Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 25 2014, 07:13 PM   #2521
ISP Zombie
Fleet Captain

View ISP Zombie's Twitter Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
^^^
I didn't recognize him either until you pointed that out!
Neither did I . With glasses and hair, he pretty much blended right in .

I should have recognized the body language though, it looked rather familiar.

Last edited by ISP Zombie; June 25 2014 at 07:29 PM.
ISP Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 07:19 PM   #2522
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

The casting calls that have leaked so far, as reported by Winter is Coming:

Prince Doran Martell – Doran is described as the major new player this year, appearing in multiple episodes. The fiftysomething prince uses a wheelchair, is reclusive, and rules wisely. It appears the show is looking to continue the trend it started with Pedro Pascal, and cast Latino actors for the Martell clan.

Prince Trystane Martell – Trystane, the handsome fiance of Princess Myrcella, is being aged up to 18.

Areo Hotah - Doran’s personal bodyguard will appear throughout the season, assisting the prince with his duties. The show is particularly looking for a black actor to fill the role.

Obara Sand – The eldest and most athletic Sand Snake will be having a major fight scene with a series regular character—not one who crosses her path in the books. This is an interesting change.

Nymeria Sand – Nymeria is described as “mixed race,” with her father being the fairer Oberyn and her mother being darker skinned. The second oldest of these Sand Snakes, she’s beautiful, emotional, and very strong.

Tyene Sand - The youngest of the Sand Snakes that we meet uses her wits and seductive powers, and is less of a physical fighter than the other Sand Snakes. She is just as deadly as her sisters, however, but her weapon is poison.

High Sparrow - The books’ pious head of a religious movement will be appearing in several episodes in season five.

Septa Unella – The show is looking for a character actress to play the imposing and unrelenting Septa who spends a lot of time with a major series character next year.

Maggy the Frog- A fortune teller in A Feast For Crows, she’ll be in one episode next year.

Lollys Stokeworth – Just last week in “Mockingbird,” Bronn announced his intention to marry Lollys, whom Tyrion considers “dimwitted.” It looks like the sellsword will still be around next year.

Yezzan - A sleazy Meereenese slave owner.

The Waif – The strange child from the books that Arya encounters will likely be played by an older actress, one in her later teens, and we understand the show is specifically looking for a woman of East Asian descent for the part.

Varamyr - Dubbed Varamyr Sixskins in the book series, the wildling skinchanger initially appears in A Storm of Swords when he takes possession of the late Orell’s eagle, and takes on his scout role as well with Mance Rayder’s army. The book describes Varamyr as a small man, bald and grey-faced with round shoulders. The show is supposedly looking to cast an actor in the 35-45 year old age range. It’s unclear what position Varamyr will take on in the fifth season as his introduction point in the books has already passed in the show.

Imogen - A 12 year old blonde girl. It’s speculated that this may actually be the casting call for young Cersei. Given that there is no Imogen in the books, and we’ve heard that Game of Thrones is auditioning girls for the role of young Cersei, this seems likely.

Brunette girl - 12 years old. There’s no additional information about this part. For book-related possibilities, our best guess with regards to the role is probably Melara, a girl involved in young Cersei’s story with the fortuneteller Maggy the Frog.
Old June 25 2014, 08:04 PM   #2523
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

They've cut all the actually important flashbacks, why suddenly include them for something as easy to gloss over as Cersei's prophecy?
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 08:17 PM   #2524
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

They might start showing more of the flashbacks in general using Bran's greenseer abilities.
Old June 25 2014, 08:46 PM   #2525
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

According to a French entertainment news website Omar Sy has been cast as Xhondo, so that's confirmation that Sam and company will start their travels next season.
Old June 25 2014, 09:04 PM   #2526
CaptainCanada
Admiral

That was a hoax, per Sy himself on Twitter.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 09:10 PM   #2527
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
That was a hoax, per Sy himself on Twitter.
Ah, thanks for setting that straight. Kind of odd to have a hoax casting for such a minor character.
Old June 25 2014, 09:16 PM   #2528
Drekstar
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'll just offer something for fun: Game of Thrones classic insults.
Drekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 04:10 AM   #2529
Alex1939
Captain

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
For instance, Martin could bring on a cowriter to do some of the heavy lifting on Dream of Spring while he wraps up Winds of Winter alone.
Given GRRM's writing style, I don't think that's an option.
odd thing to say considering he has co-written two other novels in his writing career. Hunter's Run and Windhaven.

Although I certainly don't think someone else will be writing a large portion of Ice and Fire.
Alex1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 04:23 AM   #2530
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

The lack of Arriane and Quentyn is conspicuous. Though it could mean they already have actors in mind.
Old June 26 2014, 04:39 AM   #2531
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I expect Jar Jar Binks to show up before Quentyn Martell. There is absolutely no way that pointless storyline will be adapted for television.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 06:06 AM   #2532
Masiral
Commander

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
I expect Jar Jar Binks to show up before Quentyn Martell. There is absolutely no way that pointless storyline will be adapted for television.
Actually, I think that storyline is very important.

Masiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 08:17 AM   #2533
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

And no Iron born characters in the casting breakdown either?
Old June 26 2014, 02:24 PM   #2534
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
She's not lying. Catelyn Stark is dead. Lady Stoneheart is not the same person.
So you're saying she's taking the Obi Wan Kenobi tact regarding Anakin Skywalker being "killed" by Darth Vader, from a "certain point of view"? Makes sense if they want to keep the reveal secret.

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Anyone seen casting calls for S5? I think they should either be close to starting filming or have already just started it. I suspect that Stoneheart should be close to the beginning. That should conclusively determine her continued role.
They only put out casting calls if they're going to be doing open auditions. If the role is already cast or they're making a direct offer to a name actor there's no need for a casting call.
Ah - did not know that, thank you...
They might start showing more of the flashbacks in general using Bran's greenseer abilities.
They're going to need to do something with that character for the next 3 seasons, after having found 3-eye so quickly. I suspect experiencing historical flashbacks or seeing what's going on in the world (where there are ravens and heart trees to be found) is all Bran can do from this point forward, unless they somehow give him some active role in antagonizing the Others and the Others' god with his new-found powers, effectively becoming an ally to R'hllor.
Old June 26 2014, 03:06 PM   #2535
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
They've cut all the actually important flashbacks, why suddenly include them for something as easy to gloss over as Cersei's prophecy?
I thought much the same. Seems odd.

Incidentally, if they ever did a prequel series or film, the actress who played Michelle Fairley's daughter in 24 would be perfect for young Catelyn.