Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old April 25 2014, 01:08 PM   #4576
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

No wonder the Borg aren't that hard to beat in STO....
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 02:04 PM   #4577
syberghost
Commander

View syberghost's Twitter Profile

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
So you accept that one starship can be on the Klingon front, Romulan front, Cardassian front, and everything else all in under a year? No.
You accepted it from Picard.
syberghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 02:50 PM   #4578
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Let's break it down by Fronts. Most missions, with the way they are structured, take less than a day (travel times not counted). Some Mission chains, mostly the FE's formerly known as weeklies take a bit longer.

Tutorial “Graduation Day”“Training Cruise”“Field Promotions”“Communication Breakdown”“Assimilation of the Innocent”
“Welcome to Earth Spacedock”
This basically happens all within a single day. Day 1 is Graduation, Trainings course, Borg Invasion, Field Promotion to Lt!

Klingon War “Stranded In Space”“Diplomatic Orders”“Hide and Seek”“Stop the Signal”“Researcher Rescue”“The Kuvah'Magh”“Treasure Trading Station”“Secret Orders”“Task Force Hippocrates” Let's be generous and call the Klingon Front so far 2 weeks. These are basically us patrolling the Klingon frontlines with back2back missions •

“Skirmish”“Spin the Wheel”“What Lies Beneath”“Everything Old is New”“Night of the Comet”
This basically covers about a month, though time travel shenanigans muddle it a bit.

“The Ultimate Klingon”“The Doomsday Device”“City on the Edge of Never”“Past Imperfect”“Temporal Ambassador” The rest of the Klingon Front might be another 2 weeks at the most.
So we are up to about 2 months total.

Wasteland “Secrets of Nimbus”“The Lost City of Paradise”“Blind Men Tell All Tales”“The Undying”“A Fistful of Gorn”“Installation 18”
If every mission on Nimbus takes about a day, this would be another week.

Romulan Mystery “Heading Out”“Under the Cover of Night”“Minefield”“Divide et Impera”“Saturday's Child”“Preemptive Strike”“Hunting the Hunters”“Project Nightingale”“By Any Means”“Ground Zero”“Ghost Ship”“Friend of My Enemy”“Taris”“Trapped”“S'harien's Swords”
Starfleet sends us to the Romulan front after the Tal Shiar Incident on Nimbus where we go back to patrolling with back2back missions. A month at the most.
We are at a bit over 3 months now in total.

“The Vault”“Mine Enemy”“Frozen”“Coliseum”“Cutting the Cord”“Darkness Before the Dawn” These were also weeklies, so let's say another month for this series. 4 months in total.

Cardassian Struggle “Venture into Deep Space”“Badlands”“Suspect”“War Games”“Shutdown”“Rapier”“Forging Bonds”“The Long Night”“The Tribble with Klingons”“Tear of the Prophets”“Crack in the Mirror”“The New Link”“Seeds of Dissent”“The Other Side”“Cage of Fire”“Second Wave”“Of Bajor”“Operation Gamma”“Facility 4028”“Boldly They Rode”
Including the Dominion FE, which is probably the most drawn out conflict of them all I would give the Cardassian Front 3 months at the most. Now we are at 7 months all in all.

Borg Advance “Report to Gamma Orionis”“Where Angels Fear to Tread”“A Gathering Darkness”“Assimilation”“Fluid Dynamics”
The newly revamped Borg/Undine Arc doesn't take more than a week.

Breen Invasion “Cold Call”“Out in the Cold”“Cold Comfort”“Cold Case”“Cold Storage” Another weekly series, so add another month. We are at 8.5 months roughly.

Solanae Dyson Sphere “Sphere of Influence”“Circles within Circles”“Supply Woes”“The Contested Zone”“The Omega Standoff”“Tower Control”“A Step Between Stars”“Fluidic Destruction”
These missions probably happen over a couple of months, since there is a lot of research and backstory happening with the 3 factions establishing a beach head in the sphere and all.
So at this point we need about 10-11 months for all major missions.

