Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old December 1 2011, 05:19 PM   #346
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Yep, sounds like we've got the same idea, just a matter of doing some re-org. Really not too far off, just eliminating some officer ranks, giving full members (officers in my scheme) a little more access, and tweaking bank rights a bit. Ability for regular members to create events is crucial, especially since we're going to have to grind STFs a lot more for any of the new crap they're putting in.

And yeah, Hartzilla grabbed the DF spec for me while he was crafting my Aegis set, good to go there, thanks. Ran out of time to grind that on my alt toon, so nice to have that in the shuttlebay before the patch hits (today?).

We'll see how F2P goes, but would be nice to be more active. Which should happen a little on its own if they get around to giving us something to DO again. And definitely need some US representation in the Admiralty pool. Looks fine to you guys, you're all on together. Tough to find anyone around with full permissions once you guys go to bed, though...

Although no matter what, suspect you're right; probably won't be more than the usual 6-7 of us when we try to do anything anyway, so all just a thought exercise
Until we reorganize... You don't need to have one of us around to ask, you can always just send an in game email, and we will send the item to you per mail and you can pick it up at the next opportunity. just takes a little longer...
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2011, 10:12 PM   #347
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Been patching for hours, slow connect and ~1.4 Gb of download.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 01:14 AM   #348
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

I shoukd have posted this earlier. I have not been on Tribble and have missed some posts here. Being VA1 what do I need to do?
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 09:42 AM   #349
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Well, the skill system has completely changed. So you have to spent all your skill points again.
Old December 2 2011, 10:21 AM   #350
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Hey, folks, guess who's back from Zynga. dStahl himself has returned to Cryptic. Not as Executive Producer however but in charge of the foundry.
Old December 2 2011, 11:07 AM   #351
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

KDF players now have access to DS9

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!!

The Sisko would never have allowed that! Shame on you, James Kurland!
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 12:39 PM   #352
Rocketeer
Captain

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Yep, sounds like we've got the same idea, just a matter of doing some re-org. Really not too far off, just eliminating some officer ranks, giving full members (officers in my scheme) a little more access, and tweaking bank rights a bit. Ability for regular members to create events is crucial, especially since we're going to have to grind STFs a lot more for any of the new crap they're putting in.

And yeah, Hartzilla grabbed the DF spec for me while he was crafting my Aegis set, good to go there, thanks. Ran out of time to grind that on my alt toon, so nice to have that in the shuttlebay before the patch hits (today?).

We'll see how F2P goes, but would be nice to be more active. Which should happen a little on its own if they get around to giving us something to DO again. And definitely need some US representation in the Admiralty pool. Looks fine to you guys, you're all on together. Tough to find anyone around with full permissions once you guys go to bed, though...

Although no matter what, suspect you're right; probably won't be more than the usual 6-7 of us when we try to do anything anyway, so all just a thought exercise
Until we reorganize... You don't need to have one of us around to ask, you can always just send an in game email, and we will send the item to you per mail and you can pick it up at the next opportunity. just takes a little longer...
My chief complaint was that rank in TrekBBS was related to rank on the Trek BBS system; However, you mentioned that was being addressed. Fleet membership above recruit should still require participation in the forums.

Some type of layered permissions need to be in place. F2P will bring more people; the good, the bad and the ugly. If the fleet bank is wide open for any fleet member, someone will clean it out. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 12:44 PM   #353
Scout101
Admiral

It's never been wide open, nor should it. Arguing that it's a little too locked down for the members in good standing, though. Only ones who should have full access are the leaders, so they can get things to give to others when asked. I guess you can argue that they should have a limit as well (10 items off the good tab?) just to prevent a clean out, but kind of a dick move in a community where we know each other.

That behavior makes more sense in a random online fleet...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 01:58 PM   #354
Trek
Fleet Captain

Now that Season 5 has launched, I'm going to be taking a look at the bank tonight and have a cleanup. If you want something that's restricted at the moment let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

I'm all for opening up the bank a bit, especially as most of the traffic for it seems to be one way. I'd also like to see if we can get some fleet crafting going.

BTW - if you want a lifetime subscription, now is the time to get it. There's an offer running until the 18th Dec for $100 off. The GBP price is £154 (£128.32 + VAT).
Twitter: @Trek88

Last edited by Trek; December 2 2011 at 02:26 PM.
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 02:37 PM   #355
Scout101
Admiral

Logged in last night for a little bit. Glad I got that Delta Flyer and Aegis set finished up, looks like everything crafting-related just got a bunch harder (same exact cost in other materials, but now each of them takes a bunch of non-replicatable materials. Not sure where those come from yet).

Don't know that I'm a huge fan of the way the new signage works at ESD, but in general, revamp doesn't look too bad. Had to do the full respec, and I'm sure I didn't pick things to maximize the potential there. Would be curious to see how other people spec out their characters, see what i could do differently.

Looks like there's a couple of new missions (Dominion-related) that popped up as well...

Trek, should see about coordinating that bank re-org with Timelord cleaning up the fleet assignments/ranks a bit. If we can take the 7-8 levels of rank we have now and cut it down to 5 or so like I suggested, might make it easier to logically seperate out the levels of bank permissions a bit as well. Not saying my suggestions are the pefect way to go, but think it was a bit cleaner than what we've got, and might fit the needs of our fleet size/composition a bit more.

Actually, I'm planning on being around Sunday and having some time to screw with things. I'd be willing to help out doing the Fleet re-org if it's possible to get enough permissions to make those sorts of changes. Temporary promotion to Chief Warrant Officer? Only thing I'd really need to know is the current list of members and their ranks, but assume that shows up on the fleet management screen. One of the leader-types would have to come up with the list for who they want in the Admiralty group, as well, based on most active members, specialty skills, and a couple on location as well...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 03:30 PM   #356
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

The non-replicatable materials are purchased through vendors at Memory Alpha and Qo'noS.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 03:39 PM   #357
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

Nooooo! Didn't make it time to buy an Excelsior with just Energy credits

Ah wells, now I have a spare 1/2 million credits :P

Maybe I should take up that lifetime sub, not sure I want to face any hassle with downgrading my account, and if all the 'non standard' ships are going to cost C-store points, might as well get in on that stipend.
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 05:57 PM   #358
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post

Really? Have you seen Seasons 5-7? LoL

Of course now that the Klingons are back on the station, we need that Klingon restaurant back ASAP.
Old December 2 2011, 06:52 PM   #359
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Of course now that the Klingons are back on the station, we need that Klingon restaurant back ASAP.
Plus the klingons have had a store at DS9 since launch.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2011, 07:33 PM   #360
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

Plus the klingons have had a store at DS9 since launch.
The Dancing Klingon Duo Store!