Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 25 2013, 03:29 AM   #136
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comment

Loved last night's ep, although I missed Angela. I suppose given al the time devoted to the Rizzoli-Isles dynamic and the triangle of terror that is Paddy-Hope-Maura, there would not have been enough time to shoehorn Angela into a hurt/comfort scene with Cavanaugh.
Old July 31 2013, 05:15 AM   #137
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Good show tonight, although I think its time Detectives Frost and younger Rizzoli get taken to the woodshed for their objectification of the female rookie.
Old August 3 2013, 06:08 AM   #138
CaptMurdock
Commodore

View CaptMurdock's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to CaptMurdock Send a message via Yahoo to CaptMurdock

I'm liking this season so far, overall... but:
  1. The Maura-in-jail got wrapped up a little too fast for my liking. I guess with only 15 episodes per season a two-parter was out of the question.
  2. Having Angela give that video to Cavanaugh -- what, no blowback from that? Yeah, Jane was upset about it but Maura blows it off? Ennnnhhh.
  3. So, is this the end of LIttle Rico, ahem, Patty? Is he going to break out of jail just before his execution? Is the Irish Mob going to go after Hope, or Maura, in retribution? Could be a killer (heh) season finale…
  4. And BTW, where the hell were the Feds supposedly shadowing Maura when she getting the Devil's Dust blown in her face?
  5. More Rizzles! Yes, the hug with Jane and Maura and the kiss on the head was great, but come on! Where's the eye sex? The semi-inappropriate touching? I need my Vicarious Smoochies, dammit!
Old August 4 2013, 03:01 AM   #139
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Oh Captain... for vicarious smooches, we have to refer you to that Netflix phenomenon called "Orange is the New Black".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpDdTl1dTEk

Their names are Piper & Alex.

Old August 6 2013, 11:00 PM   #140
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

New show on again tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmO2APml0ds

Old August 7 2013, 01:01 PM   #141
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I can handle that as soon as Casey goes out of town, Jane is all excited about him since she doesn't have to feel "smothered domestically".

But as soon as Rafael sees the mysterious Casey on the laptop screen THEN he starts talking to her like a human and not just a cop he can steal a car from to supply his unit???

I hope to god that Jane sticks to her guns and refuses to visit that old relationship. Let Maura have him, I don't care, but no more bouncing back with old lovers just to piss off Casey.

Thank god Agent Gabriel Dean's actor is busy on "Revolution".
Old August 9 2013, 08:59 PM   #142
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Now I know why Jane Rizzoli sprained her ankle and sat out most of this ep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsd9X3El_Yw

Poor Angie.

Old August 15 2013, 07:33 PM   #143
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

TNT Renews Rizzoli & Isles for 5th season
Old August 15 2013, 08:39 PM   #144
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Heh, I was actually impressed that the case this week was interesting, unobvious, and didn't have a connection to one of the main characters, then I saw the previews for next week.
Old August 19 2013, 07:36 PM   #145
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Some sad news:

Lee Thompson Young Dies at 29

TMZreports. Authorities believe the cause of death is suicide.

Young's body was found by his landlord with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to TMZ.

The actor was currently starring as Barry Frost on Rizzoli & Isles. Members of the show's staff became concerned when Young didn't show up for work Mondaymorning, and called his landlord to check up on him, TMZ reports.

Last edited by Enterprise is Great; August 19 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2013, 07:58 PM   #146
sojourner
Vice Admiral

WTF? That's sad.
Old August 19 2013, 09:39 PM   #147
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I just read about it.

So young.

Here's hoping his family & friends can find some peace despite this.
Old September 11 2013, 03:53 AM   #148
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Well... if that was supposed to be a cliffhanger, to leave me on pins and needles until the show returns next winter, then R&I has a thing or two to learn from OitNB.

Overall, the show was ok... but it seemed strange to throw so many different elements into it just before hiatus. Casey interacting with everybody and everything.. with Angela, with Paddy Senior, with the crime of the week, rather than letting us see him interact more with Jane. When they did interact, it seemed more like ships that pass in the night, rather than everlasting love, pent up after months of separation, yearning to break free.

Then Jane admits to Maura that she's waiting/hoping for him to LEAVE again.

And now we're supposed to wait with bated breath, to hear her tell Maura if she's accepted the off screen marriage proposal?

Really?

I think Jane had better say "no"... because she'll just get in the way of Casey's aspirations for the ultimate promotion. There's NO way in heck Jane could ever "play" the part of General's wife... too much a$$ kissing and other forms of diplomacy required for THAT job.

Best line of the night?

When Jane realizes the men she's working with haven't figured out her "tells" the way Maura has, "Thank God I work with men."
Old September 11 2013, 05:28 AM   #149
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I thought it was funny that in one scene Jane is telling Moira that she basically likes her job more than Casey and in a following scene she's telling Moira that Casey likes his job more than Jane.

As fpr the crime. One big problem, they make a big deal out of the dog not barking and knowing the killer when talking about the crime, yet didn't we just watch the victim repeatedly trying to stop the dog from barking right before she is offed???
Old September 11 2013, 11:23 AM   #150
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Barking. Yeah, another good point.

Also, the dead woman didn't exactly interact with the killer much before she was held underwater, so how did she inhale the dog hair?

They did trick me with the killer's identity and why the brother wanted to get his sister off the corporate board. I think it was Korsak who commented, "The woman married the wrong sibling" after her fellow killer explained the wife's motive for wanting the husband killed was to save her "girlfriend's" job. I assumed that meant the victim didn't like feeling his sister had turned him into a cuckold and was trying to get rid of his sister from the family held company for that reason.