Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old June 18 2014, 11:08 AM   #4681
Epsilon IX
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Currently enjoying the summer event. I've got all my captains a rather fetching set of swimming shorts! Quick question. I've noticed some of the users have a Pleasure Planet Tribble. How does one acquire them?
Old June 18 2014, 11:50 AM   #4682
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Epsilon IX wrote: View Post
Currently enjoying the summer event. I've got all my captains a rather fetching set of swimming shorts! Quick question. I've noticed some of the users have a Pleasure Planet Tribble. How does one acquire them?
Watch the first minute of this video, it shows you exactly how you can breed the tribble.

Old June 18 2014, 02:39 PM   #4683
Epsilon IX
Fleet Captain

^Thanks very much. Much appreciated. Another quick question. Does it work with just one character, or will it work with all others.

Last edited by Epsilon IX; June 18 2014 at 05:04 PM.
Epsilon IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 04:23 PM   #4684
Scout101
Admiral

Any value to the more expensive surfboards? i.e. faster and not just cosmetic? Not sure if they work like the floaters, or are just vanity projects. Just curious as to whether I should burn favors on trying to get nicer one, or just keep the cheapo one and go about my day...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 04:29 PM   #4685
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Any value to the more expensive surfboards? i.e. faster and not just cosmetic? Not sure if they work like the floaters, or are just vanity projects. Just curious as to whether I should burn favors on trying to get nicer one, or just keep the cheapo one and go about my day...
Yeah, I checked the stats the Superior ones are the fastest and have the best turn rate so, yeah getting the batter one is an improvement.

Just FYI the faction boards aren't any better the other superior boards.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 07:46 PM   #4686
Scout101
Admiral

Ok, I think that was the distinction I was missing. Just saw random bit in chat saying the faction boards weren't any better, just missed that they meant compared to the other Superior ones, not that the expensive ones weren't faster. Back to saving up, i guess. thanks for checking. Not that the surfboard race is anything special, but gotta spend the favors somewhere, I guess, may as well have the toys.

And this year, think I'll just buy a ton of favors once the market crashes in a couple weeks (but before the last day or two when it spikes again). I saved 100 or so from last year, but with a new toon to outfit this year, didn't do much and I wasn't around to sell in those first couple hours when prices were retarded. Will try and make a better grab of it this year. Towards the end last year, they were selling around 2500/each, and people were getting 40-60k each on day one this year, not a bad markup
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2014, 12:26 AM   #4687
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

So, this game has become quite addictive.

I've just became Lt. Commander, and I'm now picking my new ship....which will very possibly be a Constitution-class vessel which I'll be modifying, because I can't decide between the Excalibur variant or the refit.

What I like about this game, after having played it, is the way everything in Trek is incorporated, especially in the uniforms. For example, one player can be wearing a uniform from Enterprise while another can be wearing a uniform from the TOS films - specifically The Wrath of Khan. (My character is wearing a modified version of the TNG uniform from the films).

Basically, I'm guessing in this particular future, the uniform is particular to one's ship....whereas in the past, each ship had their own insignia.

Pretty cool.
Old June 19 2014, 12:49 AM   #4688
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post

I've just became Lt. Commander, and I'm now picking my new ship....which will very possibly be a Constitution-class vessel which I'll be modifying, because I can't decide between the Excalibur variant or the refit.

What I like about this game, after having played it, is the way everything in Trek is incorporated, especially in the uniforms. For example, one player can be wearing a uniform from Enterprise while another can be wearing a uniform from the TOS films - specifically The Wrath of Khan. (My character is wearing a modified version of the TNG uniform from the films).

Basically, I'm guessing in this particular future, the uniform is particular to one's ship....whereas in the past, each ship had their own insignia.

Pretty cool.
You can even have the TMP uniforms or the 29th or 31st century ones
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2014, 01:10 AM   #4689
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post

Pretty cool.
You can even have the TMP uniforms or the 29th or 31st century ones
Yeah, it's pretty cool!
Old June 19 2014, 08:00 PM   #4690
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

If anyone is interested in the Lifetime Subscription, now would be the time to get it.

They have a sale starting today till July, 10th.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/new...detail/5007993
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 12:56 AM   #4691
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

^ I was just about to post on that. Seriously thinking about it.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 03:13 AM   #4692
T J
Commodore

I got my LTS on sale a while back, very glad I did. All the perks (chimera for feds, android bridge officer, ect.), no wait times on busy release nights. I highly recommend it as a life long Trek fan.
Old June 20 2014, 05:17 AM   #4693
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

T J wrote: View Post
I got my LTS on sale a while back, very glad I did. All the perks (chimera for feds, android bridge officer, ect.), no wait times on busy release nights. I highly recommend it as a life long Trek fan.
Plus 500 zen a month, which is good for saving up for c-store purchases or chasing in for a nice amount of refined dilithium.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2014, 07:24 AM   #4694
T J
Commodore

Ah yes, gotta love the zen!
Old June 20 2014, 12:25 PM   #4695
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I got my LTS almost immediately after the f2p release two years ago. Haven't regretted it one second. And its paid for itself several times over by now.