Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 12 2014, 04:58 PM   #2356
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Reading the Unsullied's comments and speculation after this week's episode, it's hilarious how they all seem to expect a Jamie vs. Bronn duel.
Oberyn vs. Gregor isn't even on their radar, it seems.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 05:50 PM   #2357
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Personally I'm just beginning to wonder if they're actually going to have Lady Stoneheart in the TV show at all. Halfway through the season and I'm still waiting for her.
You mean, like you did in the book?

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 01:48 AM   #2358
Lonemagpie
Writer

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Personally I'm just beginning to wonder if they're actually going to have Lady Stoneheart in the TV show at all. Halfway through the season and I'm still waiting for her.
I'm sure she appeared earlier than this in the books but it's been a while...

Also, of course, in the book I wasn't waiting for a character I already knew about from another medium to turn up, was I?

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 02:11 AM   #2359
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

She doesn't appear until the epilogue of A Storm of Swords, and this season's storylines are mostly from the last 40% of that book. So they would be roughly on track with the books if they (re)introduced her in the finale, though at this point I also wouldn't be surprised if they held it off until she captures Brienne.
Old May 13 2014, 02:14 AM   #2360
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
She doesn't appear until the epilogue of A Storm of Swords, and this season's storylines are mostly from the last 40% of that book. So they would be roughly on track with the books if they (re)introduced her in the finale, though at this point I also wouldn't be surprised if they held it off until she captures Brienne.
I'm willing to bet she is the last shot of the season just like she was the last person to appear in the book... the question is just, does she get to capture Brienne in this season finale?

Also, of course, in the book I wasn't waiting for a character I already knew about from another medium to turn up, was I?
It doesn't make sense to say she should appear in the show before the part of the story where she first appears in the books (ASOS epilogue) just because you have read the books and are waiting for her, does it? You may as well say that she should have appeared right after the Red Wedding, just because you were waiting for her, even though it would have made no narrative sense.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old May 13 2014, 02:42 AM   #2361
Lonemagpie
Writer

I'm willing to bet she is the last shot of the season just like she was the last person to appear in the book... the question is just, does she get to capture Brienne in this season finale?

It doesn't make sense to say she should appear in the show before the part of the story where she first appears in the books (ASOS epilogue) just because you have read the books and are waiting for her, does it? You may as well say that she should have appeared right after the Red Wedding, just because you were waiting for her, even though it would have made no narrative sense.
Cos they've stuck *so* precisely to the timings and details in the books, never changing anything...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 03:45 AM   #2362
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

But shouldn't we be hearing reports about the deaths?

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 05:53 AM   #2363
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

Yeah, especially among the Freys.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 01:23 PM   #2364
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

That's debatable based on how much time has actually passed since the Red Wedding in the show. In the books Petyr and Merrett in the epilogue are probably Stoneheart's first significant victims. And the show doesn't really do background detail or foreshadowing on that level anyway.

Here's a PDF preview of several pages from The World of Ice and Fire. It's draft pages, so there are typos and such, but it gives a sense of what the book will look like, and includes a Stark family tree that reveals the much-discussed identity of Ned's mother.
Old May 13 2014, 03:17 PM   #2365
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Obviously it's early to call it, but I've a suspicion that Lady Stoneheart won't appear in the tv show. Based on absolutely nothing. Feel free to quote this post when I'm proved wrong.
Old May 13 2014, 03:55 PM   #2366
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

Cos they've stuck *so* precisely to the timings and details in the books, never changing anything...
And that's the reason why they should change the timing even when it makes no sense at all? It's obvious that UnCat is the "last shot of the season finale" material. If it does happen at the end of this season finale, it may even be the best possible last shot of a season finale up to date, or at least it would share that place with the hatching of dragons from season 1.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old May 13 2014, 04:11 PM   #2367
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

That's debatable based on how much time has actually passed since the Red Wedding in the show. In the books Petyr and Merrett in the epilogue are probably Stoneheart's first significant victims. And the show doesn't really do background detail or foreshadowing on that level anyway.

Here's a PDF preview of several pages from The World of Ice and Fire. It's draft pages, so there are typos and such, but it gives a sense of what the book will look like, and includes a Stark family tree that reveals the much-discussed identity of Ned's mother.
I love the way it's written as if it's a work of a Citadel master, with titles like "The Glorious Reign" and "Queer Customs of the South" (Dorne). But I hope they will correct the spelling mistakes - I've just looked at the Stark family tree, and they spelled Jeyne as Jayne, and also made a typo in Tyrion's name.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch

Last edited by DevilEyes; May 13 2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old May 15 2014, 02:20 AM   #2368
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

So with next episode being called "Mockingbird" and the preview showing crazy Aunt Lysa threaten to toss Sansa off the Eyrie, I was wondering... is Lysa going to die this week? IIRC it didn't take him long in the books.
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2014, 02:49 AM   #2369
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Yeah, I'm thinking they could play out that whole arc in just a few scenes, from Petyr stoking Lysa's jealousy to Lysa trying to kill Sansa to Petyr sending his new bride through the Moon Door.
Old May 15 2014, 03:41 AM   #2370
theenglish
Rear Admiral

She doesn't appear until the very last page. I expect this to be the final fade to credits scene of the season.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote