RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,579
Posts: 5,403,217
Members: 24,865
Currently online: 470
Newest member: shyrim

TrekToday headlines

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 16 2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Any M/T'P fans in the house?



Before you get all dismissive and stuff, consider the following.

She's a brilliant mind, well versed in not only the arts of mental discipline, but also martial arts. She's serene and reserved, but at the same time curious about emotions.

He, however, is often perceived as a rigid military type who cherishes discipline above all else, but he's also a shy, nice fellow who reportedly happens to be gay, but would be more than willing to make an exception for a woman like her. Also, he likes the fact that, no matter how old he eventually grows, she'll always remain that hot Vulcan chick with an awfully nice bum.

Some would say: "a match made in Sha Ka Ree."
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell

Last edited by Mach5; August 16 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Middleman
Captain
 
Middleman's Avatar
 
Location: New York City ... Fuhgeddaboudit!
View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

REALLY??!!!

__________________
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
Middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Middleman wrote: View Post
REALLY??!!!

What's so funny? Who do you think kept T'Pol's bed warm while Trip was on Columbia? Logic dictates that it was Malcolm, and who are you to question logic?

No, srsly, think about it, Reed is as Vulcan as Humans get.
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 07:34 PM   #4
JINXED
Admiral
 
JINXED's Avatar
 
Location: JiNX-01 Under Cdr. Tucker
View JINXED's Twitter Profile
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Reed is as Vulcan as Humans get.
Yes, he certainly was in Harbinger. I think he picked that fight so he so he get in close with Hayes.
__________________
------------
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JINXED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

JiNX-01 wrote: View Post
Mach5 wrote: View Post
Reed is as Vulcan as Humans get.
Yes, he certainly was in Harbinger.
Meh, not even NX-01's real resident Vulcan was being very vulcan in Harbinger.
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 08:58 PM   #6
Agenda
Fleet Captain
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Sure. Whateva floats yer boat. But when it comes to these two, I see more potential for raw mindless sex than love.
Agenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2011, 09:14 PM   #7
SFRabid
Commodore
 
SFRabid's Avatar
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

I'm thinking back to what Dominic Keeting said about Jolene Blalock at VegasCon a few years ago.

Paraphrasing - "In four years she never spoke more than two sentences to me that was not in the script."

Maybe she was afraid of losing control?
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 12:04 AM   #8
Admiral Shran
Admiral
 
Location: In the Before Time - the Long, Long Ago
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Beyond Antares wrote: View Post
Sure. Whateva floats yer boat. But when it comes to these two, I see more potential for raw mindless sex than love.
What's wrong with that?
__________________
Vote Obomney 2012!
"All governments suffer a recurring problem: power attracts pathological personalities. It's not that power corrupts but that it's magnetic to the corruptible." - Frank Herbert, Dune
Admiral Shran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 12:58 AM   #9
Middleman
Captain
 
Middleman's Avatar
 
Location: New York City ... Fuhgeddaboudit!
View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Who do you think kept T'Pol's bed warm while Trip was on Columbia? Logic dictates that it was Malcolm, and who are you to question logic?
I find it hard to believe that Malcolm would "skunk" his buddy while he left the ship; that would be just so wrong. The only thing that would be lower wold be trying to hook up with someone's wife or girlfriend after he dies! Clear violation of the Bro Code and just plain trashy.
__________________
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
Middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 01:05 AM   #10
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Admiral Shran wrote: View Post
Beyond Antares wrote: View Post
Sure. Whateva floats yer boat. But when it comes to these two, I see more potential for raw mindless sex than love.
What's wrong with that?
Is there any kind of sub-category to shipping that's all about raw mindless sex? Because I can easily imagine tons of R-rated fan fiction on that subject. Shipmates with benefits, man!

Middleman wrote: View Post
Clear violation of the Bro Code and just plain trashy.
Hey, it was Trip who left, seemingly for good. Chick was fair game.
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 01:16 AM   #11
Middleman
Captain
 
Middleman's Avatar
 
Location: New York City ... Fuhgeddaboudit!
View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Hey, it was Trip who left, seemingly for good. Chick was fair game.
I didn't see any attraction or chemistry between T'Pol and Malcolm. There was more of an attraction between T'Pol and Hoshi than there was between T'Pol and Malcolm. Think about it, if Trip wasn't around, who on the ship was her closest intellectual match? Hoshi.
__________________
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
Middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 01:34 AM   #12
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Middleman wrote: View Post
Think about it, if Trip wasn't around, who on the ship was her closest intellectual match? Hoshi.
No one on board comes even close to being T'Pol's intellectual match, dude. She's a Vulcan, her enlarged neocortex produces superior analytical abilities. D'uh!
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2011, 01:58 AM   #13
Middleman
Captain
 
Middleman's Avatar
 
Location: New York City ... Fuhgeddaboudit!
View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Middleman wrote: View Post
Think about it, if Trip wasn't around, who on the ship was her closest intellectual match? Hoshi.
No one on board comes even close to being T'Pol's intellectual match, dude. She's a Vulcan, her enlarged neocortex produces superior analytical abilities. D'uh!
I disagree completely. Hoshi is well suited to T'Pol. Hoshi is a prodigy with a gifted ear and a very talented tongue. What more could could you ask for in a pairing for T'Pol!
__________________
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
Middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2011, 03:29 AM   #14
star
Vice Admiral
 
star's Avatar
 
Location: Back in the land of Lurkdom
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Is there any kind of sub-category to shipping that's all about raw mindless sex? Because I can easily imagine tons of R-rated fan fiction on that subject. Shipmates with benefits, man!
I take it you have yet to read any fan fiction? R? Try lots of NC-17 PWP (that'd be "porn without plot"). As well as other fan fiction based on a solid relationship.

I don't see any chemistry between the two characters, but I've got no problem with others shipping it.
__________________
(We are an equal opportunity ENT fanservice)
star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2011, 12:43 PM   #15
SFRabid
Commodore
 
SFRabid's Avatar
 
Re: An awfully nice affair - T'Pol & Malcolm

I hated that the end of the Xindi saga and Observer Effect turned Hoshi into a mathematical whizz who could break security as an afterthought even when half out of her mind.

T'Pol and Malcom? No chemistry. None. On screen or off. They did not seem to like each other off screen and it showed on screen.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
malcolm reed, romance, t'pol

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.