Virtual *TOS* Enterprise for STV:Elite Force - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Well, I've decided to divide my time working on my "Virtual Enterprise D" and this new TOS project, which will probably eventually become a full blown single player MOD for Elite Force.

Sure, it's very similar to my older project using the Mysteries of The Sith engine, but this time it's a tad prettier. Higher resolution, 32 bit graphics, use of shaders, higher poly models, better lighting, and of course, a plethora of Toonloon's skins at my disposal (Thanks again, Toonloon!)

So while these might look similar to my older work, if I ever finish this, those of you that still have your Elite Force discs lying around will finally be able to experience whatever I release. Enjoy! I will be posting more work as it gets done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is some fine work! It's lovely to see the Season 1 Transporter Room in 3-d render, it so often gets overlooked in favour of the Season 2/3 designs.

3. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Have you ever tried to envision a 22-man emergency transporter room? How about an airlock/docking port? Any science labs or weapons stations? Or maybe the ship's brig/security area/armory?

4. Donny

I plan on adding many areas not seen on the show, including all of the ones you've listed. Some other areas I'm planning are:

Torpedo Bay
    Main cargo bay w/ cargo transporters
    Officer's Lounge (with a bar, similar to Ten Forward)
    Bowling Alley
    Swimming Pool
    And perhaps a ready room / office for Kirk (which will be a redress of Pike's cabin seen in "The Cage"

5. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Wow, looks awesome!
    Have you been to station k7? They've got some TOS mods and levels for Elite Force. Based on FJ's designs.

6. Donny

Yes, been a regular at their forums for years. I'll be using the character models available at K7 in my project.

7. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Awesome work as always! I recall your earliest efforts with MotS an was stunned with how good it was. I actually still have EF, mainly due to the fantastic efforts by the guys at K7. I knew someone would do a classic mod or two...these guys have delivered in spades and gave me the game I always wanted.

Hopefully you'll be able to complete both ships (within reason of course)...even though I've never given much thought to running around the D, the work you did on it was gorgeous as well.

Look forward to seeing any updates.

8. Donny

Chugging along...
    [​IMG]

9. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Amazing!

10. Donny

Began working on the bridge a couple days ago. All viewing screens are animated, of course.
    [​IMG]

11. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

superb!

12. Donny

Finished the bridge today. Very satisfied with how everything turned out, but still have to tweak the animations of the characters so their hands line up with their consoles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Ho lee gods.......

I am so glad i still have my EF disks!

14. Mytran

Gorgeous lookin'!

15. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty damn awesome.

Should really post in art forum more often.

I may dig out elite force and blow the dust off. I remember using tos maps on elite force years ago. Remember the Guardian of Forever would take you to the shuttle bay.

Damn i miss that.

16. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

Absolutely STUNNING! I am a huge fan of your work. You truly have some mad skills. :-)

17. Donny

Finally finished the sickbay complex and dressing the corridor of Deck 7. Here are some updated screenies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(The medical tray with the hyposprays and such are used courtesy of the guys at SpaceStationK7)

18. DanGovier

DanGovier Commander Red Shirt

This is quite simply amazing, I'm really impressed with the quality of your modeling skills.

What tools are you using to create the map file? I wanted to have a go at creating the 1701-A or Voyager deck by deck, but not sure where to start, and I'm not sure if the game's map files can support something that large?

19. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. Mytran

Brilliant recreation of the sets! There's something a little different with the sickbay however... That's it! There's an extra bed - Winston Carter, come on out... ;)