Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 2 2011, 09:53 PM   #1201
JD
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I think the actual outfit really isn't that bad, they just need to lose the sleeves. I understand they want to keep the fishnets, but there had to be a better way to work them in. I don't see why they couldn't have just put her in shorts, and then had the fishnets with them.
Old October 2 2011, 10:54 PM   #1202
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
But the general consensus (in the thread and outside it) has seemed to be (could be wrong) that multiverse = confusing.
Yeah, that would be the DC editorial staff in the mid 1980s. Their solution to that was...novel.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2011, 11:16 PM   #1203
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Is that Zatanna in the center of the cover for #2? The outfit isn't too bad, but WTF is with the sleaves, that just looks weird. Was that supposed to be their way of keeping her fishnets and putting her in pants?
I've seen plenty of sleeves like that.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2011, 11:39 PM   #1204
theenglish
Rear Admiral

At least from the covers, Zatanna's costume looks fine IMO. She looks like a psuedo goth chick on any given day of the week.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 12:11 AM   #1205
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

theenglish wrote: View Post
At least from the covers, Zatanna's costume looks fine IMO. She looks like a psuedo goth chick on any given day of the week.
What, she's chubby now?
Old October 3 2011, 12:14 AM   #1206
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Nope...she's got pants!

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 12:25 AM   #1207
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Dennis wrote: View Post
theenglish wrote: View Post
What, she's chubby now?
I said "pseudo".
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2011, 12:41 AM   #1208
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Okay, I don't get it. All the fussing about Didio making trouble with his remark about Crisis, and when I finally read it, it makes complete sense and there's nothing a reasonable person could find incendiary in it:

For those in crisis over Crisis, let me clarify. The topic of Crisis was much discussed among the editors and talent working on The New 52. With so many characters and histories restarting, major events like Crisis are harder to place when they work for some and not for others. (that was one of the problems coming out of the original Crisis). While we are starting aprx five years into our heroes' lives, we are focused on the characters present and future, and past histories will be revealed as the stories dictate. Yes, there have been "crisis" in our characters lives, but they aren't exactly the Crisis you read before, they can't be. Now, what this means for characters seen and unseen......well, that's the fun of The New 52, infinite stories, infinite possibilities, with the best yet to come.
That's pretty much the way I've understood the relaunch to work - it's the way it makes sense, and the approach looks pretty well thought out to me - those events which work for the new versions of the characters may be brought into continuity when they serve story purposes, and other things won't. It certainly seems like a more flexible approach than the theory behind COIE, so they've learned a little in 25 years.

Bleeding Cool compares the glitches with stuff in the relaunch to debugging a computer program - "These things are mindbogglingly complex, and big relaunches always have consequences that go unnoticed until you get the thing out there into the world and people start actually using it for awhile" - which, as someone who's worked as a programmer, makes a lot of sense to me too.
Old October 3 2011, 01:16 AM   #1209
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It does make sense but instead of going for a shock announcement on twitter like he did which he knew would get fans all wiled up he should have taken the time like he just did and explained the decision. Instead DiDio and others love making these types of announcements. I just find it funny all these little tid bits keep coming out.

Old October 3 2011, 01:22 AM   #1210
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Fans use "should" in all kinds of interesting ways.
Old October 3 2011, 02:20 AM   #1211
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Okay, I don't get it. All the fussing about Didio making trouble with his remark about Crisis, and when I finally read it, it makes complete sense and there's nothing a reasonable person could find incendiary in it:
One, reason is in short supply to many comic book fans. Two, people have an irrational hatred of Didio.
Old October 3 2011, 02:24 AM   #1212
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I know so few of these personalities. As a Trek fan, though, I do grasp the notion of laying every shortcoming in something I like at the feet of one or two people who are "in charge."

Don't the editors at DC and Marvel all change with some frequency, though, every few years? It must get exhausting.
Old October 3 2011, 02:28 AM   #1213
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ Not really. They shuffle the editors around on books/groupings. Marvel has seen some change in the last couple of years since Quesada was promoted and basically given the same job Geoff Johns has at DC Ent. Some editors have been editors of their book/groups for a few years now.

Old October 3 2011, 02:36 AM   #1214
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

I know so few of these personalities. As a Trek fan, though, I do grasp the notion of laying every shortcoming in something I like at the feet of one or two people who are "in charge."

Don't the editors at DC and Marvel all change with some frequency, though, every few years? It must get exhausting.
Yes thats usually when they change companies. The current EiC at DC was the guy that had the job at Marvel before Quesada. Likewise the current EiC at Marvel was a editor of Vertigo. Spider-books editor was a former DC editor. Bat books a former X-Books editor. Superbooks editor also got his start at Marvel.

Didio is an outsider. He use to do soap operas and transformers. He also got retroactively hated on by those people after they found out about his involvement in those areas.
Old October 3 2011, 02:37 AM   #1215
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Soap operas as in TV soaps?

Never mind - I'm reading about him on Wikipedia. TV soaps. So he knows another business.