A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old July 17 2011, 09:27 AM   #31
Paradon
Rear Admiral

Re: Last Star Trek Episode You Watched

Saxman1 wrote: View Post
"The Emissary" - the TNG ep, not the DS9 pilot. Despite the incredible hotness of Suzi Plakson as K'hlar, if I wasn't working out at the time, I'd have nodded off. It came off as boring soap opera that didn't make a ton of sense.
I always find great warrior cultures or cultures that knows how to fight when they have to fascinated. To fight well you don't just learn how to weal a sword and some weapons, but you also have to be able to understand how human thinks and react in time where you life might be jeopardized. If You teach someone how to fight but didn't train them how to handle the stress when the enemies are coming at them trying to hack or cut off your head, most people would freeze up and piss and crap in their paints or run and piss and crap in their paints at the same time at the first sign of troubles.

A lot of the fighting forces that ancient Thai people selected were comprises of people who don't feel frighten at the sign of danger and get sick at the first sight of dead or dying people where there are a lot of blood and guts and the smell of rotten corpses. They can think clearly in very stressful situation when they were under attacked. Usually, these people would take up job as the high ranking commanders who would always get into hand to hand combats with the enemies and give orders to the troops during combats, or some of the smarter ones would offer their services as espionage and assassins to the aristocrats and the royal family. A lot of these people are marked by high intelligence. They are not dumb like most people think. And they were often in charge of training the Thai armies and peasants who were drafted to fight. They would often manipulate people mentally and psychologically and train them how to be strong and how to handle stressful situation...kindda like how the U.S. marines train their men today to prepare them psychologically. Often time they would gave reasons why they need to kill the enemies and portray them as killers and that they would be fighting for a great cause. These people are the kind of people the Roman also chose as centuarians to lead their troops and these people made up a pretty decent part of their armies. The Burmese couldn't figure out how Thai people were able to fight so well and in a lot of cases they were pretty scared. A lot of their commanders were executed because they fail to destroy a much smaller Thai forces and some of their commanders litterally were scared shitless. It pissed the Burmese off that they were a warrior race and they couldn't defeat a bunch of peaceful people. Some of these people and volunteers also led a lot of suicide missions to slow the advancing Burmese forces and to psychologically intimate them. Most of the time it worked. The Roman armies also had the same reputation for being stubborn and pig headed and none of their enemies know what they were up against.

Last edited by Paradon; July 17 2011 at 10:09 AM.
Paradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2011, 11:26 PM   #32
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny

I rewatched TNG's Relics and to be honest, although I like the episode, it comes across badly now. La Forge is out of character and Picard seems to be at a loss for words for most of the episode, which boils down to "if it ain't old, don't throw it away."

I'm hoping a rewatch of some DS9 episodes fare better.

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2011, 11:31 PM   #33
M
Vice Admiral

So, is this about the Trek episode you've last seen for the first time or just any episode you've watched lately?

Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2011, 11:32 PM   #34
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Journey to Babel

Yesterday evening.
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2011, 07:49 AM   #35
Yevetha
Commodore

For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Yevetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 02:53 AM   #36
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

These are the voyages.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 02:58 AM   #37
Jetfire

VOY S5 EP 02 "Drone"
Old July 23 2011, 04:15 AM   #38
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Just watched "Starship Down" again.
Old July 23 2011, 08:26 PM   #39
Yevetha
Commodore

this side of paradise.
Yevetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 09:01 PM   #40
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

I assume you mean the most recent episode I watched:

ENT: Zero Hour
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2011, 09:31 PM   #41
HarryM
Fleet Captain

Ent: Home. Love Joanna Cassidy as T'Les, such wonderfully expressive eyes.
HarryM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2011, 11:02 PM   #42
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Voyager: Basics, I & II.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25 2011, 11:56 PM   #43
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Court Martial--TOS.
Old July 26 2011, 09:54 AM   #44
Paradon
Rear Admiral

Watching ST made me realize that...machines aren't really evil. It's the people who use them... When they fall into the wrong hands, they can cause quite a pain. Janeway certainly proved that every week. [chuckle]
Old July 26 2011, 06:48 PM   #45
MagGu
Lieutenant

Last night I watched TNG - Data's Day. I never realized what a psycho Keiko was! Sheesh!