RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 143,164
Posts: 5,597,478
Members: 25,396
Currently online: 674
Newest member: mxadam

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: When It Rains…
By: Michelle on Feb 27

Nimoy Dead At Eighty-Three
By: T'Bonz on Feb 27

Breaking news: Leonard Nimoy – ‘Mr Spock’ – dies aged 83
By: AntonyF on Feb 27

Hurley Passes
By: T'Bonz on Feb 26

USS Excelsior Model Coming Soon
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Hemsworth To Host SNL
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Quinto To Guest Star On HBO Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Wheaton To Voice Firefly Game
By: T'Bonz on Feb 24

Nimoy Health Scare
By: T'Bonz on Feb 24

Star Trek #42 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 7 2015, 04:36 AM   #1
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral
 
Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

A bunch of sites are reporting that Mel Brooks is working on a script for Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money, and he may be trying to get Rick Moranis on board.

Spaceballs was one of the movie staples of my childhood. It's not as good as an adult but I'd still be stoked to see it revived!
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 03:51 PM   #2
DWF
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Sequels to Spaceballs should've come out years ago. And there's better titles too like for example.

Attack of The Scoones
Revenge Of The Biff with Thomas F. Wilson
A New Pope guest starring Pope Francis
Col. Sandurz Strikes Back
The Schwartz Awakens
__________________
The greatest science fiction series of all time is
Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by-one
or all in a bunch to back it up!"
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 07:12 PM   #3
Reverend
Rear Admiral
 
Reverend's Avatar
 
Location: UK
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

DWF wrote: View Post
Sequels to Spaceballs should've come out years ago. And there's better titles too like for example.

Attack of The Scoones
Revenge Of The Biff with Thomas F. Wilson
A New Pope guest starring Pope Francis
Col. Sandurz Strikes Back
The Schwartz Awakens
Well that would rather defeat the gag that the sequel's title was jokingly mentioned in the original movie.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 09:06 PM   #4
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

^I agree. But... who'll replace John Candy?
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 09:25 PM   #5
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

I'm not sure if the Star Wars parody has enough legs and Mel enough genre savvy to really pull it off. I love the idea of another hurrah for Mel Brooks but I wonder if he might not be able to bring more to another concept. Recent stuff I've seen suggest Mel Brooks is still sharp and funny but not necessarily in a timely and contemporary manner. Though as just a general setting another Spaceballs could make for fun comedy even if it doesn't take full advantage of the satirical opportunities.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 09:29 PM   #6
Timelord Victorious
Rear Admiral
 
Timelord Victorious's Avatar
 
Location: Germany, Earth, the Solar System
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
^I agree. But... who'll replace John Candy?
CGI Barf? They could have him do all sorts of Legolas level CGI shit .
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Ithekro
Fleet Captain
 
Ithekro's Avatar
 
Location: Republic of California
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

I was still hoping for History of the World: Part Two.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 10:24 PM   #8
urbandefault
Fleet Captain
 
urbandefault's Avatar
 
Location: Lemon Wacky Hello
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Ithekro wrote: View Post
I was still hoping for History of the World: Part Two.
Me too, or at least Jews In Space.

Maybe that's what he's aiming at.

I love Mel Brooks. He's one guy in Hollywood who's never been afraid of ridiculing any taboo. Everything is fair game.
__________________
"GARY BUSEY!" - Gary Busey
urbandefault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 10:27 PM   #9
J. Allen
Remember... Remember.
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
^I agree. But... who'll replace John Candy?
Jim Belushi.

Seriously, though, I hope this happens. True, we're missing a few of the comedy legends that made the original so awesome, but I still think it can be done, and if anyone can do it, it's Mel Brooks.
__________________
I've noticed that about your people, Doctor. You find it easier to understand the death of one than the death of a million. You speak about the objective hardness of the Vulcan heart, yet how little room there seems to be in yours. - Spock, The Immunity Syndrome

Leonard Nimoy: 1931 - 2015
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2015, 10:44 PM   #10
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Behind the mask of Donald Draper
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if the Star Wars parody has enough legs and Mel enough genre savvy to really pull it off. I love the idea of another hurrah for Mel Brooks but I wonder if he might not be able to bring more to another concept. Recent stuff I've seen suggest Mel Brooks is still sharp and funny but not necessarily in a timely and contemporary manner. Though as just a general setting another Spaceballs could make for fun comedy even if it doesn't take full advantage of the satirical opportunities.
Truth is the original movie was never that specific of a parody of Star Wars. On the surface it was the obvious reference. But it was a really broad send up of Sci-Fi in general. I suspect now fans would want very specific in jokes. But I do not think he is that type of writer.

The Spaceballs cartoon he produced was awful!
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2015, 05:27 AM   #11
CorporalCaptain
Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Although Spaceballs wasn't exclusively a Star Wars parody, it was certainly predominately one.
__________________
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2015, 05:41 AM   #12
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Dick Whitman wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if the Star Wars parody has enough legs and Mel enough genre savvy to really pull it off. I love the idea of another hurrah for Mel Brooks but I wonder if he might not be able to bring more to another concept. Recent stuff I've seen suggest Mel Brooks is still sharp and funny but not necessarily in a timely and contemporary manner. Though as just a general setting another Spaceballs could make for fun comedy even if it doesn't take full advantage of the satirical opportunities.
Truth is the original movie was never that specific of a parody of Star Wars. On the surface it was the obvious reference. But it was a really broad send up of Sci-Fi in general. I suspect now fans would want very specific in jokes. But I do not think he is that type of writer.

The Spaceballs cartoon he produced was awful!
I wonder how much of that was network insistence.
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2015, 05:50 AM   #13
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Hasn't he been saying this for 15 years? It will never be made and should never be made.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2015, 05:53 AM   #14
CorporalCaptain
Admiral
 
CorporalCaptain's Avatar
 
Location: North America
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
It will never be made and should never be made.
Agreed, and there's not even a link in the OP, so I don't think we have to worry.
__________________
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
CorporalCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2015, 06:13 AM   #15
Mojochi
Commodore
 
Mojochi's Avatar
 
Re: Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Peach Wookiee wrote: View Post
^I agree. But... who'll replace John Candy?
Jim Belushi.

Seriously, though, I hope this happens. True, we're missing a few of the comedy legends that made the original so awesome, but I still think it can be done, and if anyone can do it, it's Mel Brooks.
Kevin James?
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.