Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 8 2012, 11:11 AM   #991
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
I wonder what the flimsy excuse will be this time for seeing Starfleet and KDF officers flying alternate faction ships?

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a part of story driven content that has the Cardassians eventually joining the Federation or something, but just to throw it out there in a "gift box" no matter how rare seems wrong to me.
I don't think there is one this time. They just named it Cardassian lockox because of the grand price you can win.

I am already annoyed with the boxes. Gozer has confirmed that every single STF run will add a box to the reward at the end.
And the other loot tables in game (which are a lot), will probably spam you with them as well...
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 11:16 AM   #992
Rocketeer
Captain

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Well I just made a TOS themed alt. So now I have TOS,TNG, and DS9 covered all I need now is Holo Sci Boff that I can customize to get started on my Voy themed alt, Then later I'll make and ENT themed alt and have all the series covered.

Given the fact that the NX and TOS Connie are T1 I'll need to find alternate ships for them to use at end game, so any suggestions?
For the TOS Connie, consider the Excelsior Refit.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 11:35 AM   #993
Rocketeer
Captain

Herkimer Jitty wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Artemis Bridge Simulator have online networking? Just combine that with Ventrilo or TeamSpeak for voice chat and you're golden (unless I'm mistaken).

That looks interesting. Appreciate the info. Thanks!

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old February 8 2012, 01:58 PM   #994
Trek
Fleet Captain

Well, I'll be selling every box I get and using the EC's to buy any unwanted items that get posted to the Exchange.

Also this should increase the exchange rate for CP's to dilithium, so I'm looking to make a killing there too.
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 03:28 PM   #995
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Trek wrote: View Post
Well, I'll be selling every box I get and using the EC's to buy any unwanted items that get posted to the Exchange.
I imagine it will be similar to the winter event boxes. I was able to purchase every item, except for the bug ship, on the exchange for each of my toons for relatively little EC. I would be interested in unlocking the dilithium horta, DS9 costume pack, cross faction console, and of course the Cardassian ship. I will probably use my monthly stipend to open a couple of boxes, but I won't be shelling out any real money on these. The c-store points I have saved up are going towards the Sao Paulo the next time there is a sale.

Also this should increase the exchange rate for CP's to dilithium, so I'm looking to make a killing there too.
And for this reason, I invested some dilithium and purchased a couple hundred more c-store points (1 c-point @ 180 dil) last night before the prices sky-rocket. It took a while for the exchange rate to drop to below 200 dilithium, and knowing that it can go that low, I don't ever plan to purchase c-store points for anything over 200 dilithium.

For now, I'm going to just do the new missions when they come out, log in daily to update my Doff missions, run the occasional STF or invasion mission with our fleet, and spend some actual time working on my first foundry mission. I'm taking a break from the daily grind fest to get dilithium.
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 03:49 PM   #996
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Well I just made a TOS themed alt. So now I have TOS,TNG, and DS9 covered all I need now is Holo Sci Boff that I can customize to get started on my Voy themed alt, Then later I'll make and ENT themed alt and have all the series covered.

Given the fact that the NX and TOS Connie are T1 I'll need to find alternate ships for them to use at end game, so any suggestions?
Will do.

For the TOS Connie, consider the Excelsior Refit.

Gives me an idea of what to use any left over C-points after I buy the Defiant interrior thats suppost to be available during the FE.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 07:12 PM   #997
Rocketeer
Captain

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
I can only strongly advise anybody not t ospend any money on these key.
It is the Winter Holiday Box event all over again.

As there are lottery winners in real life some people will get the ship.
But your actual chances will be one in a thousand if you are lucky.
The rest of the items, with an exception or two can be cherry picked from the c-store directly for a higher price then a key but 100% success if you aim for something specific.

100 c-points equal around a dollar I think, now imagine you get one box or so on every mission, do you really want to open them all, because you already have the box and "just" need one key for it?

Please, no.
I don't participate much in games of chance. For every winner there's a thousand losers. I like games where a little skill is involved like BlackJack. ;-)
Old February 8 2012, 07:59 PM   #998
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I didn't realize how annoying the dilithium thing is in crafting until I started crafting an Aegis set for my Excelsior Retrofit. 1,000 dilithium for each uncommon unreplicateable part? Jesus! For me to finish my set, I have to have 35,000 dilithium! I've already spent a bucketload of energy credits getting the materials for the set, but the dilithium thing is silly.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 08:01 PM   #999
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I didn't realize how annoying the dilithium thing is in crafting until I started crafting an Aegis set for my Excelsior Retrofit. 1,000 dilithium for each uncommon unreplicateable part? Jesus! For me to finish my set, I have to have 35,000 dilithium! I've already spent a bucketload of energy credits getting the materials for the set, but the dilithium thing is silly.
Why do you need more than one Aegis set? Just move it from ship to ship.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 08:03 PM   #1000
Captain_Amasov
Captain

syberghost wrote: View Post
Unless they're wanting to craft it for other players. Like my brother did for my characters, before this change.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 08:03 PM   #1001
Captain_Amasov
Captain

New shot of DS9 and the wormhole: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7030/6...fa63ceeb_o.jpg
Old February 8 2012, 08:11 PM   #1002
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

syberghost wrote: View Post
I'm completing the set. I finished the Aegis Engine, and now I'm working on the Shield and Deflector array.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 10:23 PM   #1003
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Well, here's your Galor-class then: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2866
Old February 8 2012, 11:27 PM   #1004
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

They updated Tribble this evening with some new DS9 interiors. Sadly they haven't dealt with the exteriors yet - but I guess that'll come when the FE is out. I threw some pics in the pic thread.
Jim Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2012, 11:28 PM   #1005
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
Well, here's your Galor-class then: http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2866
There is your flimsy excuse of why both factions suddenly have these ships.
And it's ridiculous!
Lex suggested that the Fed's and Klingons each confiscated those ships at theend of the war which would have made a million times more sense.... but oh well... dumb retcon story works as well...not!
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote