RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,685
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 400
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old April 23 2014, 01:47 PM   #4561
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

To be fair, and going by what Tuvok states at the end, it seems that the larger conflict has ended between the Federation and the Empire, but we're still not technically allies yet like we were under the Khitomer Accords. So, you could still have issues with certain groups of Klingons, like we do with the rogue elements in Tau Dewa sector patrols.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 02:26 PM   #4562
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Arghhh Cryptic! My next foundry mission was going to be the start of a war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. Now you've thrown me into a bind.
Just preface your mission with a note like "This mission takes place prior to the Feature Episode {insert name here}."
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 04:08 PM   #4563
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

I still have a hard time believing that essentially all of this cosmic mess from season 1 to season 8 happened in the span of a year, which also means that thousands upon thousands of officers are getting promoted faster and higher than NuKirk

But that's a minor narrative gripe. I had a bunch of fun playing the new material last night, albeit the Undine STFs were a tad confusing at first. Still, a few things I wanted to mention:

Old April 23 2014, 08:43 PM   #4564
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Oddly enough I actually liked Shon in this one. Also, Voyager must have a new AI script, the bloody thing was all over the place owning stuff during the fight at Earth and Qo'noS.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 09:09 PM   #4565
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

How long does the new featured episode take? I have the time to start it tomorrow.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 09:31 PM   #4566
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I wish, Voyager's bridge would have featured more heavily. So they'd have a reason to build a good bridge set for her.

As it was they had the schematics of an Akira displayed in the background and those huge ugly blue LCARS.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 09:33 PM   #4567
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

Took me an hour - but I was watching all the cinematics and letting the v/o actors do the dialogues, and taking my time on the battles.
Jim Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 01:26 AM   #4568
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Jim Gamma wrote: View Post
Took me an hour - but I was watching all the cinematics and letting the v/o actors do the dialogues, and taking my time on the battles.
This. I really savored this FE. It was like an episode of Star Trek, and you could feel the devs poured a lot into it.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 03:07 AM   #4569
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Cyke101 wrote: View Post
I still have a hard time believing that essentially all of this cosmic mess from season 1 to season 8 happened in the span of a year, which also means that thousands upon thousands of officers are getting promoted faster and higher than NuKirk
Actually from the in-game perspective its just one officer, your character. The rest of the captains you see commanding other starships? They're good captains, but they're only ordinary captains.

If you played the remastered Borg/Undine FEs, there's a conversation where your character meets Tuvok for the first time and say, "I've read all about you and your adventures on Voyager". And Tuvok replies, "I too know about you and your meteoric rise through the ranks."
Old April 24 2014, 03:21 AM   #4570
Enterprise1701
Captain

Actually from the in-game perspective its just one officer, your character. The rest of the captains you see commanding other starships? They're good captains, but they're only ordinary captains.

If you played the remastered Borg/Undine FEs, there's a conversation where your character meets Tuvok for the first time and say, "I've read all about you and your adventures on Voyager". And Tuvok replies, "I too know about you and your meteoric rise through the ranks."
So you accept that one starship can be on the Klingon front, Romulan front, Cardassian front, and everything else all in under a year? No.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 03:36 AM   #4571
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post

So you accept that one starship can be on the Klingon front, Romulan front, Cardassian front, and everything else all in under a year? No.
Not me. Its Cryptic that wants you to accept it.
Old April 24 2014, 06:43 PM   #4572
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

FYI if you don't already have it you might want to plan to get the Odyssey uniform from a T3 starbase becuase its not just the ESD NCPS getting them.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41&postcount=4
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2014, 08:53 PM   #4573
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I'll play through the new/revamped Undine/Borg missions in about an hour. If anyone hasn't done so or want's to replay them as a team he is welcome to join, of course.
Old April 24 2014, 09:05 PM   #4574
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

I just finished the FE. It took me 1 1/2 hours to complete. I thought it was done better than any of the recent ones. It might have made a two part television episode.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2014, 11:43 AM   #4575
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

FYI I demorecorded the "Assimilation" run last night, or at least part of it and took the opportunity to explore the Borg cube with the free moving camera feature.

Damn, that thing is big.

Zooming all the way outside makes it look like they build the outer shell actually to scale.
Though, the parts players can't see are are largly empty low rez and the Borg standing around in their alcoves in the distance are just painted on!