IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old February 13 2014, 02:28 PM   #4231
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
I bought the extra space one, but sadly haven't actually played any space content in the last week or two to check it. Been all anniversary events, voth battlezone, or colony invasion. Just grinding Qmendations, DIL, and Marks to feed the projects atm...

Seems like a no-brainer to buy if you've got the fleet credits to spare and don't plan to blow them on a console/ship/weapon upgrade right away. I passed for the moment on the ground slot, just couldn't talk myself into needing any of the extra powers the slot would bring. Space, though, is an easy way to increase DPS or healing
Where do you buy additional slots?
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old February 13 2014, 03:06 PM   #4232
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

I bought the extra space one, but sadly haven't actually played any space content in the last week or two to check it. Been all anniversary events, voth battlezone, or colony invasion. Just grinding Qmendations, DIL, and Marks to feed the projects atm...

Seems like a no-brainer to buy if you've got the fleet credits to spare and don't plan to blow them on a console/ship/weapon upgrade right away. I passed for the moment on the ground slot, just couldn't talk myself into needing any of the extra powers the slot would bring. Space, though, is an easy way to increase DPS or healing
I unlocked both space and ground. They're both very useful for my tac officer but sadly I can't find any suitable ground doff for my sci officer who's a ground healer. So yeah that extra ground slot isn't always useful.

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Where do you buy additional slots?
Our fleet hasn't unlock the fleet vendor so you'll have to get an invitation from another fleet who has already unlocked the tier 3 Spire and buy it from their vendor.

Some fleets charge an arm and a foot for the invitation, but the NoP Public Service channel has good people who offer free spire invite if you ask politely.
Old February 13 2014, 03:21 PM   #4233
Scout101
Admiral

Yep, just put out a nice callout in NoP Public Service, and you'll get an invite if someone is around. Can get the various Tailor uniforms (Dyson Researcher is nice), various warp cores and consoles, etc.

We don't have any Spire provisions at the moment, but the Spire TAC consoles are very nice. Those take Research Provisions, queued one of those to run next, chip in to complete it faster if you want to use some of them. Can also get purple Mk XII ground kits (FINALLY), but need OPS provisions for that. That project is running right now, so gotta finish that one so we can fire up an OPS provision project and open those up.

In both cases, we won't have the max tier to get the best stuff, but we can load a couple provisions and use the NoP channel to buy the max stuff from their base...

NoP occasionally has someone willing to give a fleet invite to buy a ship, as well. No charging for anything in that channel, so free invites vice paying millions by finding someone in a zone or trading chat. Of course, it's nice to throw some loot back into their holdings if you use theirs to buy a ship, but not required.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old February 13 2014, 03:26 PM   #4234
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Also feel free to invite other people to buy at our base and holdings if they are not after the highest Tier stuff.
We are a way off from those items, but have something to offer after all.
Top ground gear: weapons/armor/PSG...
Old February 13 2014, 04:09 PM   #4235
Scout101
Admiral

And feel free to invite people to actually join the fleet, as well. If you're hitting it off with anyone in a PVE, battlezone, RP, or whatever, toss them an invite. More the merrier, and helps share the load a little.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old February 14 2014, 12:30 AM   #4236
Rocketeer
Captain

Appreciate the info. On the Fed Sci, have a blue doctor, purple medic, purple biochemist. On the KDF Sci, purple doctor and purple biochemist. My goal is 3 purple med doffs on all sci toons.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old February 14 2014, 01:56 AM   #4237
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

What's the cost on buying an active duty doff slot?
Old February 14 2014, 01:51 PM   #4238
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Had the luck of finding myself roughly at the same level and on the same missiosn as Dark Horizon yesterday by sheer happenstance and we had fun teamign up.
Wish that would happen more often.

That way we earned more XP as well and I found myself jumping level 19 straight to 20 and became a commander.

BTW, Dark, I didn't go for the Nebula after all.
It would have cost me 2000 Zen and while that would have been nice to have for the next 10 levels I figured I'm probably better off saving my zen and waiting for my next stipend which should be ready when I get this toon to VA to pick up a free Vesta or Aventine....
Old February 14 2014, 03:24 PM   #4239
Scout101
Admiral

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
Either 125k or 150k Fleet Credits, forget which off the top of my head. Want to say 150k.
Old February 16 2014, 04:59 AM   #4240
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

I decided on downloading this game yesterday, after seeing a post on it on FB. Now hooked. Should be doing other things, but playing the game a little more.
Old February 16 2014, 01:10 PM   #4241
Rocketeer
Captain

======

ElimParra - welcome to the STO universe!

======

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
Either 125k or 150k Fleet Credits, forget which off the top of my head. Want to say 150k.
I don't remember the exact cost either, but it's a significant investment. That's why I was asking if it worth it. Not everything for sale in the Fleet Stores give a good return on investment.

The normal 5 doff slots that currently get me the best boosts are the ground and space for the ENGR and space for the SCI. Your actual mileage may vary...

=====

STO will be at Destination Star Trek!!!

Thanks

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Old February 16 2014, 01:58 PM   #4242
PaleMoonlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just a quick question for those who might know...I haven't been given my next mission yet. I just finished "The Ultimate Klingon" a couple of days ago, and I haven't been hailed by the admiral dude with the next mission yet? So far its always happened the instant you finish the preceding mission..is there sometimes meant to be a gap between them? Thanks
Old February 16 2014, 02:47 PM   #4243
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

You probably closed the window accidentally when you did.
click on that little starfleet delta button on the lower left corner of the minimap or press J on your keyboard to open the mission menu.

There you click on In Progress and at the top of the scroll down menu you should find the mission ready to turn in manually.
Old February 16 2014, 10:32 PM   #4244
PaleMoonlight
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks for the reply

No such luck I'm afraid =/ I'm fairly sure I remember turning it in, at which point the next mission should have popped up, right? It doesn't appear to be under the "available" bit of the mission menu either...
Old February 16 2014, 10:51 PM   #4245
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Then click on Episodes> Klingon Wasteland>scroll down to Doomsday Device which should be your next mission and hail.
Closed Thread