Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old December 10 2013, 05:42 AM   #4066
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Try mailing it to yourself? Or if you have a shared bank account, you can try putting it there so one of your other characters can make use of it.
Old December 10 2013, 07:31 PM   #4067
Captain Kathryn
Fleet Captain

Location: In Star Trek / Doctor Who fantasy land aka New Jersey
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Captain Kathryn

Yeah I'll just try to find a way so my other character can use it. Oh well.
Old December 12 2013, 11:17 AM   #4068
JRS
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JRS

I am bit confused about the comments in the official STO forums, about the new Mogh battle cruiser being OP and so on( and now all fed ships should have cloaking device?!? not good idea, IMHO).
Personally I think it looks like a cool ship and certainly is about time that KDF gets a new ship, cause its been like..about two years since the previous T5 C-store ship, right?

I find it odd that some people want all ships, in all sides, to have matching stats + consoles.
I actually prefer to have differences between the STO factions and their ships, makes playing them much more interesting I would in fact add even more unique gear to all three factions.
"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself " - Richard Nixon
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2013, 01:21 PM   #4069
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Every new ship released is completely OP if the forums are to believed.
Every
Single
One!
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2013, 02:04 AM   #4070
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
I was on a break for the winter event last year, so i need some help. How the hell do you do this race? I either slide off the track and get disqualified, or am beat by my 'opponent' who doesn't appear to have any traction issues.

I realize there must be a secret to it, I just don't know it.
Always run. ALWAYS.

Anticipate your turns. Really, the bigger the turn, the sooner you turn. You can make a u-turn around a second or two before you actually have to turn.

If you really need to stop going in the direction you're going, either do a roll, or do a stuck jump (ie, jump, but don't be holding any movement keys when you land). Either of those will stop your momentum completely. The jump is harder to pull off, but it doesn't have as long as a downtime if you do it right (the roll stops you dead for a fraction of a second after the roll).

You can go "out of bounds" a bit, and on the curves especially. Just as long as you stay inside the flags, you'll be fine, and some of them you can actually go outside of (though I wouldn't suggest it). You can make the last couple of turns almost a straight line by going up the hills instead of around them. But a warning - the first or second curves are really strict on the boundaries. One of them was actually inside the flag, or at least it was last year.

Also, the boots make you go faster. This is more useful for the pvp race, where it can mean the difference between first place and third.

As long as you aren't poking along, you shouldn't have a single worry about the NPC racer. Heck, do it right, you can pass up the person racing in front of you
Old December 13 2013, 09:26 AM   #4071
Rocketeer
Captain

Scout101 wrote: View Post
buy them from the winter vendor in the rotunda. Forget the cost, but it'll show up as Frosted Boots, wanna say 15 each of the non-rare ones? And get a gun as soon as you can (before the boots), costs 8 of each non-rare and 5 of the two rare ones (bells and beads). That'll let you have a chance in the events without having to throw snowballs, which is a pain...
I recommend the Flurry (weapon). It's kind of like a 22 caliber Uzi. Doesn't have much wallop, but throws an almost continuous stream of snowballs.

My priority of purchasing winter items:
Weapon,
Frosted Boots,
Scarf,
Jacket

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2013, 09:31 AM   #4072
Rocketeer
Captain

TheRoyalFamily wrote: View Post

Also, the boots make you go faster. This is more useful for the pvp race, where it can mean the difference between first place and third.

It's not always who gets there first. It's who grabs the flags first. I've come in 4th and 5th on two different races and still got the 1st place flag.
Old December 13 2013, 12:44 PM   #4073
Scout101
Admiral

Winter Event needs a makeover for next year. Find myself already fading out on this one. Already had a gun, boots, and a jacket/scarf. The new offerings were just additional guns and new colors for the jacket (shouldn't have to grind to change color, don't on any other uniform). The mortar was the only really new thing worth having.

So I did the grind for the new character I made this year, and now he's all set too. Almost done with the ship, as I was carrying half an event worth of 8x10 photos from running basically every race last year. Swimming in xmas loot, just gotta finish the ship and then save pics for next time I guess. And doing the PvP race for free marks, that's the best benefit here.

Gingerbread colony was nice idea, but the reward is just a couple pieces of xmas loot, so no reason to grind it if you're already full up.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2013, 01:23 PM   #4074
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

I had a lot of xmas stuff and I converted it all into GPL, enough to buy a couple personal holo-emitters, the borg drone and the Reman Psychic Mirage, which freaks people out.
Old December 13 2013, 02:12 PM   #4075
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Just a reminder that its Friday the 13th again, so Hearts and Minds is once again available.
Old December 14 2013, 09:39 PM   #4076
Jean-Luc Picard
Lieutenant

I'm hoping that someone here can help me...

I've just passed the training section and am on the "Stranded in Space" mission - but suddenly, my ship's speed and turn rate has massively decreased. I've played around with all the settings to try and make it faster but it just stays at the same, ridiculously slow level. I'm finding it really difficult to actually destroy any attacking ships because I can't keep up with them...is this a glitch? Is it something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old December 14 2013, 09:51 PM   #4077
Aeolusdallas
Captain

Jean-Luc Picard wrote: View Post
I'm hoping that someone here can help me...

I've just passed the training section and am on the "Stranded in Space" mission - but suddenly, my ship's speed and turn rate has massively decreased. I've played around with all the settings to try and make it faster but it just stays at the same, ridiculously slow level. I'm finding it really difficult to actually destroy any attacking ships because I can't keep up with them...is this a glitch? Is it something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Did you take your impulse engine off of your ship?
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2013, 02:34 PM   #4078
Rocketeer
Captain

Has anyone picked up the Breen ships? What's your opinion? The choices are Warship (Tac Cruiser) or Marauder. Unless you tell me something good, I'm just saving my Q photos for now.
Old December 16 2013, 06:54 PM   #4079
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

I think the Chel Grett is a great ship. I ran with it on my Gorn engineer for at least 6 months after getting it last year and still go back to it occasionally.

An Informed Approximation
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17 2013, 05:46 AM   #4080
Dixie Flatline
Lieutenant

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Has anyone picked up the Breen ships? What's your opinion? The choices are Warship (Tac Cruiser) or Marauder. Unless you tell me something good, I'm just saving my Q photos for now.
I'm at 440 autographs on both my Fed and 'Ngon (that's my nickname for Klingons; it's gonna catch on big time, just you watch).

Gonna give my Fed the Marauder and give my Klink the Cruiser, I think. I have no ZEN ships.