Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

View Poll Results: Should the Columbia NX-02 & crew get set of books devoted?
Yes! I would like to see a full set of books tell the backstory of the Columbia NX-02 & crew!! 11 61.11%
No! I have no interest in the backstory of the Columbia NX-02 & crew!! 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 27 2011, 01:31 AM   #16
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile
Re: Columbia NX-02 backstory?

BillJ wrote: View Post
The crime is that they let Micheal Martin keep writing them.
I've enjoyed some over the last five years (Children of Kings being one), but they are few and far in-between.
They might not be great, but they are better than nothing; especially in the case of Enterprise. At least they give some resolution to a prematurely canceled series.

And speaking of nothing, that's pretty much what we have now. I don't consider one movie every four years much of a franchise, whether you like Abrams Trek or not.
Old July 27 2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Python Trek
Commodore

View Python Trek's Twitter Profile

Middleman wrote: View Post
I've enjoyed some over the last five years (Children of Kings being one), but they are few and far in-between.
They might not be great, but they are better than nothing; especially in the case of Enterprise.
Better than nothing---a ringing endorsement!
Old July 28 2011, 04:23 PM   #18
Tidus79001
Lieutenant Commander

We certainly don't get anywhere near enough Enterprise books now (two years since the last one is a crime) so I would like to see more Enterprise novels first. However, Enterprise Era stories centering around Columbia would be a great addition. A series working up to the events of the Destiny series would be very interesting and give us another take on the that part of Star Fleet history.
I think that Star Trek: The Original series has been getting it worse than Enterprise. There has been a lack of books that feature the Kirk's crew together on the Enterprise. A lot of the most recently published books have been backstories about Captain Pike's crew, or some other backstory that doesn't feature Kirk's crew. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good backstory, but I don't want them to take the lion's share of published books for the series.

However, the book "Star Trek: A Choice of Catastrophes" is due on August 30, 2011 & does feature Kirk's crew together on the Enterprise. I hope this means that they intend to get back to publishing more books that focus on Kirk's crew on the Enterprise.

We certainly don't get anywhere near enough Enterprise books now (two years since the last one is a crime)...
I would have to disagree about Michael Martin writing the Enterprise books. I have found these books by him to be extremely well written. Reading these books make me realize how much we lost out on when they cancelled Enterprise & cut short by 3 years. The final 2 seasons of Enterprise were quite good in my opinion. These books really show there were so many good stories left to be told about the Enterprise NX-02 & Archer's crew.

I would have really enjoyed seeing the "Romulan War" storyline that is in the books be done as episodes during the final 3 seasons that were cut short from Enterprise.
Tidus79001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2011, 04:29 PM   #19
Kes2370
Lieutenant Junior Grade

As a fan of DS9, VOY AND now ENT, i do wish there had been books on the NX-02 and her crew, they were partly in Star Trek Destiny trilogy. Even then shame about the ship and crew - Erika Hernandez.
Kes2370 is offline   Reply With Quote