Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 16 2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

UGH! Kristen stewart offered "Akira"

Here is the link...

I've not watched a single one of her films and I'm really sick of her just the same. can't they cast any other female for roles these days?
Old November 16 2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Forbin
Admiral

Re: UGH! Kristen stewart offered "Akira"

Well, there's a good chance she'll be crushed to death by an expanding Tetsuo, so there's that.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

I've got nothing against her. Poor woman has to star in Twilight to pay the pills? That should inspire sympathy, not contempt.

It helps that I don't care about Akira: Bunch of Fucking White People Edition anyway. Then again, I didn't care about Akira in the first place.

P.S.: If anyone should come out the Twilight movies a star, it's Ashley Greene. She's about the only one who comes off remotely paltable--not just because she's dreamy, though she certainly is, but because she's permitted to show an acting range beyond "constipation" and "dull surprise."
P.P.S.: Speaking of dreamy, I hope if they ever made a Legion movie, they'd cast her as Dream Girl. Can you be typecast as a precog?

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 03:14 PM   #4
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Forbin wrote: View Post
Well, there's a good chance she'll be crushed to death by an expanding Tetsuo, so there's that.
That's a gutsy role.

So taking IMDB as reliable, and Garrett Hedlund is playing Kaneda, is Keira Knightley cast as Kaneda's would-be squeeze, Kei?
Old November 16 2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

She's a good actor, so there should be no problem at all.

Being "sick of her" despite never having seen her act may be a problem but there's no reason in the world that it should be hers.

What's Akira?
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 03:36 PM   #6
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Here is the link...

I've not watched a single one of her films and I'm really sick of her just the same. can't they cast any other female for roles these days?
Can't she be cast as the lead in a snuff film instead?
Old November 16 2011, 03:46 PM   #7
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Here is the link...

I know what you mean - her casting as Margaret Thatcher was completely out of the blue.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 04:57 PM   #8
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

What exactly has she been in other than Twilight? Is she really the go to actress for genre roles or something??????
Old November 16 2011, 05:05 PM   #9
Base_Delta_Zero
Commodore

So, she's playing the post-expansion Tetsuo at the climax, right?

I can see that.
Base_Delta_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 05:23 PM   #10
Occupy TNZ
I Can't Afford A Lobbyist

Here is the link...

She's been in like 3 movies that I can think of, the Twilights, that far from mainstream Joan Jett one and that new Snow White that isn't even out yet. And you admit you know nothing about her movies, yet are sick of her all the same?

So basically, what in the fuck are you talking about?

Is this your attempt to look cool and trendy by bashing something from Twilight?
Old November 16 2011, 05:23 PM   #11
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
What exactly has she been in other than Twilight? Is she really the go to actress for genre roles or something??????
She was really good in Zathura. She was decent in other roles before Twilight. Then, something in her snapped. I think she watched BSG and thought she could copy Adama's all-purpose "look" but got it wrong, and has been doing it ever since.

She no longer has any range, and whatever talent she had is simply ... gone. Quite sad, really. She'd had a promising future ahead of her. Ah well, she can console herself with her millions of bucks.
Old November 16 2011, 05:32 PM   #12
I Am The Walrus
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I Am The Walrus Send a message via Yahoo to I Am The Walrus

i have no love for Twilight. that being said, i have no problem with Kristen Stewart. i thought she was really good in The Runaways and the small part she played in Into The Wild was nice too.
I Am The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 05:37 PM   #13
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Kristen Stewart is a good actress. You can't blame that Twilight. She's just in it for the money, and I don't blame her. Everything else she's been in, she had been fun to watch. I assume you're the tired of Kristen Stewart being in the tabloids all the time. That will die down when all the sparkly vampire movies are over.
Old November 16 2011, 05:39 PM   #14
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
She no longer has any range, and whatever talent she had is simply ... gone. Quite sad, really.
Plainly you've never seen The Yellow Handkerchief, in which she holds her own against acting lightweights like, oh, William Hurt.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm just fascinated by the amount of vitriol Twilight inspires. I mean, most vampire movies/ books are trash and many have been wildly popular before this one. What is it about Twilight that gets people foaming at the mouth?
Old November 16 2011, 05:43 PM   #15
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

She had a small role in Jumper. When I saw the movie, I got the impression that she had more scenes that were cut.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote