Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 24 2012, 03:14 PM   #3541
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Gov Kodos wrote: View Post

The DC Boards were never helped by the actions of the moderators, which seemed cryptic, inexplicable and bizarre.
There are moderators?
What mods there were lurked themselves.
If you posted something that was too anti-DC/Warners in some manner you'd find your posts and any replies to those just gone at some point.

DC didn't run the most effective message board, like their comic-to-film division, but it had a good amount of users despite that. I'm pro-social media however FB and Twitter are not equal substitutes for a community feel you get on message boards and that is how they are treating the change, as equal swaps.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 04:02 PM   #3542
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Gov Kodos wrote: View Post

The DC Boards were never helped by the actions of the moderators, which seemed cryptic, inexplicable and bizarre.
There are moderators?
What mods there were lurked themselves.
If you posted something that was too anti-DC/Warners in some manner you'd find your posts and any replies to those just gone at some point.

DC didn't run the most effective message board, like their comic-to-film division, but it had a good amount of users despite that. I'm pro-social media however FB and Twitter are not equal substitutes for a community feel you get on message boards and that is how they are treating the change, as equal swaps.
The DC message boards have been a warzone since they announced the 52 last summer. While community is nice, what they would hope is that new people visiting the boards would find posters supportive of the changes. That is not the case there, and from a marketing standpoint it is probably better for them to discontinue the boards.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 09:22 PM   #3543
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Is anyone reading Hawk and Dove? The newest Justice League Dark refers to it, so I thought I'd pick up # 5, but it seems to be an integral part of an arc. Can I read 5 without the others? Is the arc any good if I decide to read them all, or is it enough to know that Deadman broke up with Dove - inquire no further in Liefield-land?
Old February 24 2012, 09:36 PM   #3544
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Liefeld causes me to actively avoid Hawk and Dove, well that's not the only reason, but...

Anyway, I believe that book is one of the ones DC is getting rid of later this spring/summer.
Old February 24 2012, 09:40 PM   #3545
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Derishton wrote: View Post
Is anyone reading Hawk and Dove? The newest Justice League Dark refers to it, so I thought I'd pick up # 5, but it seems to be an integral part of an arc. Can I read 5 without the others? Is the arc any good if I decide to read them all, or is it enough to know that Deadman broke up with Dove - inquire no further in Liefield-land?
i was wondering the same thing after reading the most recent Justice League Dark issue. i liked the Deadman/Dove pairing in Brightest Day but i didn't pick up Hawk and Dove due to Liefeld.
Old February 24 2012, 09:40 PM   #3546
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Liefeld causes me to actively avoid Hawk and Dove, well that's not the only reason, but...

Anyway, I believe that book is one of the ones DC is getting rid of later this spring/summer.
My thoughts exactly, and it is indeed chopped, but I like the Deadman/Dove relationship. I actually thought it would just shift over into JLD, with Dove being at least semi-connected to the team. Apparently not.
Old February 24 2012, 09:49 PM   #3547
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

JLD is going to get better.

Lemire is taking over the book soon.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 10:12 PM   #3548
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

One thing that sort-of annoyed me this week is how Superman #6's story references events that'll happen in Supergril #7.

I get wanting to connect books, fine. But connect ones in the past not ones that'll come out three weeks from now!
Old February 24 2012, 11:19 PM   #3549
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
One thing that sort-of annoyed me this week is how Superman #6's story references events that'll happen in Supergril #7.

I get wanting to connect books, fine. But connect ones in the past not ones that'll come out three weeks from now!
Supergirl #7 is in the "past". Its the continuation of what happened in Supergirl #6, so it happened before Superman #6. Thats why they said "See Supergirl #6 and 7". Its not like Supergirl stopped what she was doing in her own book, hopped over to Metropolis, helped Superman and then flew back to NYC to pick up where she left off.

They also referred to Action Comics #7 which comes out in two weeks but takes place 5 years before Superman #6!!! GASP!!!
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 11:48 PM   #3550
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I thought about getting the latest Superman when I flipped through it and saw a lot of Supergirl.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2012, 12:28 AM   #3551
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Books with fights between two heroes tend to do that.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2012, 12:31 AM   #3552
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post

I'm enjoying it, but I also like Lemire, so I expect I'll continue enjoying it.
Old February 25 2012, 03:34 AM   #3553
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Derishton wrote: View Post
Hound of UIster wrote: View Post

I'm enjoying it, but I also like Lemire, so I expect I'll continue enjoying it.
same here.
Old February 27 2012, 02:44 PM   #3554
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

All-Star Western #6 - Another fantastic issue. Our last in Gotham, as Hex and Arkham ascend out of their underground adventure they surface on the estate of Wayne Manor. We then meet Bruce's great grandparents. We leave Gotham next issue for New Orleans and I'm eager to see how the next guest stars are done. Palimotti has used a good transition as Hex is heading to New Orleans because his quarry in Gotham is believed to have fled there. This is one of the best scripted titles in the nu52.

Aquman #6 - which brings me to another of the best scripted of the nu52 with this title. Saved my favorites from this week to the last of my pile. This was one of those interlude stories that shows us what was happening back home as Arthur was in the desert last issue but it also shows how and what is needed for them to blend in the community. The Aquawoman schtick while a gag to the reader is I think meant to also show how little the public knows of Mera. They barely know Aquaman. They do know of Supergirl so by association I guess just go "Aquawoman". Now the story of Mera breaking the lewd and out of bounds grocery manager is something a bit much but if that happened a bit more there might fewer douches. The art was great and the closing panels indicate with Arthur back we are headed for answers regarding Atlantis next issue. Can't wait!
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2012, 08:45 PM   #3555
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Actually the public doesn't know who Kara is right now since she just arrived to Earth.

Jim Lee reveals Earth 2 Batman's design.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-c...ns-120227.html

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote