Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 7 2011, 05:58 AM   #271
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

Re: SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Yeah, I have to be admit I wasn't a fan of Juice not getting killed or being exposed as a rat in the end.

Half of the stuff in Season 4 like the return to the J.T. murder arc, Clay's unraveling, Jax being more ruthless in the lengths he is willing to protect his family, Tara's conflict over the letters, and how dark and basss Tara became after the attempt on her life were all great. But the other half with Juicy being half-black and turning out into a rat because of that slim leverage, the deus ex machinas of this season, and how some of the storylines came to these contrived cop outs were what kept this season from being a fully fantastic one. I mean, Breaking Bad Season 4 reigns supreme over this current season of SOA because at least in that show, they had the guts to kill off the big villain when it was time for him to go and there weren't any contrived cop outs in that season either.

I'm debating about whether I should continue watching SOA, honestly. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyone else having such thoughts?
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2011, 06:06 AM   #272
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

can any picture this cast wearing chainmail and brandishing longswords. it's getting to be a lot like game of thrones.....

I liked this season other than the shit with juice and all the racisist shit that made no sense. now the music was fantastic agin I am so going to have to pick up the sound track. all liked how potter wrapped up and screwed the guy out of the land deal. the good guys need a win and the sons need to get back to what there good at. all so the CIA twist was just awesome.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2011, 07:41 AM   #273
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Say that like it's a bad thing... LOL.

Although I have to admit one thing - I only saw like one episode of season 3 and I had no problems following the half or so of Season 4 I've watched (I keep forgetting to DVR it) and even though I've watched only the last few episodes, I feel like I know enough of the story so far after only watching Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and the recaps. That's pretty impressive really. Granted each story builds on itself, but you don't need to know the whole story to understand it.
Old December 7 2011, 09:53 AM   #274
Santeria
Lieutenant Commander

That was a rather big let down of a season finale for me. I mean, most of the stuff that happened this season was completely washed away as if it never occurred.
Santeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2011, 11:45 AM   #275
billcosby
Commodore

I think the "finale" in spirit was what we got last week; this week was mostly filler and it actually was a bonus episode after all.

As much as it did drag, the way the characters are positioned in the closing scene amps up the final two seasons ahead for sure.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2011, 05:10 PM   #276
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

Actually it's three more seasons Kurt has in mind for the show.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2011, 11:18 PM   #277
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

which is just great news. I am so surprised that they did'nt put opi in that finale scene.
do you think jax will let opi in on the whole cia thing with the cartel?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 04:23 AM   #278
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Best part of the final was Juice watching the Shield in jail. Of course he might be a bit confused if he saw Acevada on tv and his odd simularity to the guy in the cartel. Over all pretty ho hum rap up to everything this year although it did give us the whole set up for next season.
So why would they take Bobbys shoes away(no shoe laces to hang himself with) and then give him a guitar with strings on it?
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 05:14 AM   #279
Shanndee
Commodore

I really hate that SuperChannel 1 shows SoA a day after it airs, so I have to ignore all boards to avoid being spoiled! Anyway...add me to the "underwhelmed" camp.

I am glad they found a way to maintain Ron Perlman's presence as Clay for awhile longer. I would really miss him. He does need to pay for all of his actions (and yes, he will pay with his life), but I think he adds considerable drama and conflict.

However, this whole finale seemed overly convenient and contrived. It did give us a good set up for next season...I just hope the show finds its feet again. I'll continue to watch, because I believe it still has a story to tell...
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 05:35 AM   #280
Gov Kodos
Admiral

I felt very satisfied by the ending. I liked Romeo's reveal as part of the CIA. There were several points that hinted to him being more than just a cartel operative, showing up on the Russians so easily, the clearly American accents in the van in the wake of Tara's attempted abduction and others. A very enjoyable finale from every one. I am looking forward to next season.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 06:32 AM   #281
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Put me in the "wow that sucked" camp. Everything they tried to build up this season fizzled out thanks to the CIA nonsense. And sorry, the music montage only works if you didn't shit yourself for the entire episode up until that point. When you do it's just a couple of minutes for the viewer to angrily reflect on how the show has failed them. You know, like every montage on SGU ever.

When it comes time to do the post-mortem on this series, I gotta believe that the RICO goes home scene is going to be the shark jump.
Old December 8 2011, 10:26 PM   #282
billcosby
Commodore

Yoda wrote: View Post
....the music montage only works if you didn't shit yourself for the entire episode up until that point. When you do it's just a couple of minutes for the viewer to angrily reflect on how the show has failed them.
I like this post!!
"Angrily reflect on how the show has failed them" is brilliant. It's true... who enjoys a montage on a TV series outside of catching-up intros?

If the RICO scene does become SOA's Shark Jumper, we'll have to wait until S5 is underway before we know for sure.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 10:41 PM   #283
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Wow, look at all the hate! I thought the CIA twist was an ingenious way of keeping the major characters together. I was wondering how in the world Sutter was going to contrive Jax, Tara, Gemma and Clay to all be in Charming and with a pulse for next season. I have no idea how that could have been arranged any other way, and without those four, you really don't have a show.

As for Juice, he's not in the clear like he thinks. The fact that his father was black is the least of his problems. He still betrayed the club - which Roosevelt knows about - and the fact that he stole the drugs, killed Miles and blamed him for it can be inferred from that betrayal, if the club ever learns of it.

All Hail King Jax and Queen Tara!
With those names, they do sound like they should be wearing chain mail and attended by elves.

billcosby wrote: View Post
If the RICO scene does become SOA's Shark Jumper, we'll have to wait until S5 is underway before we know for sure.
I interpreted it as a way of setting up a few seasons' worth of storyline, with Jax in thrall to the (dum-de-dum) CIA.

We just have to ignore the possibility that Tara, for instance, might be smart enough to go get a lawyer and call a press conference with an amazing and heinous tale of the CIA attempting to abduct an American citizen on American soil, right from the bosom of her family, maiming her hand in the process. Ya think that might cause a tiny bit of a political shitstorm? The CIA isn't supposed to be operating on American soil at all, in order to prevent gestapo type behavior like that.

And that's the real problem with the TV trope of CIA agents acting on American soil. It's so common on TV that maybe people don't realize what a hot potato it is, and how easily it could be used against the CIA.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; December 8 2011 at 10:53 PM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 10:57 PM   #284
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

I have a lot of problems with how the CIA revel rendered most of the major plot points of the season unimportant, but what I really want to know is: If you're going to kill Kozik and Miles, why not have Juice kill Kozik? Did Miles ever do much of anything before being killed? Wouldn't it have meant more for Juice to kill the guy we actually knew about?
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2011, 11:13 PM   #285
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I think the Kozik death was an in-joke. I haven't seen The Shield but apparently the actor was on that show and also got blown up.

When SoA is over, I'd love to see Sutter do a sci fi series.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote