Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 11 2012, 02:30 PM   #136
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Wars Dark Horse comics disscussion and comments

So any opinions on the new LostTribe comics?
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2012, 09:02 PM   #137
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I thought the first issue was decent. I wasn't blown away by it, but at the same time, I thought the artwork was fine, the characters okay, and the cliffhanger at the end was intriguing. I am looking forward to seeing the Lost Tribe and Kesh visualized. I was curious about why none of the Keshiri seem to have force powers.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11 2012, 09:06 PM   #138
DarKush
Rear Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
I'm surprised they've never done a Leia book or comic book series. Leia's early years with the Rebellion and in the Senate could provide some good stories.

As I posted on another thread, after many years I quit collecting the regular Star Wars titles. I just wasn't interested in them anymore. But I am reading Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison and I think it's excellent. Strong story and characterization.

We finally get a Darth Vader that feels like he could have been Anakin Skywalker. I've feel like the Vader we've seen in most comics is just Vader, with no trace of the man he once was. By ANH, I can understand this but in the early days of the Empire, he should still come across as a little more like Anakin in terms of personality and traits. I think we see that in Ghost Prison.
If you like Ghost Prison I would also recommend Vader and the Lost Command, the preceding graphic novel written by Haden Blackman. You might also want to check out The Dark Times comics. While Vader doesn't play a big part in them, you do get glimpses of him that feels more tied to Anakin from the films. You might also like the Purge one-shots that are about Vader hunting down the Jedi.

It does seem odd that Leia hasn't gotten a miniseries. Well, perhaps we will see more of her in the Brian Wood upcoming series.

I also like Drago-Kazov's idea of a Lando series.
Old August 11 2012, 09:34 PM   #139
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

DarKush wrote: View Post
I thought the first issue was decent. I wasn't blown away by it, but at the same time, I thought the artwork was fine, the characters okay, and the cliffhanger at the end was intriguing. I am looking forward to seeing the Lost Tribe and Kesh visualized. I was curious about why none of the Keshiri seem to have force powers.
I have the same opinion.

The Keshiri just never got lucky to have somebody force sensitive and as said in the comic Keshiri and humans cannot produce children.
Old August 11 2012, 10:27 PM   #140
DarKush
Rear Admiral

^
Well the thing is, in the Fate of the Jedi novels (which take place some 40 years after ROTJ), some Keshiri do have force powers and are prominent members of the Lost Tribe. So I'm curious about where these force wielding Keshiri came from.
Old August 12 2012, 07:23 AM   #141
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

I don't care, as far i know FOTJ is nonexistent.
Old August 12 2012, 01:17 PM   #142
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Okay, if you feel that strongly about it , well the events of FOTJ hadn't happened by the time of this comic story so there you go.

I do wonder why they made the Keshiri and humans not being able to intermingle. The only reason I can think of is to keep some pure humans, to keep Vestara Khai human as Ben's love interest. Though I think it would've been neat if she had been an alien. It would've been a full circle kind of thing, like with the humans interbreeding with the original Sith species and eventually overtaking them, the same could've been done with the Lost Tribe which could have become a mixed race (Keshiri-human) species.

One more thing about FOTJ...I personally didn't hate it. It wasn't as good as LOTF, but that's because it was all over the place, too many storylines, which resulted in none of them getting the proper focus. However I thought the Lost Tribe and Abeloth were both good additions to the expanded universe.
Old August 12 2012, 06:00 PM   #143
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

How do you feel about Daala being COS? It's like Eichmann trying to run for office in Israel.
Old August 12 2012, 07:14 PM   #144
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Daala must die.

Should have died in Darksaber.
Old August 12 2012, 07:40 PM   #145
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
How do you feel about Daala being COS? It's like Eichmann trying to run for office in Israel.
I thought that was one of the dumbest decisions made at the end of LOTF and carried over into FOTJ. They tried to make a correction of sorts, but almost as implausibly they had her removed from office and then she made a play for control of the Imperial Remnant. Though I liked the character of Lecersen, I think Daala should've just been the head of that Imperial conspiracy arc instead of him, at least by the time FOTJ started. That would've felt more fitting and organic than placing her at the head of the Alliance.

I think the plans they had with Daala as COS would've worked better with another character, one that fans wouldn't have had a reason to think of as villainous from the get go and whose position on the psychotic Jedi might even have been seen as more sympathetic, which would've helped add some ambiguity to that story line. Then again, that intriguing idea was ditched pretty quick anyway, in FOTJ, to focus on a myriad of stories.
Old September 9 2012, 12:10 PM   #146
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

I really liked Death Sentence 2. Boy some of the natives will be suprised.

Are the natives Cathar by the way?
Old September 9 2012, 05:41 PM   #147
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I also liked Death Sentence 2. There was a twist I wasn't expecting.
Old September 20 2012, 06:07 PM   #148
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Definetly check out the last Ghost Prison.
Old September 20 2012, 06:08 PM   #149
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Definetly check out the last Ghost Prison.
I could not figure out how the damm spoiler tags work
Spoilers:

Seriously there are some intersting twists. I cannot belive i actually fell sorry for Psycho Squad recruited by Vader. Them being killed off was a great twist. I really hope i will see Sonn Volta in some other works. The new Luke or Leia book would be great for her. Also i wonder. Was Laurita Force-sensitive and thats why he was killed? This issue blew my mind.
Old September 28 2012, 06:04 PM   #150
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

Dude use the spoiler tag seriously.

Looking forward to jaina solo trilogy next year

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote