Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Eve Engaged
By: T'Bonz on Aug 15

Shatner’s Get A Life DVD Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

TV Alert: Takei Oprah Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Aug 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 21 2012, 04:00 PM   #406
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

Re: SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

I'm surprised by the conclusion of the Cartel/CIA storyline and how Jax was able to accomplish that. But I noticed he is unraveling as the club's President, letting his anger fuel some much of his decision making ever since Opie's death. Bobby can see that and wants to stop Jax from being destroyed by his vendetta aganist Clay. Whatever deal he is going to make with Clay is motivated by that purpose. I can't wait to know what that deal is.

I also have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen to Tara at the end of the season with her being given another chance at a promising future outside of SAMCRO. They did the same thing last season before Tara's assault damaged her hand. I'm thinking the season may end with Tara getting killed. Once that happens, SOA will never be the same again like The Shield after (SPOILER ALERT) Lem's death. I wonder how Jax will handle life without both his best friend and the love of his life.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2012, 07:42 PM   #407
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

^A mothers love.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2012, 10:56 PM   #408
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Finally we got out our black outlaw MC.
Drago-Kazov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 05:37 AM   #409
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I don't know if I have it in me anymore to root for Jax. He's spiraling out of control. I understand why Bobby did what he did and he has a right to be afraid of the man Jax is becoming.

And, to my surprise of admitting this, Wendy was the voice of reason like Bobby. What she said about the insanity of the life Jax and Tara are involved in was true. This is a terrible environment for Abel to be raised in because there's always danger lurking around the corner. I thought for a second Jax was going to kill Wendy by the end of the episode but what he did to her instead was still bad and made me hate him for it. Wendy was genuine in wanting to have a fresh start for herself. Injecting her with drugs will likely lead to the beginning of unraveling the progress she has made.

I wonder how Jax will react to Tara's decision to leave Charming with the kids, whether he agrees with it or not. Will that push him completely over the edge? I highly doubt he would beat her like Clay beat Gemma last season but with the way Jax has been unraveling this season, who knows. A part of me hopes something happens that makes Jax snap out of it and go back to getting out of this life for good.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 05:48 AM   #410
Shanndee
Commodore

It would be nice if that was possible...but too much has happened. There is only one way for this to end, and unfortunately that will be with much violence and bloodshed.

I know the series is based loosely on Hamlet...and I very much expect that there will very few left standing at the end of this. And those who are left standing will be psychologically damaged.

The lesson? If you manage to get away from a dangerous lifestyle, stay smart and stay away! (Yes, I'm looking at you Tara...but it is too late for you now.)

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 10:43 AM   #411
Gov Kodos
Admiral

It's a show about an outlaw motorcycle gang, they do bad things. They don't have as many snappy quotes as 'The Godfather' (who does, though) but otherwise that's the kind of folks they are in the show.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 04:34 PM   #412
Shanndee
Commodore

Yes, it is a show about the lives of a gang. Part of being in a gang is the death spiral into oblivion. I have been enjoying Jax's journey from young idealist (who I actually didn't like at all) to dangerous gang leader (who at least is an interesting character).

People are paying for their actions...Clay has been drummed out of the MC, Gemma is far from the "Queen" she once was, Opie and Piney are dead, etc.

By the time the show ends, most characters will have paid with their lives, the others will be in prison.

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Old November 28 2012, 07:09 PM   #413
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Does the MC know by now that Juice has balck daddy?
Old November 28 2012, 09:03 PM   #414
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Key members do, and they all rolled their eyes at his stupid ass for being scared about it.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2012, 09:06 PM   #415
Drago-Kazov
Fleet Captain

Actually there was a black 1% MC in SOA, i just forgot about it. IRL did not happen probably because the Hell's Angel's are incredibly powerfull and have lot's of racist members.

Anybody else noticed the Obama lookalike in the last episode?

The guy who interogated Tara from behind the camera?

I could see him playing the pres.

Last edited by Drago-Kazov; November 28 2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old November 28 2012, 10:46 PM   #416
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Key members do, and they all rolled their eyes at his stupid ass for being scared about it.
IIRC, they even talked about changing the bylaws to make it a moot point. It's a silly old "blue law" that nobody cares about any more but is still on the books. It always kind of mystified me in the first place - as mentioned there is the all-black MC that SOA has had "15 years of brotherhood" with, and Happy is CERTAINLY not lily-white either.

I think the Sheriff was simply exploiting the fear of one of the younger, less experienced, members to attain a goal and he was looking at the problem through a racial filter.
Old November 29 2012, 02:05 AM   #417
Shanndee
Commodore

Yes, and add to that the fact that Juice is not the brightest bulb in the candelabra, he was ripe for exploitation by someone in a position of authority.

Old November 29 2012, 01:40 PM   #418
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I am looking forward to seeing if Clay will actually set up a Nomad club and what kind of crazed individuals he will recruit.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 07:24 PM   #419
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Jesus Christ, Jax! What the hell??

Remember how you let Abel go back in Belfast because you realized that he wasn't about to have a safe life with you? Where's that Jax now?

And Bobby? So you wanted to prevent Jax from doing something behind the back of the club.
Here's an idea: If you had voted yes, killing Clay would have been official club business, no cloak and dagger necessary.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 11:16 PM   #420
Yoda
Rear Admiral

That episode was a lot of nonsense IMO, the season had been pretty good for the most part but they seem hellbent on squandering it. The Bobby/Jax speech was just dumb. I'm not finding the Jimmy Smits "they pulled me back in" crap compelling either. Consider the 400k plus a 'downpayment'? A 'downpayment' on taking out some punks in a second-rate turf war? Boy that doesn't seem like much of an investment. The cartel jumping Galen and company... silly.

The Pope stuff is still kind of interesting, but it's been kind of on the backburner. The stuff with Wendy wasn't bad, but it just underscores how much of a miserable turd Jax really is. There is a serious lack of likability with this MC, and I'm the sort of guy who is always cheering for the 'bad guy' characters. And the forced heroin thing... didn't Gemma do something really similar before? Or did maybe another show do something similar? It just felt really familiar.