Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 7 2011, 05:35 AM   #31
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: Supernatural Season One

Mystery Spot is in my top five list for the entire series.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2011, 06:01 AM   #32
Aeolusdallas
Captain

I have always been a fan of the first season. I think the stand alone episodes are generally better than the arc episodes.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2011, 11:12 AM   #33
spooky spice
Commander

For me Supernatural started off fab and got better and better...
Old August 7 2011, 02:32 PM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

I had to keep watching for Castiel's first appearance in 4X1. He's my favorite character I definitely remembered this episode, so I guess I started to watch the series with Season Four then, but I think I still only watched the occasional episode at that point.

BTW has anyone seen this "Supernatural Anime" series? Apparently it's 22 half hour animated episodes that re-make the first two seasons of the show. Did this air in America? Is it any good? Too bad I literally just watched S1-2.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2011, 03:15 PM   #35
Dream
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
BTW has anyone seen this "Supernatural Anime" series? Apparently it's 22 half hour animated episodes that re-make the first two seasons of the show. Did this air in America? Is it any good? Too bad I literally just watched S1-2.
I thought it was alright. The series was released on dvd a few days ago and is going for pretty cheap on Amazon for those that want to check it out.

Here is a Blu-Ray review.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...-series/bluray
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2011, 08:58 PM   #36
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I had only seen bits and pieces of Supernatural and never cared for it in the past, but starting around Season Four I finally started to enjoy it, and by the time S5-6 came around I truly liked the show and looked forward to new episodes. So I've gone back and watched Season One... and it's pretty crappy...

The trademark humor that I love so much about the show is just not there. Also, Dean doesn't even get his Batman voice until towards the end of the season! And there's basically no storyline whatsoever, just a handful of "arc" episodes.
I started watching Supernatural this year. I borrowed the first season from a friend and was hooked, and bought the season 1-5 Blu ray boxset that's available in the UK. I just finished watching season 4 today and my feelings are the exact opposite of yours. I loved season one with a passion. I love the whole road trip aspect of the show. The different towns, different people, different threats each week.

As the seasons progressed the show has become less about that. Season 4 was extremely mythology heavy. More than half of the episodes was about the coming apocalypse and the involvement of the angels (and Castiel). I still love the show, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the earlier seasons.

And after hearing about the Dad so much for all those later seasons, he's pretty disappointing. I like the actor, but he's just kinda there, he doesn't really have a personality. Bobby is a much better mentor character.
Bobby actually says something similar to this in the season 4 finale. He tells Dean that his father was a coward because he ran away from Sam (and Dean) and that he is a better man than his father.

Do things get better in Season Two?
That depends. The mythology is expanded but it's still about hunting Azazel and figuring out what Azazel did to Dean and why.

When does Castiel first appear? He's my favorite character
First episode of season 4.