CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 30 2011, 04:12 PM   #31
propita
Rear Admiral

Re: Haven Season 2: Discussion, Spoilers, Etc.

The guy's name is Brad and I don't remember a last name being given. And Audrey 1 lied to him about how/where Audrey 2 was found.

What I tried to see was this map in the file Evi stole for Duke. I paused the recording but didn't see anything the looked "important." Not that I'd necessarily know what was important.

Duke, Nathan, and Audrey talked a bit about "finding the Colorado Kid" and how they didn't remember anything. Huh? What was that about? Didn't Duke once say that the reason he never told Audrey about the picture was because he didn't remember? Is that what this was about?

As for the machine love, why not have the GF leave town, and then follow after a sufficient time?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2011, 04:20 PM   #32
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Avalon wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post
Oh, and...what the hell is going on with Duke's wife? They dismiss her with a single throw away line in episode 2, then here she is as if nothing happened. Where is this going?
Oh, hey -- I did some reading over at Television WithOut Pity's Haven forum after the episode aired, and it turns out that Duke was talking about Julia (the ME's daughter/substitute ME) going to Africa, not Evi (his wife). FWIW, I don't think we were the only ones who were confused by the comment; it was thrown out there so quickly. But yeah, initially I was sitting there scratching my head in bafflement when Evi showed up last night!
Well.

That's very different.

propita wrote: View Post
Duke, Nathan, and Audrey talked a bit about "finding the Colorado Kid" and how they didn't remember anything. Huh? What was that about? Didn't Duke once say that the reason he never told Audrey about the picture was because he didn't remember? Is that what this was about?
Yes, Duke has previously said he didn't remember anything about that day and that's why he didn't mention anything to Audrey. Maybe the point is whatever happened to Duke and Nathan that day is what happened to Audrey 2 on the island?

I'm not sure....
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2011, 08:56 PM   #33
TimmyWl
Commodore

I watched the episode two times. I think the map alone got Duke's attention because on the flip side of it (as he is looking through the file) has the symbol that is going to be on the person that will kill him.
TimmyWl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2011, 01:31 AM   #34
propita
Rear Admiral

@ Digits, Audrey 2 appears to have total amnesia and Nathan and Duke can't remember only that day. Though it could be temporary, I suppose, as she seems to remember Brad.

In that snippet of a scene, did Audrey 2 remember anything from before Audrey 1 went to Haven, or just since? That seems to be a split, in that Audrey 2 met Brad after Audrey 1 went to Haven. Or am I misunderstanding?
Old July 31 2011, 04:26 AM   #35

@ Digits, Audrey 2 appears to have total amnesia and Nathan and Duke can't remember only that day. Though it could be temporary, I suppose, as she seems to remember Brad.

In that snippet of a scene, did Audrey 2 remember anything from before Audrey 1 went to Haven, or just since? That seems to be a split, in that Audrey 2 met Brad after Audrey 1 went to Haven. Or am I misunderstanding?
I may be misunderstanding your question, but I think they both have the exact same memories up until Audrey 1 showed up in Haven.

On the boat, Audrey 2 told Duke she met Brad after Audrey 1 came to Haven.

So yes there is a split at that point. At least that is how it seems to me.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old July 31 2011, 09:31 AM   #36
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I'm thinking that may be an indication that Audrey 2 is the doppelganger. As propita said, Nathan and Duke forgot only one day, but Audrey 2 forgot everything-- except Brad, who she met after the split.

I loved Duke searching through the woods calling for "Audrey 2."

I wonder if every episode will have some kind of homage to King. Last week it was IT. This week it was Trucks.
Old July 31 2011, 05:40 PM   #37

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I'm thinking that may be an indication that Audrey 2 is the doppelganger. As propita said, Nathan and Duke forgot only one day, but Audrey 2 forgot everything-- except Brad, who she met after the split.

I loved Duke searching through the woods calling for "Audrey 2."
But if Audrey 2 is the doppleganger, what is the point? She drops in, looks around for a while, gets amnesia and leaves.

I'm going to stick to the Audrey 1 is Lucy theory.

For now.

BTW: Without any spoilers....has anyone ever read the short story this is based on? Is it close to what we're seeing?
Old July 31 2011, 06:14 PM   #38
Aragorn
Admiral

Other than the two reporters (although one name is changed and they're now brothers, and the name they kept is substantially younger on the TV show) and the Gray Gull, Haven has nothing to do with the short story. The mystery in the short story is about how a guy seen alive in Colorado can be found dead on the coast of Maine five hours later. No troubles, no FBI, no Audrey, no Duke, no Nathan, no Haven, no nothing.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 31 2011, 07:36 PM   #39

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Other than the two reporters (although one name is changed and they're now brothers, and the name they kept is substantially younger on the TV show) and the Gray Gull, Haven has nothing to do with the short story. The mystery in the short story is about how a guy seen alive in Colorado can be found dead on the coast of Maine five hours later. No troubles, no FBI, no Audrey, no Duke, no Nathan, no Haven, no nothing.
Huh.

Sounds like it is not even "loosely based" on the story...

Old July 31 2011, 07:45 PM   #40
propita
Rear Admiral

I did like, was it Duke's line: "the blonde one's nicer."
Old July 31 2011, 09:40 PM   #41
RJDementia13

1001001 wrote: View Post
But if Audrey 2 is the doppleganger, what is the point? She drops in, looks around for a while, gets amnesia and leaves.
Well, that doesn't mean we've seen the last of her. Actually, I'm wondering if more Audreys will show up.

As for the story, I haven't read it, but I did research it. I'm wondering if the twin brothers are supposed to be the sons of the guy in the book. Stephen King did participate in the development of the show, so I'm figuring there should be a connection.
Old July 31 2011, 09:41 PM   #42
RJDementia13

I did like, was it Duke's line: "the blonde one's nicer."
Yeah, that was Duke. There were a few good lines in this one. "Our suspect is a boat." "Let's see if it's her first offense."
Old August 1 2011, 04:44 PM   #43
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

so does anybody have any idea what made audrey 2 lose her memory? and what was in the barn? get show I am so hoping that this will last longer the dead zone.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1 2011, 08:55 PM   #44

timothy wrote: View Post
so does anybody have any idea what made audrey 2 lose her memory? and what was in the barn?
I think they're both the same question. Whatever she discovered in the barn is what lead to her amnesia.

And what's in the barn? We don't know.

Where is the barn now? We don't know that either.

Stay tuned.
Old August 5 2011, 09:13 PM   #45

Episode 2:4 airs tonight: Sparks and Recreation.

"When a deadly series of electrocutions occur, Audrey and Nathan investigate the cause."

Guest starring some wrestler guy, and Jason Priestly, of My Name is Earl fame...