Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 26 2014, 10:01 PM   #2596
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

-Brett- wrote: View Post
They won't cut Arianne. She'll be there for sex scenes, if nothing else. More likely they've just made her younger than Trystane, or ignored the bit of lore about firstborn inheriting regardless of sex in Dorne. Can't risk confusing the "unsullied", after all.
What would be the point of including her if everything important about her is changed?

They can use anyone for sex scenes.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2014, 05:11 AM   #2597
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile

Venardhi wrote: View Post
As much as I love Siddig, the apparent strategy of "just cast brownish people, no one will notice the difference." is a bit underwhelming.
Old July 28 2014, 06:59 AM   #2598
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Yes, and?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2014, 07:06 AM   #2599
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

Season 4 blooper reel!

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2014, 08:06 AM   #2600
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

I wonder will the new actors playing Dornish characters imitate Pedro Pascal's Chilean accent or will they do their own thing?
Old July 28 2014, 08:15 AM   #2601
Skywalker
Admiral

Was the accent Pascal used for Oberyn actually Chilean or just a generic Hispanic accent? His natural accent is American.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28 2014, 08:20 AM   #2602
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

It sounds Spanish to me.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Old July 28 2014, 10:48 AM   #2603
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Was the accent Pascal used for Oberyn actually Chilean or just a generic Hispanic accent? His natural accent is American.
I don't actually know. I know I must have seen him before because he's been in The Good Wife and I watch it, but I don't remember his role in it! I just assumed that this was his own accent in GOT.

If he was adopting that accent for Oberyn, then I imagine it must have been the decision of the showrunners to have him speak like that. If so, presumably the other Dornish characters will speak similarly.
Old July 28 2014, 10:12 PM   #2604
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Seems a lot of the cast have arrived or are starting to arrive in Belfast for filming. I'll have to do some stalking:

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/28...film-season-5/
Old July 28 2014, 11:42 PM   #2605
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Yes, and?
And they look like they could be related, don't they?

More than the whiteish people such as the Dane NCW, Brit Lena and American Dinklage, in fact.

Heck, what you really should be complaining about is Isaac Hempstead Wright playing the son of Sean Bean and Michelle Fairley. Two people with blue eyes producing a brown eyed child? C'mon.

Skywalker wrote: View Post
He said he based it on his father's accent.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 03:13 AM   #2606
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

I don't see it. Hopefully a bit of makeup and an accent will help, but details haven't ever been the strong suit with this adaptation.
Old July 29 2014, 03:46 PM   #2607
Turbo
Vice Admiral

View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
-Brett- wrote: View Post
They won't cut Arianne. She'll be there for sex scenes, if nothing else. More likely they've just made her younger than Trystane, or ignored the bit of lore about firstborn inheriting regardless of sex in Dorne.
Why is that more likely? The evidence for Arianne being cut has piled up recently. She's not in the casting announcement with the other Dornish characters (nor are the characters most associated with her alone in AFFC, like Arys Oakheart). The casting video for Tyene shows the plot to crown Myrcella coming together without Arianne being involved (and with Ellaria participating, instead of being a pacifist like the book). The casting video for Trystane shows him seemingly being involved in the plot as well. And now Trystane is referred to as the heir to Dorne, meaning he has no older siblings.
I was wondering if they were going to merge Ellaria and Arianne's roles. Indira Varma is fantastic, and only using her for four episodes seems a bit silly. This'll help cut down on the sheer sprawl as well - it's someone the audience is already familiar with, and she has a clearly established motive for revenge.
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 04:40 PM   #2608
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Heck, what you really should be complaining about is Isaac Hempstead Wright playing the son of Sean Bean and Michelle Fairley. Two people with blue eyes producing a brown eyed child? C'mon.
I don't see it. Hopefully a bit of makeup and an accent will help, but details haven't ever been the strong suit with this adaptation.
I don't think genetics works the same in this world in general as it does in ours. In their world, the children of a parent "black of hair" should apparently also always be "black of hair", regardless of the other parent's hair color. Otherwise Jon Arryn and Ned Stark never would have found the blond hair of Cersei's children odd despite Robert's hair color and the information written in the History of the Great Houses of Westeros. I'm not a geneticist, but I'm pretty sure the hair thing is not true in our world.
Old July 29 2014, 07:07 PM   #2609
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Martin won't be writing an episode for season 5...because he has a book to write, apparently.

Huh, didn't see that coming.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 07:33 PM   #2610
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Heh...methinks the reality and the pressure of finishing is finally catching up to him. Good to know that he's still working on it though...