Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old August 13 2013, 09:00 AM   #3736
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Yes, consensus seems to be, another costume today, a shuttle/fighter tomorrow, T3 ship on thursday and T5 ship on friday.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 11:44 AM   #3737
Scout101
Admiral

Thought there might at least be a KDF equivalent, kinda shafting people there. Not horrible, just a disappointment that they didn't work both sides with this promotion.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 02:53 PM   #3738
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Thought there might at least be a KDF equivalent, kinda shafting people there. Not horrible, just a disappointment that they didn't work both sides with this promotion.
Problem is, KDF doesn't have any old non selling items they can give out without shooting themselves in the foot.
Apparently the one and only C-Store costume the KDF does have must still be selling.
If they'd make that one free even for a day, the little income they have from KDF would stop completely.

Of course they should at the same time finally make some iconic costumes for KDF that would enhance their income instead.

Of the top of my head I can think of the original outfits of:

Kruge, the Duras Sisters, Gorkon, Worf&Jadzia Wedding, Ceremony, that Klingon Captain in ST V and I'm sure there are more.

Oh well, let's see what they have to offer today. Not that I can claim it, since my internet connection won't be up until tomorrow evening probably.
Chances are I already have whatever it is.
Old August 13 2013, 06:41 PM   #3739
pymfan2000
Lieutenant

Today's freebie: Kirk's wraparound tunic from TOS
pymfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13 2013, 07:48 PM   #3740
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

That is good. Can't log in for at least another day or so and don't miss out, already got that one, too.
Old August 13 2013, 10:02 PM   #3741
T J
Commodore

Ah! one I don't have.

YOINK! TY STO!
Old August 13 2013, 11:06 PM   #3742
Scout101
Admiral

Eh, I'll claim it just because, but that's 2/2 on ones I have no intention of using. Already got a million costumes from set pieces and whatnot, and all my BOFFs are the unique ones you can't put into uniforms anyway, so nowhere to display most of these things...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old August 13 2013, 11:21 PM   #3743
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Eh, I'll claim it just because, but that's 2/2 on ones I have no intention of using. Already got a million costumes from set pieces and whatnot, and all my BOFFs are the unique ones you can't put into uniforms anyway, so nowhere to display most of these things...
Meh, never could get into using a full special boff crew. I follow the Trek formula and have one "special" officer at most.
Old August 14 2013, 12:32 AM   #3744
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

Whoever runs the STO Facebook account (Branflakes, I'd imagine) said the next three days will have KDF-available ships
3 KDF ships will be available between tomorrow and Friday, one each day! Qapla'!
So that's something.

Also, the lockbox is Elachi, who'da guessed?
Old August 14 2013, 11:49 AM   #3745
Scout101
Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Meh, never could get into using a full special boff crew. I follow the Trek formula and have one "special" officer at most.
Because there hasn't been any slot growth to account for all of the special rewards over the years, just KEEPING the special BOFFs has crowded out most of my 'normal' crew, even if they were purples. 2 Borg, a Reman, a Breen, a Jemmy... A couple of the originals are still on the team (upgraded to purple, of course), but not much room. And usually the special ones have additional skills that make them a better choice, so my regular guys usually just stay on the ship, and I use them more for the ship powers, whereas the special guys beam down. Just annoying you can't tweak their look at all, even to put them in a uniform...
Old August 14 2013, 12:04 PM   #3746
Scout101
Admiral

And the Android and the Photonic Doctor. It's drifted so badly that I forgot TWO and didn't notice
Old August 14 2013, 02:24 PM   #3747
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

The Android is alright. You can customize it as it's basically just an alien with special costume pieces and abilities.
Old August 14 2013, 03:14 PM   #3748
Scout101
Admiral

Not complaining about any of them, they're ok. Just pointing out that I've got 7 BOFFs that are in addition to the 'regular' ones, so it's crowded them out. And out of that group, the android is the only one you can do any customizing to or put in a uniform.

It would be nice if you were allowed to select between the default costume and the starfleet option. Basically like when you choose to wear the MACO or OMEGA costumes; can either do that or the regular uniforms, but can't mix/match much. Where's the harm in having a borg in a starfleet uniform, as he's part of my crew anyway? Have the option to wear their 'native' costumes, but allow them to mix in with the rest of the team. Would at least make them look a little customizable, vice every away team having the same 4 guys following them around.

On the other hand, once you hit endgame there's almost ZERO use for your away team anymore anyway, so not like you see them much. Either running group events or solo items, maybe sometimes you can bring one guy down with you. Beaming down as a group almost never comes up anymore...
Old August 14 2013, 03:40 PM   #3749
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

On the other hand, once you hit endgame there's almost ZERO use for your away team anymore anyway, so not like you see them much. Either running group events or solo items, maybe sometimes you can bring one guy down with you. Beaming down as a group almost never comes up anymore...
This seems to change with the new adventure zones. Since we get a new one soon, you will see more of them then.

Apparently boffs get back into focus. They are revamping the Fed tutorial right now and give your crew a similar treatment like the Romulans got. So make them more involved. Looking forward to get a new First Officer type.
Old August 14 2013, 06:30 PM   #3750
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

The freebie today is the Yellowstone Runabout.

It comes with a special engine that enables any shuttle craft to use an AoE slow debuff.

You can also use the standard Danube runabout skin instead of the Yellowstone skin.

It is better than a standard runabout and better than a standard shuttle.

Though I think Captain's Yacht, Delta Flyer and Peregrine fighter still beat it.

Klingons can claim the KDF fighter for free today, too.