Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 19 2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Bernard Guignard
Captain

USS Malverne Fredrikstad Class Shuttlecarrier project

Here are the larger drawings that I said I would post for the comission work that I did for the Starfleet Chapter Uss Malverne. Based on Aridas Sofia's Ariel Shuttle Carrier Design
enjoy. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

First 3 view drawing:

Elevation View

Dorsal View

Bow View

Aft View

Ventral View

Cross-Section View

Aft Saucer to seconday hull connection

Bow interconnecting dorsal close up

elevation inerconnecting dorsal close up

Dorsal interconnecting dorsal close up

Ventral interconncting dorsal close up

These pictures are black and white annotated from the Malverne set of blueprint. showing some areas

Dorsal view

Elevation View

Ventral View

Cross-Section view

Secondary hull Cross-section close up

Bridge Plan

Bridge Cross-section
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652
Bernard Guignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Retroneon
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: USS Malverne Fredrikstad Class Shuttlecarrier project

I like that you put the sick bay near the arboretum and gym. All of these things are good for health!

It seems like the turbolift doors were always positioned near the back, so that the camera could establish a shot of the entire crew. But surely good shots can be had with the doors right at the side, like you have it. If I was a captain, I'd like to be able to see at a glance, who's coming in and going off the bridge.
Old June 19 2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Bernard Guignard
Captain

Retroneon wrote: View Post
I like that you put the sick bay near the arboretum and gym. All of these things are good for health!

It seems like the turbolift doors were always positioned near the back, so that the camera could establish a shot of the entire crew. But surely good shots can be had with the doors right at the side, like you have it. If I was a captain, I'd like to be able to see at a glance, who's coming in and going off the bridge.
Well the bridge layout was drawn when I had very few reference's just some pictures from star trek 5 I think and to me it looked like the Turbolifts were put pretty close to 90 degrees from the centerline so I went with it.
Old June 19 2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Retroneon
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think the doors were in that position for one movie.
Old June 19 2011, 05:58 PM   #5
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Bernard Guignard wrote: View Post
Retroneon wrote: View Post

Well the bridge layout was drawn when I had very few reference's just some pictures from star trek 5 I think and to me it looked like the Turbolifts were put pretty close to 90 degrees from the centerline so I went with it.
Dude, I dig this. My only real critique involves the nacelle pylons. They (in my opinion) should be a wee bit thicker.

As for Retroneon's comment, it's not the captain's concern (in the sense basic sense of who should be there) who comes and goes on the bridge- as no one should be there who isn't supposed to be. That's what the staff is for. The captain has to have confidence that his bridge staff will monitor the minor stuff like that.

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2011, 12:04 AM   #6
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

A cool looking design. Did you consider making it a thru-deck design?

The front of the secondary hull could use a little something.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2011, 08:47 AM   #7
MLJames
Lieutenant Commander

I like the bridge layout. You addressed my biggest beef with the bridge layouts in TFF and TUC, in that there's no way the turbolifts could fit inside the module's exterior shell as seen on the model.
Old June 20 2011, 03:43 PM   #8
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ The problem actually got worse between ST5 and 6 - due largely to the fact that they needed a cheap way to re-use the bridge for Excelsior, which had that extra alcove to the rear behind the captain's chair, necessitating the turbo doors to be moved farther apart on the set.

Star Trek 5 Enterprise Bridge
Star Trek 6 Enterprise Bridge
Star Trek 6 Excelsior Bridge

They continued the tradition on the Enterprise-B Bridge in Generations

Nice pics, BTW, Bernard. Would you be able to post larger versions of your line drawings?
Old June 20 2011, 03:56 PM   #9
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

great art of this vessel
Old June 22 2011, 05:29 AM   #10
Patrin-Zero
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Politely curious if there is a dedicated 'traffic' control center for shuttle operations and where such might be located, nice take on an often overlooked fleet support vessel.
Patrin-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2011, 03:24 PM   #11
Bernard Guignard
Captain

Patrin-Zero wrote: View Post
Politely curious if there is a dedicated 'traffic' control center for shuttle operations and where such might be located, nice take on an often overlooked fleet support vessel.
Thank you Back when Tony Rowley and I were in discussions concerning the bridge blueprint we envisioned that most shuttle ops would be directed from the Mission ops Station I think its #6 on the bridge deck plan. All computer panels can be reformated to whatever mission parameters they would need. That being said I never got around to doing deck plans to the whole ship so I did to a deck plan showing a typical Hangarlayout. If I were to do say deck plans of the ship I would add a dedicated control center in the secondary hull near the shuttle bays and on the opposite mirror side would be the pilot mission briefing room.
area
Old June 26 2011, 10:22 PM   #12
publiusr
Commodore

It is beyond lovely. Here is something I mentioned earlier. Could you give that saucer the Endeavour treatment-make it a bit thicker? Imagine that attached to Jackills Carver class at Fed ref. (but flipped upside down for a secondary hull) Add Aridas ACE nacelles. Here you would have what amounts to a TMP era Galaxy class.

I like the Last Generation comic series, where at the end, you see with a time travel arc, that Picard and now Kirk are contemporaries. Such a TMP ear look at Ent-D might be a good next project. Chris (Mojoemoe's) nice Ent-F art might be what the 1701-A could have looked like if data from an alternate timeline had made it back to the ST IV era.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2011, 12:37 AM   #13
Bernard Guignard
Captain

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
^^^ The problem actually got worse between ST5 and 6 - due largely to the fact that they needed a cheap way to re-use the bridge for Excelsior, which had that extra alcove to the rear behind the captain's chair, necessitating the turbo doors to be moved farther apart on the set.

Nice pics, BTW, Bernard. Would you be able to post larger versions of your line drawings?
Sorry I missed your request. Let me see what I can do with
Autocad Trueview. Alot of what I've put up here are straight bit map conversions from Autocad and My version of autocad Lite is very old not up to todays high rez soft ware I'll try this out on perhaps this weekend.
Old June 28 2011, 12:46 AM   #14
Bernard Guignard
Captain

publiusr wrote: View Post
It is beyond lovely. Here is something I mentioned earlier. Could you give that saucer the Endeavour treatment-make it a bit thicker? Imagine that attached to Jackills Carver class at Fed ref. (but flipped upside down for a secondary hull) Add Aridas ACE nacelles. Here you would have what amounts to a TMP era Galaxy class.

I like the Last Generation comic series, where at the end, you see with a time travel arc, that Picard and now Kirk are contemporaries. Such a TMP ear look at Ent-D might be a good next project. Chris (Mojoemoe's) nice Ent-F art might be what the 1701-A could have looked like if data from an alternate timeline had made it back to the ST IV era.
Hi Publisar thank you very much. I'll keep this in mind when I get Aridas's Kirov class finished but I also have a few more projects in the works that I'd like to get back to also so much starship work so little time one of them being
the Swiftsure class Strike Carrier
Old June 28 2011, 03:14 AM   #15
Birdog
Commander

Bernard Guignard wrote: View Post
137th Gebirg wrote: View Post

Sorry I missed your request. Let me see what I can do with
Autocad Trueview. Alot of what I've put up here are straight bit map conversions from Autocad and My version of autocad Lite is very old not up to todays high rez soft ware I'll try this out on perhaps this weekend.
I've got a full version of 2004 and can output a raster image as big as you want. If you send me your files I could do that for you.
Birdog is offline   Reply With Quote