That leaves a couple of weeks for a Risa vacation and the short skirmishes and rescue operations we see in the queues. Basically the stuff that happens in between plus travel times which don't take that long with transwarp capabilities.

They couldn't have put much more into 2409 but it fits.

The only thing that strechtes credibility of course is the rise to admirality in that single year.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 05:16 PM   #4579
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I have to let off a little steam after the 5th Undine Assault went wrong.
Old April 25 2014, 05:35 PM   #4580
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

syberghost wrote: View Post
Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
So you accept that one starship can be on the Klingon front, Romulan front, Cardassian front, and everything else all in under a year? No.
You accepted it from Picard.
Agree with the above. Hell, in the final TNG episode :All Good Things" Picard (in the 1st season 'past' Q reality) was told to abandon his mission the Far Point Station (named that because it was the farthest station at the edge of Fed space) - but went anyway; made it to the point where he encountered Q previously (just an hour or so out from Far Point - and that's from the fact that in the original pilot episode the separated saucer section would rejoin in 55 minutes at FP); and when Q didn't show warped all the way from there to Romulan space (into the Neutral Zone); and made it to the Devron system to encounter the anomaly.
^^^
SAo, yeah, if the TNG series writers can have them do that in just a couple days, I can buy the STO mission designers putting my character at the various 'war' fronts over the course of a year.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 07:38 PM   #4581
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Timelord Victorious wrote: View Post
FYI I demorecorded the "Assimilation" run last night, or at least part of it and took the opportunity to explore the Borg cube with the free moving camera feature.

Damn, that thing is big.

Zooming all the way outside makes it look like they build the outer shell actually to scale.
Though, the parts players can't see are are largly empty low rez and the Borg standing around in their alcoves in the distance are just painted on!
^^That was a fun run.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2014, 02:57 AM   #4582
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

Okay, I played the new FE. Really amazing. They did some outstanding work on it, and I thought it had some of the best voice work in the game as well.
Old April 26 2014, 03:16 AM   #4583
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Let's break it down by Fronts. Most missions, with the way they are structured, take less than a day (travel times not counted). Some Mission chains, mostly the FE's formerly known as weeklies take a bit longer.

Tutorial “Graduation Day”“Training Cruise”“Field Promotions”“Communication Breakdown”“Assimilation of the Innocent”
“Welcome to Earth Spacedock”
This basically happens all within a single day. Day 1 is Graduation, Trainings course, Borg Invasion, Field Promotion to Lt!

Klingon War “Stranded In Space”“Diplomatic Orders”“Hide and Seek”“Stop the Signal”“Researcher Rescue”“The Kuvah'Magh”“Treasure Trading Station”“Secret Orders”“Task Force Hippocrates” Let's be generous and call the Klingon Front so far 2 weeks. These are basically us patrolling the Klingon frontlines with back2back missions •

“Skirmish”“Spin the Wheel”“What Lies Beneath”“Everything Old is New”“Night of the Comet”
This basically covers about a month, though time travel shenanigans muddle it a bit.

“The Ultimate Klingon”“The Doomsday Device”“City on the Edge of Never”“Past Imperfect”“Temporal Ambassador” The rest of the Klingon Front might be another 2 weeks at the most.
So we are up to about 2 months total.

Wasteland “Secrets of Nimbus”“The Lost City of Paradise”“Blind Men Tell All Tales”“The Undying”“A Fistful of Gorn”“Installation 18”
If every mission on Nimbus takes about a day, this would be another week.

Romulan Mystery “Heading Out”“Under the Cover of Night”“Minefield”“Divide et Impera”“Saturday's Child”“Preemptive Strike”“Hunting the Hunters”“Project Nightingale”“By Any Means”“Ground Zero”“Ghost Ship”“Friend of My Enemy”“Taris”“Trapped”“S'harien's Swords”
Starfleet sends us to the Romulan front after the Tal Shiar Incident on Nimbus where we go back to patrolling with back2back missions. A month at the most.
We are at a bit over 3 months now in total.

