RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 501
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old August 18 2011, 05:30 PM   #76
Jetfire

Re: Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

I liked her the uniform too.

Old August 21 2011, 06:03 PM   #77
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

^^ THAT was one of the best reveals on Voyager... when the Blond ensign working on the con stood up and turned around...

YOWZA!

Can't find the reveal, but did find another fav scene from that ep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uxV...eature=related

"Trust me, now!"

Old August 21 2011, 10:15 PM   #78
simplist
Cadet

People hate Seven ?!?! Then they should not watch Star Trek. They miss the point. The EMH and Seven are a sizeable chunk of the "exploration" theme.

As for Seven, as someone pointed out in this thread, she's more logical and articulate than Tuvok. Add to that the Borg life experience and you have someone wiser than almost everyone in the entire Starfleet

Jeri Ryan, well, she is just exceptionally brilliant and talented as an actor. She's got total control of her voice, face and everything else that goes in portraying her complex character.

If she is half of what Seven is in real life, just imagine. Apart from the fact that she looks quite good in that make-up, I never bothered to look at her body and clothes because I was too busy with the plot ( watched all of Trek on youtube ).
Now, if you get to watch the same episode many times over, you might get the time for gazing at non-essentials

She and Picardo are *such* a superb acting pair. It's a shame and probably a great loss that these two dont act a lot in mainstream Hollywood movies, or else they would be worshipped worldwide. Much lesser actors get much more credit in Hollywood.

Her voice is good, no doubt, but the calm assurance she gives in her speech - its actually soothing to listen to Seven. And that when combined with straight thinking logic, makes it so good.

To put it simply, one of my cherished wishes is to have a friend like Seven (and the EMH, Odo, Data, Geordi).

She's the perfect friend.
simplist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22 2011, 02:16 AM   #79
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

One of the first things I noticed when listening to Jeri Ryan in interviews is how significantly different from 7 she really was. Ryan is bubbly, personable, and one chick I would love to hang out at a bar with on a Friday night. 7 is stoic, serious, and not the best of friends. I think that added to the talent that was Jeri Ryan in portraying her.

Yeah so she was called Barbie of Borg for so long and you had the catsuits, but if you still believe that, then I think you missed the point of the character. There were so many layers to 7 of 9 and in retrospect, bringing her on might have been the best thing to happen to the series. My only problem was it came at a character's, I liked a lot, expense when they could have easily gotten rid of either Neelix or Kim instead.
Old August 24 2011, 12:26 AM   #80
Jetfire

yeah I really don't like the Borg barbie comments people have made about her in the past. For me the character was mostly interesting because of being Borg as I am a fan of The Borg...I liked Hugh from TNG as well. Jeri also brought a lot to the character and that went a long way.
Old August 27 2011, 06:50 AM   #81
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

JERI RYAN IS COMING TO MELBOURNE ON JUNE 23RD FOR OZTREK 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2011, 06:52 AM   #82
Jetfire

June of 2012??? I have to be there!!!

I need all of your good thoughts and vibes if I am to make it.

Plus I always wanted to visit Australia.
Old August 27 2011, 06:55 AM   #83
teacake
Admiral

You MUST come!!!!! I will take you out to dinner!!!! We shall drool together!!!!!!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old August 27 2011, 06:57 AM   #84
Jetfire

I was thinking about Jeri when you mentioned your Kate Mulgrew experience...it would be a dream come true to see Jeri Ryan. :Where is the emote for going supernova?:
Old August 27 2011, 07:01 AM   #85
teacake
Admiral

I know! And she isn't on the convention circuit like a lot of them. I will not be buying a VIP ticket this time but I will be going and getting a photo, autograph etc.. I'm very very pleased. You should all come, it's winter hear so airline tickets will be cheaper!!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old August 27 2011, 07:04 AM   #86
Jetfire

OMG! It would be like a dream come true seeing and meeting Jeri. I will stop before I start sounding like a freak...I am probably too late.
Old August 27 2011, 07:41 AM   #87
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Maybe have a TBBS meet up converging on Melbourne Australia next year. I too would love to meet Jeri Ryan. Would probably be one of the most awesome moments in my life.
Old August 27 2011, 07:44 AM   #88
teacake
Admiral

simplist wrote: View Post
The EMH and Seven are a sizeable chunk of the "exploration" theme.
Simplist I loved your entire post but I think this line is worth repeating! So true, explored the boundaries of humanity and how we react to them, so many great themes.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old August 27 2011, 07:57 AM   #89
Jetfire

Ugh...I was looking at a flight from Richmond VA to Melbourne AU...via United and it is First class/round trip...22K!($22,220.60) That cannot be right? It is from the 19th-26th of June 2012.
Old August 27 2011, 08:05 AM   #90
teacake
Admiral

That's not right, it must be first class or business you are looking at. It is a crapload more from the east coast but at least June is (I assume) the low season. It's usually 1200-2200 from LA so if you can get there with your cheapest deal.. Oh you did say first class, well forget that go the cheapest!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne