Eventually I just got mad and logged out.
Try putting them on ignore, then changing instances. That seems to work in other games. You can also change your privacy settings so that only friends can see you.

If you see me online while they're stalking you, give me a shout. If nothing else, I'll blast them with tribbles.

Luckily when I got back on he was gone.

I was able to grind to 40.

I went with the Deep Space Science over the reconnaissance. That way if I ever decide to get the "Endgame" Voyager I can just pop in the extra science BOff.

Now I just need to start upgrading my badly outdated gear and re-tooling my BOffs.

Bird of Prey wrote: View Post
An in-game stalker? I've never heard of anyone doing that before. Let us know if it happens when we're online. I can understand how frustrating that must have been.
They seem to something that comes with the F2P territory. I heard plenty of horror stories.

Mine was nothing so serious, obviously, just someone being an ass-hat.

Normally I wouldn't have even cared that much, I just really wanted to ding 40 before going to bed and he was sort of getting in the way.
Old February 22 2012, 09:21 AM   #1269
Trek
Fleet Captain

Have tried that, and understand the plan just fine (2 guard Kang and heal when needed, other 3 wreck shipyards one at a time, leave cubes at 10% or so, then blow all 3 together). Getting that plan to WORK, and also keep some idiot from blowing one of the cubes, resulting in a Raptor mob, is another story...
Completely agree (especially as that idiot last time was me). You really need a group who know what they're doing to complete this.

On an unrelated note: I turning in last nights Doff missions this morning yielded over 4,000 dilithium on my Orion toon and a total of over 9,000 across all five toons. All I did to get this was set them up and sleep. I'll get the DS9 bundle in no time at this rate.
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 09:44 AM   #1270
Rocketeer
Captain

About the stalker:

It was probably just a random troll trying to rattle you and sound like they did, at least a little.

Try this if it happens again. Click on their character, then in the chat box type "/killme". It should give you an option to submit a trouble ticket. Part of the trouble ticket process is to capture all the data around you. Don't know if Cryptic will actually do anything about it, but a least they will have a digital record. Put a footnote to Cryptic that if you don't hear from them in 72 hours that you'll upchannel the ticket to Perfect World. That behavior violates PWE's policies.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 09:45 AM   #1271
Aeolusdallas
Captain

My new Nausicaan just got the first Nausicaan Destroyer and wow the leech console is amazing.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 12:10 PM   #1272
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

Trek wrote: View Post
Completely agree (especially as that idiot last time was me). You really need a group who know what they're doing to complete this.

On an unrelated note: I turning in last nights Doff missions this morning yielded over 4,000 dilithium on my Orion toon and a total of over 9,000 across all five toons. All I did to get this was set them up and sleep. I'll get the DS9 bundle in no time at this rate.
How did you get some much dilithium from Doff missions?
Old February 22 2012, 12:39 PM   #1273
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

On Klingon side, turning over confiscated contraband nets you 2k dilithium on a non-critical(!) success. Forced labor assignments net you 500 dilithium on non-crits.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 01:08 PM   #1274
Rocketeer
Captain

Critical successes on almost any assignment normally give a good dilithium payout.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 01:11 PM   #1275
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

I ran my first Tour the Galaxy last night. I had no idea how many energy credits this event gives out. I completed all 7 areas and got 350,000 energy credits, plus exploration and trade xp. The event is doable twice in an hour if you start on time. It's a great way to make a lot of EC quickly to get those expensive items from the exchange. The best part is, all you need to do is fly around each sector.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote