Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 28 2010, 03:10 AM   #1
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

'Transformers 3' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release

Transformers 2011's new movie...
(which may or may not be in 3D; Bay said that testing is currently taking place to see how it'd look)

"It's a process we're testing with some 'Transformers' scenes," he said. "How successful it is with my movie in terms of a lot of real stuff coming out of the frame, real dirt, real complicated little particles coming towards the lens, because hopefully that process will work. I've seen some tests that look great on other movies. I just want to see how it looks on my footage."
source
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 03:12 AM   #2
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: 'Transformers 3' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release

That site gives me a malware warning.
Old February 28 2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

Not me.
Old February 28 2010, 03:31 AM   #4
nx1701g
Admiral

^ MTV's website does that to me too. I think that it mainly depends on the advert that loads.
Old February 28 2010, 06:30 AM   #5
TemporalFlux
Commodore

I think it's a shame that this 3D craze is changing the ways movies are shot. Instead of focusing on a story, the director is focusing on how much crap can be thrown at the camera in order to make you flinch.

Of course, Transformers is a poor choice for this criticism; it's not like it would have been worthy of much acclaim even in 2D.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 06:32 AM   #6
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

As much of a fad as I think 3D is, I admit I'm intrigued by this.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 07:43 AM   #7
DonnyBaker
Lieutenant

Why do people think 3-d is a fad? Its the future of TV and Movies. All the people that cry that they dont want their favorite new movies shot in 3-d can still watch them in boring 2-d...
DonnyBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 07:56 AM   #8
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

DonnyBaker wrote: View Post
Why do people think 3-d is a fad? Its the future of TV and Movies.
We'll see.

3D's been around for decades now. It was a fad then, and I don't see that changing to any great degree. What makes this so different?

All the people that cry that they dont want their favorite new movies shot in 3-d can still watch them in boring 2-d...
I can do without the silly glasses and the reddish/blue tint, thank you very much.

Besides, I don't exactly have ten grand to blow on a new 3D TV and Blu-Ray player anyway right now. So the whole thing is moot, for me at least.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 08:42 AM   #9
RoJoHen
Awesome

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I can do without the silly glasses and the reddish/blue tint, thank you very much.
If it's 3-d like Avatar, then that shouldn't really be a problem.
Old February 28 2010, 10:19 AM   #10
Jetfire

Whatever...these movies sucked...unless Transformers 3 is a reboot and like the G1 cartoon with a different cast...it is gonna suck.
Old February 28 2010, 10:21 AM   #11
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

There's no red/blue tint. 3D has come a long way. I actually haven't seen Avatar, but I took my kids to see "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." The 3D was great, the glasses are clear so there's no tint, just normal colors.

3D doesn't have to be only be a gimmick, any more than color film is a gimmick. I'm sure there were people decades ago complaining that color film wasn't about the story, it was just about the then-novelty of showing as many pretty colors as possible.

3D could add another dimension to a story, especially SF and fantasy stories, pulling you into a fictional world in a way that wasn't ever possible before. Sure, it's going to be a big gimmick in movies like "Transformers," but there could be other uses. I don't know if live action and 3D are going to be a good match in the end, but CGI animated films go well with 3D tech.
Old February 28 2010, 10:33 AM   #12
Jetfire

I don't mind Megan Fox..Shia LaBeouf sucks, The Transformers aren't really given character unless it is some racial stereo type...Michael Bay doesn't understand what this(Transformers) is about and ROTF is a glorified music video for Green Day & Linkin Park.

Transformers 3 in 3D will suck.
Old February 28 2010, 10:33 AM   #13
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

eh i kind of think 3D is gimmicky and overrated.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I don't think the problem is with 3D it's self as opposed to the way Hollywood LOVES to retread things once they see an audience enjoys it or is willing to pay to see it. Once "Avatar" was successful you began to read a whole slew of upcoming films and studios saying oh let's do this project in 3D now and this is what is known as a fad. Something that becomes popular or that is perceived to be popular for a few months and then dies down again to be replaced by something else newer and kewler!

As for Transformers 3 it's self...I am not so sure how much of an interest level I have with it after the FARCE that was Transformers 2. I loved the first Transformers but the sequel was just ugh. If anyone has had a chance to read the original Transformers 2 treatment (it's available online or just PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy) that was a better film than the one we actually got. Especially the beginning where Starscream declares himself King of Cybertron! Homage to TF The Movie.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 11:47 AM   #15
Jetfire

^
I think the problem with the MB Transformers films is lack of character with the actual Transformers.

I thought 2 was worse than 1 as far as story, but 2 looked better...which was to be expected.