Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old May 9 2012, 10:35 PM   #1
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

May Challenge - Arms & Sigils

Hello all - sorry for the delay in this. As I mentioned in the April contest (many thanks to all who voted for my submission), this was my first win and I didn't know I had to come up with something new for May. So, hopefully this hasn't been done in a while, if at all.

Been on a big "Game of Thrones" kick lately and, while not as widely discussed in the show, the books place an emphasis on sigils or coats-of-arms, representing various noble houses, bannermen, knights and other classes of characters.

So, the challenge this month is to pick a character (or group of characters) from any Trek series or movie and come up with a design that that person may conceive if he/she/it were to create their own coat-of-arms. It could be an individual person, or it could be an entire species or civilization. If the latter, I would suggest that it should not be one for whom we have already seen a design created by the talented and prolific Okudas. For example, it shouldn't be an image of a common Bajoran logo with some slight modifications and say it belongs to Kira Nerys. Although, such symbolism could certainly be included in the greater overall design.

And finally, if so inclined, include the meaning behind the symbolic choices used in the design when submitted. It may earn you bonus points during the final vote. Good luck!

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; May 10 2012 at 03:49 PM.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2012, 04:05 AM   #2
Ptrope
Agitator

Re: May Challenge - Arms & Sigils

Very interesting, unique challenge - looking forward to what this one brings to light
Old May 10 2012, 08:42 PM   #3
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile
Re: May Challenge - Arms & Sigils

A great idea, and that is one of the cool things in the book... it's gotten a couple of mentions. The heraldry is so complex that supposedly GRRM once went to the westeros.org folks to find out what he'd made one of the obscure ones because he couldn't remember!
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote