TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old July 8 2014, 06:43 PM   #4951
Mama Claus
Captain

Re: Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

TNG: Gambit
Old July 8 2014, 09:52 PM   #4952
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

VOY: The Void

DS9: Once More Unto the Breach

Last edited by Ho Ho Homeier; July 9 2014 at 12:54 PM.
Ho Ho Homeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2014, 01:53 PM   #4953
Bumbles861
Admiral

"The Deadly Years" - TOS Remastered
Bumbles861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2014, 02:34 PM   #4954
Ro_Laren
Commodore

TNG - Skin of Evil
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2014, 05:33 PM   #4955
TheAdmiralty
Lieutenant

"The Alternative Factor"- TOS. Going through the whole first season in order.
TheAdmiralty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2014, 07:56 PM   #4956
JesterFace
Lieutenant

In a way this shouldn't even be mentioned because it was so horrible I couldn't watch it all the way to the end... except with the help of FF button. Hollow Pursuits, EEEEEEEEEWWW
JesterFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2014, 01:20 AM   #4957
Merry Stripmas
Fleet Captain

View Merry Stripmas's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Merry Stripmas Send a message via AIM to Merry Stripmas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Merry Stripmas Send a message via Yahoo to Merry Stripmas

Timescape (TNG Blu-ray)
Old July 10 2014, 01:01 PM   #4958
Bumbles861
Admiral

"Obsession" - TOS Remastered
Old July 11 2014, 01:49 AM   #4959
Merry Stripmas
Fleet Captain

View Merry Stripmas's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Merry Stripmas Send a message via AIM to Merry Stripmas Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Merry Stripmas Send a message via Yahoo to Merry Stripmas

Schisms (TNG Blu-ray)
Old July 11 2014, 05:00 AM   #4960
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

TNG: Gambit
Old July 11 2014, 08:28 AM   #4961
Cookies and Cake
Admiral

DVRed MeTV edition of "Whom Gods Destroy". This is an episode that I always thought was clunky, but which is growing on me, mainly because of Steve Ihnat.
Old July 11 2014, 01:16 PM   #4962
Bumbles861
Admiral

"Wolf in the Fold" - TOS Remastered
Old July 11 2014, 02:45 PM   #4963
Merry Stripmas
Fleet Captain

Arena (TOS Blu-ray)
Old July 11 2014, 05:26 PM   #4964
Mama Claus
Captain

TNG:
Phantasms
Dark Page
Old July 12 2014, 12:13 AM   #4965
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

I'm getting through my little list of episodes I want to watch over the next couple of days, and I may have to weed through some ENT episodes because I want to see some Andorians - an alien race I'm a big fan of. (The fact that I've seen some sexy art on Deviantart is kinda adding to the reason....haha)

ENT
*Bound

Anecdote: When I was watching DS9 during its initial run, I couldn't help but wonder why I thought Ziyal was so attractive, so cute......only to wonder to myself why she became so bland, and not as attractive as I initially felt. (I would find out later that there were a few actresses. The initial actress, Cyia Batten, would portray Ziyal....but some people who were thinking too much thought her Ziyal was too young for Garak, so they changed actresses).

*shaking my fist*

Anywho as for the episode: It was a step down from "Demons/Terra Prime." It wasn't a solid script; many plot holes. However, it did satisfy me because I wanted to see some Orions....and the aforementioned Cyia Batten as Nevaar didn't disappoint. (The other girls were pretty interesting too, but Batten has that cute/sexy look about her).

This was actually my second time seeing the episode, and when I initially saw it I thought it would have been a clever touch if they added 'that song' when the girls were dancing. (You know...'that dancing theme' from TOS from 'The Menagerie' and 'The Cage' and 'The Wolf in the Fold').

What is also ironic is while I though Anthony Montgomery's Travis in 'Demons/Terra Prime' could have gone bigger – in what was a better set of episodes - he definitely goes 'big' here in more ways than one, since his major moment in 'Bound' has his character so horny and trying to suppress said horniness by weight-lifting, he seems like he's going to explode in more ways than one in the ship's gym. (You'd think he just go into his room, and have a little 'quiet time' with some gel, but whatever).

And, there is a question about the female officers on the Enterprise. I mean, shouldn't they have came together to get the Orion women in the brig, under careful watch? (Even the TAS episode 'The Lorelei Signal' had Uhura and the other females on board step up and take charge. (Come on T'Pol and Hoshi!)

On another note, the Orion male - Haben-Sur? Haraad-Sur? Haagen-Daz? - he was pretty cool. Very 'TOS' in his villainy. Although, I would have liked more explanation or expansion on how the women were the masters and the men were the slaves. (According to this episode, it is assumed the women are actually the ones telling the men how to trade Orion 'slave' girls).

Big question mark of confusion.

Now, would I come back to this episode? Maybe. If I wanted to see Cyia Batten again.

TNG

*Lower Decks
So, if I watched 'Bound' to see Cyia Batten....I watched 'Lower Decks' to see the very cute and petite Bajoran, Ensign Sito Jaxa - last seen in 'First Duty' with a slightly different Bajoran nose.

It was a passable episode, and I did get a little emotional that Sito was 'lost.'

Two characters that kinda bugged me were 'Sam,' the Ensign training for tactical and 'Ben,' the civilian waiter.

Sam was whiny and cliched. (How many times have we've heard, either in movies or television, the young officer think aloud, "He" - and it's usually a 'he' in relation to his stern superior - "has it in for me?")

Ben smiled a little too much and was too eager to please - ironically, how 'Sam' was described by Riker in the episode. However, for me, Sam is a bit different. I'm glad that LeVar Burton's LaForge was there to balance things out. The Chief Engineer was a bit more stern and tough - in a good way - since he was also managing an Ensign up for promotion.

And, lastly, Ensign Ogawa was pretty cute as well.

Overall, a good episode. Not strong, but...good. (And, sad.)

RIP Jaxa...

(Of course, she could have been MIA maybe fighting with the Maquis....or doing something where she is in the world of the 'living').

*Yesterday's Enterprise

Yes, I saw this one because I wanted to see a Yar episode. And, this episode is falls under 'good, but not great.' One reason is Castillo and Yar seem to move a bit too fast with their relationship...their 'kiss.' (They've only known one another for, like, a few hours!)

We are also not given much information about Guinan and her transcending time and space. It's almost as vague as....The Nexus in "Star Trek: Generations," which also involved Guinan.

Hmm...

It's good for the action – some visceral for TNG – and seeing ENT- C with Rachel Garrett.

(Another Anecdote: When I first saw this, there was actually guy named 'Richard' in my high school P.E. class at the time. And, he looked pretty much like a 'younger' Christopher McDonald...haha).