July-August 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Jul 2

Pegg: Star Trek Beyond Scary
By: T'Bonz on Jul 2

San Diego Comic-Con Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Nimoy Memories From Friends and Family
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old August 11 2014, 03:26 AM   #4831
J. Allen
Love For All

View J. Allen's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

ElimParra wrote: View Post
^ I like the new crafting system. It's how I'm trying to make some EC. But I think some people sell some stuff way too much. For example, what player is gonna sell a very rare ship shields Mk VI for a couple of million. No-one is gonna that much for something at that level.

Had no problem logging in earlier.
That's the problem. The materials cost me 200,000 credits, and I ended up selling it for 9,000, and that's on the lower end. Looking at the prices for the higher end stuff, there's no way I'd make anything approaching a profit without spending millions upon millions of credits. It's cheaper just to outright buy the equipment from someone, rather than craft it yourself.

Like My Little Pony? Join us at Brony Kingdom!

-= St. John of Trenton, Patron Saint of Cute Ponies =-
Bestowed upon me by Pondwater
Old August 11 2014, 03:49 AM   #4832
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

^ I never have brought crafting materials with the new system. I generally have enough of virtually everything that I need at the moment. I wish I did those 20 hour crafting earlier than I did, as now I can do at least 3 schools doing those each day. Having 5 characters helps, as I generally will move samples from one to another, if I need something.

Also materials can now be picked from PvE missions, and if you have any of data samples - convert them.
Old August 11 2014, 04:28 AM   #4833
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Well, well, well, have a look at this one sentence in the latest Tribble test server patch.

It is now possible to tag (Foundry) projects as category Quarters, for your entire player housing and crew quarter’s needs.
And a few posts down, a dev had this to say:

It means that if you want to use the Foundry to make a map that is intended to represent a ship interior, personal quarters, home, etc., you have a category that you can put it under so that people don't mistake it for a mission.
Looks like soon we'll be able to entirely customize the look of our ship interiors.
So does that mean I can eventually get to the observation lounge on my ship outside of repeating Cold Call.
Old August 11 2014, 03:57 PM   #4834
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Ha, finally bagged the optional for Infected Ground Elite.
Old August 11 2014, 07:58 PM   #4835
Scout101
Admiral

gratz. We should do some more fleet runs, think I've got a toon or two that could still use that one.

What would REALLY be good is to bang out the optional runs for the NORMAL STFs. Not so bad to get an Elite run going, and can get enough of a team out of the channels to get the Elite, but almost impossible to get a Normal queue to even pop, much less weeding out AFKers and getting the optional...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old August 11 2014, 09:51 PM   #4836
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
gratz. We should do some more fleet runs, think I've got a toon or two that could still use that one.

What would REALLY be good is to bang out the optional runs for the NORMAL STFs. Not so bad to get an Elite run going, and can get enough of a team out of the channels to get the Elite, but almost impossible to get a Normal queue to even pop, much less weeding out AFKers and getting the optional...
Well, i'm down to help if I can be of service. Count me in.
Old August 11 2014, 10:39 PM   #4837
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I hear online that Infected's is the hardest to get because the hostages can be assimilated so it's not just beating the clock on that one.
Old August 11 2014, 10:54 PM   #4838
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I hear online that Infected's is the hardest to get because the hostages can be assimilated so it's not just beating the clock on that one.
It's all a matter of timing and knowingwhat happens when and having a vague idea of where the invisible trigger lines are that prompt the worker drones to start assimilating them.

You can kill every drone in a room without the workers ever starting.
The trick is to do it fast, so high DPS long range weapons are a must. Long range AoEs helps, too.
At least for Elite.

On Normal you can storm a room no problem and just short range AoE everything if the team brings decent gear.
because the Borg don't hit really hard on normal this is the faster method.
Old August 12 2014, 12:54 AM   #4839
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
ElimParra wrote: View Post
^ I like the new crafting system. It's how I'm trying to make some EC. But I think some people sell some stuff way too much. For example, what player is gonna sell a very rare ship shields Mk VI for a couple of million. No-one is gonna that much for something at that level.

Had no problem logging in earlier.
That's the problem. The materials cost me 200,000 credits, and I ended up selling it for 9,000, and that's on the lower end. Looking at the prices for the higher end stuff, there's no way I'd make anything approaching a profit without spending millions upon millions of credits. It's cheaper just to outright buy the equipment from someone, rather than craft it yourself.
I agree with this.
Old August 15 2014, 07:35 AM   #4840
intrinsical
Commodore

Argh. I've waited over a year for a costume sale and guess what happens the day after I finally gave in an bought the Section 31 uniform that I've been eyeing on for a long, long time? That's right. Cryptic announces a 20% discount on all costumes.
Old August 15 2014, 07:45 AM   #4841
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral

Convert the zen price into real money, subtract the bit you would have saved with the discount and laugh about the pittance it really was.
Old August 15 2014, 06:21 PM   #4842
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I finally got all 6 Elite STF Optionals!
Old August 15 2014, 06:38 PM   #4843
Scout101
Admiral

Nice!

Banged out all the ground Normal ones with a few of you the other night, my newer toon hadn't run them yet and it's hard to get a queue together for that one. Will have to run him through the space normals this weekend, but that's an easy one for PUG groups, unless other people here want in on it.

He needs most of the ground Elite ones as well, may set up a couple runs and knock them out if I see a few of you on and you want to give it a go...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old August 15 2014, 06:43 PM   #4844
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Nice!

Banged out all the ground Normal ones with a few of you the other night, my newer toon hadn't run them yet and it's hard to get a queue together for that one. Will have to run him through the space normals this weekend, but that's an easy one for PUG groups, unless other people here want in on it.

He needs most of the ground Elite ones as well, may set up a couple runs and knock them out if I see a few of you on and you want to give it a go...
Well if I'm on at the time and not doing anything I'm in.
Old August 16 2014, 07:24 PM   #4845
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Argh. I've waited over a year for a costume sale and guess what happens the day after I finally gave in an bought the Section 31 uniform that I've been eyeing on for a long, long time? That's right. Cryptic announces a 20% discount on all costumes.
I saw that too. And, this is after a week or so of saving up and refining dilithium and exchanging it for Zen in order to get costume changes for my Fed toons.

I think I'm saving up for a multi-mission sci vessel, but I'm wondering if I should take advantage of the sale to get my Romulan toon a change of clothes.

I say 'I think' because I've been neglecting my other characters, and I feel I want to have my Vice Admiral at a certain point - spacewise, groundwise - before I move on to another.

On that note, I wanted to post my ship's current status, for my Vice Admiral Science Officer:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=reconbuild_0

Right now, I'm trying to make my sci ship as tough as can be, so I was doing some experimenting.

For the longest time, I didn't realize that my Auxiliery was around 25%, since my focus was having my weapon power at 100%. (This meant that my Gravity Well was really doing nothing all that time).

Currently, my power levels are locked at these levels:
*Weapons: 85%, with bonuses bringing it up to 97%
*Shields: 50%, with bonuses bringing it up to 51%
*Engines: 15%, and whatever bonuses bringing it up to 16% (I think I now understand why some of the Impulse Engines add certain speed bonuses for those of us who uses low levels!)
*Auxiliary: 50%, with bonuses bringing it up to 69%.

Groundwise, I'm experimenting with different weapons - I tend not to like pulseweapons, miniguns, or auto rifles - and seeing how my ground shields can last a bit longer against the Borg or general ground scenarios. I just realized, after researching forums, that energy dampening armor helps, so now I'm looking for a strong shield that won't dissipate after one barrage.

My plan is to fill up my reputation so I'll have more items to choose from.