Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old November 7 2011, 11:27 PM   #46
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Re: SyFy demotees Blood & Chrome back to webisode series

I know it's not real news, but it's interesting because of who it's from: if you follow Michael and Denise Okuda on Facebook, they posted this over the weekend:

We were lucky enough to get an unofficial sneak-peek of "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome," the prequel/pilot that's set during the first Cylon War. If you're a fan of BSG (as we are), prepare to have your socks knocked off!
They couldn't say how they saw it, of course, but I'm wondering if SyFy is circulating it around to "names" in the fandom trying to build some buzz?
Old November 8 2011, 01:04 AM   #47
V
Commodore

Yeah I wonder what's going on; I thought that they might release it over the internet by "Fall 2011"....but there I was, and I looked up and said "wow, its November 5th, and we've heard no news on this"

I think the Okudas might just be being generically gracious for having seen it.

The word was that the SyFy exec thought there were major problems with it, so I don't know.

I just want all of this to end and for another space opera show of sorts to start up that's so popular on here that its gets its own new subforum. SyFy has so many problems these days; they just kicked Ira Steven Behr out of the writers' room.

In terms of other pilots, I saw that "Grimm" show that NBC picked *over* RDM's "Precinct 17" -- seemed decent. Didn't really inspire me, but it seemed like a good clone of "Supernatural". Not too sure about "Once Upon a Time", also seemed decent.
Old November 8 2011, 01:12 AM   #48
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

milo bloom wrote: View Post
I know it's not real news, but it's interesting because of who it's from: if you follow Michael and Denise Okuda on Facebook, they posted this over the weekend:

We were lucky enough to get an unofficial sneak-peek of "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome," the prequel/pilot that's set during the first Cylon War. If you're a fan of BSG (as we are), prepare to have your socks knocked off!
They couldn't say how they saw it, of course, but I'm wondering if SyFy is circulating it around to "names" in the fandom trying to build some buzz?

"Names" in fandom? If SyFrak gave a shit about their fans they wouldn't have started alienating them 4 years ago when they started offing all their shows.

More likely they're old colleague and friend Doug Drexler who's working on B&C got them a look at it. I highly doubt anyone at the network level is shopping it around, just folks involved with the production.
Old November 8 2011, 01:14 AM   #49
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

There's enough trading of pilot cuts behind the scenes within the industry that it is perfectly within reason that the Okudas would be able to view Blood and Chrome, even if it wasn't via legit channels.
Old November 8 2011, 01:22 AM   #50
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

In terms of other pilots, I saw that "Grimm" show that NBC picked *over* RDM's "Precinct 17" -- seemed decent.
You think? I find it cookie cutter so far, with a bland (if cute) lead, barely worth sticking with. I wonder if NBC is kicking itself, considering that the more-complex and character-driven Once Upon a Time is doing great at ABC. From what I heard, Precinct 17 was more along those lines.
Old November 8 2011, 01:26 AM   #51
stonester1
Rear Admiral

I wonder if they could go back and pick it up? At any rate, like Virtuality (which I loved), I'll pick up the Precinct 13 pilot when it comes out on disc.
Old November 8 2011, 01:36 AM   #52
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Has there been any news confirming that 17th Precinct would be released on DVD?

Last edited by doubleohfive; November 8 2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Changing "Precinct 17" to "17th Precinct." My memory is shit these days. :(
Old November 8 2011, 01:39 AM   #53
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

I doubt it will be. A produced pilot that wasn't picked up for series getting released in the home market is rather unusual.
Old November 8 2011, 01:43 AM   #54
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Well, no shit. I only ask because Virtuality did get produced and released (I got mine at Best Buy when it came out, and later bought a copy for a friend via Amazon)... so I was just curious about whether or not the same might happen with 17th Precinct.

Also, I don't know why I called it "Precinct 17" above. I must need some more caffeine...
Old November 8 2011, 01:51 AM   #55
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

No need to get snippy with the "no shit" comment. My post was in reply to yours, yes, but it was also written more generally to address stonester1's assumption that 17th Precinct would be released.
Old November 8 2011, 01:57 AM   #56
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Settle down, Beavis. Allow me to extend my apologies. I was not trying to be snippy. More like colloquial.
Old November 8 2011, 02:03 AM   #57
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

In that case, I apologize as well for misinterpreting.
Old November 8 2011, 02:11 AM   #58
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

The Colonials and Cylons could have saved themselves a ton of trouble if they'd been as civil as you and I.
Old November 8 2011, 02:28 AM   #59
Tom
Rear Admiral

milo bloom wrote: View Post

Doug Drexler is overseeing the VFX and he has been teasing me about the how great the VFX. Of course I have asked him for a sneak peek to no avail LOL. Mike and Denise are very well connected and would have no problem seeing a preview of any scifi production if they wanted to. There are so many people involved in production that have worked on other stuff that a lot of good relationships develop over time.
Old November 8 2011, 05:27 PM   #60
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Whatever they're doing, they need to start teasing us with some clips or something. If they want to this thing to go anywhere they need to rebuild the fanbase.