“The Vault”“Mine Enemy”“Frozen”“Coliseum”“Cutting the Cord”“Darkness Before the Dawn” These were also weeklies, so let's say another month for this series. 4 months in total.

Cardassian Struggle “Venture into Deep Space”“Badlands”“Suspect”“War Games”“Shutdown”“Rapier”“Forging Bonds”“The Long Night”“The Tribble with Klingons”“Tear of the Prophets”“Crack in the Mirror”“The New Link”“Seeds of Dissent”“The Other Side”“Cage of Fire”“Second Wave”“Of Bajor”“Operation Gamma”“Facility 4028”“Boldly They Rode”
Including the Dominion FE, which is probably the most drawn out conflict of them all I would give the Cardassian Front 3 months at the most. Now we are at 7 months all in all.

Borg Advance “Report to Gamma Orionis”“Where Angels Fear to Tread”“A Gathering Darkness”“Assimilation”“Fluid Dynamics”
The newly revamped Borg/Undine Arc doesn't take more than a week.

Breen Invasion “Cold Call”“Out in the Cold”“Cold Comfort”“Cold Case”“Cold Storage” Another weekly series, so add another month. We are at 8.5 months roughly.

Solanae Dyson Sphere “Sphere of Influence”“Circles within Circles”“Supply Woes”“The Contested Zone”“The Omega Standoff”“Tower Control”“A Step Between Stars”“Fluidic Destruction”
These missions probably happen over a couple of months, since there is a lot of research and backstory happening with the 3 factions establishing a beach head in the sphere and all.
So at this point we need about 10-11 months for all major missions.

That leaves a couple of weeks for a Risa vacation and the short skirmishes and rescue operations we see in the queues. Basically the stuff that happens in between plus travel times which don't take that long with transwarp capabilities.

They couldn't have put much more into 2409 but it fits.

The only thing that strechtes credibility of course is the rise to admirality in that single year.
One slight correction, seeing as Fluidic Destruction introduces the Undine space zone which has you fighting planet killers, it would have to take place after Surface Tension which introduces the planet killers.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2014, 03:56 AM   #4584
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Yes, Fluidic Destruction happens in 2410.
Old April 27 2014, 05:50 AM   #4585
Manticore
Rear Admiral

It bugged me that Tuvok kept calling Sol "Saul" and Qo'nos "Konus". Other than that, really solid ...and it drew me back in again dammit.

The fact that you can tailor your armor and kits now just sealed the deal.
Old April 27 2014, 10:12 AM   #4586
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Manticore wrote: View Post
It bugged me that Tuvok kept calling Sol "Saul" and Qo'nos "Konus". Other than that, really solid ...and it drew me back in again dammit.

Welcome Back!

In other news, I've just met my crazy long term goal of equipping all 8 of my Fed characters with a Tachyokinetic Converter Console without spending a single dime. That's 1600 lobi crystals, around 400 lockboxes opened and close to half a million dilithium in cost. Only took me about one and half years of effort. lol yes I'm crazy
Old April 27 2014, 05:21 PM   #4587
Ruaidhri
Commodore

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Manticore wrote: View Post

Welcome Back!

In other news, I've just met my crazy long term goal of equipping all 8 of my Fed characters with a Tachyokinetic Converter Console without spending a single dime. That's 1600 lobi crystals, around 400 lockboxes opened and close to half a million dilithium in cost. Only took me about one and half years of effort. lol yes I'm crazy
Now THAT is dedication!
Old April 28 2014, 12:02 AM   #4588
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Well, can't you adjust it to make the conflic with Klingon separatists then?
There must still be people like Torg or B'Vat who couldn't accept piece with the Federation.
Didn't we kill B'Vat?
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 02:15 AM   #4589
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
There must still be people like Torg or B'Vat who couldn't accept piece with the Federation.
Didn't we kill B'Vat?
Plus Torg is still discommendated regardless of what faction you're playing as.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 04:09 AM   #4590
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
Didn't we kill B'Vat?
Plus Torg is still discommendated regardless of what faction you're playing as.
Just an example of the type of villain...
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote