Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 29 2014, 01:44 AM   #1
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unicron
Mockingjay teaser

I'm looking forward to the next installment, personally. I'm hoping it'll continue to be a good adaptation, and perhaps I'll get around to reading the books someday.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 02:15 AM   #2
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

Re: Mockingjay teaser

Looks great!
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 06:45 AM   #3
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I've really enjoyed the Hunger Games films and I'm looking forward to this one. Great teaser.
Old July 29 2014, 09:55 AM   #4
Mage
Commodore

I should really read the novels one day, because I really liked the first two movies. This looks quite impressive aswell.
Old July 30 2014, 12:46 AM   #5
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

I think if they can pull off a successful adaption of Mockingjay, Lionsgate will really have a home run on their hands. If not, hopefully it won't be too bad. But I'm currently placing my bets on a win. I don't have any experience with the books and naturally some elements were tweaked a bit for cinematic purposes, but the majority of folks I know feel the movies have been very faithful to the original story, and that's always a plus. They've had a great cast to work with as well.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Old July 30 2014, 12:55 AM   #6
JD
Admiral

I'm in the process of reading book right now, and a lot of those scenes are taken directly from it. It's always a relief when I can recognize almost all of the scenes in a trailer for an adaptation.
The only scene that is definitely not in the book, is the conversation between Plutarch (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) and President Coin (Julianne Moore). The books are told in first person from Katniss perspective, so any scene she's not in is not from the books.
Old July 30 2014, 01:29 AM   #7
Masiral
Captain

JD wrote: View Post
I'm in the process of reading book right now, and a lot of those scenes are taken directly from it. It's always a relief when I can recognize almost all of the scenes in a trailer for an adaptation.
The only scene that is definitely not in the book, is the conversation between Plutarch (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) and President Coin (Julianne Moore). The books are told in first person from Katniss perspective, so any scene she's not in is not from the books.
Which is also why they can make two movies out of the one book - a lot of stuff happens outside of her perspective in Mockingjay.
Masiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2014, 03:44 AM   #8
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Glad to see they didn't edit out / re-cast Hoffman. I saw a review of his latest movie and someone said it was his last screen appearance, guess not.
Old July 30 2014, 03:48 AM   #9
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Agreed. I seem to recall hearing around the time he passed that much of his work for Mockingjay had already been completed. He will be missed.

Knight Exemplar
Old August 5 2014, 07:13 AM   #10
JD
Admiral

I think I remember reading that they only had one more scene they needed him for, and that they were going to just insert him into it digitally.
Old August 5 2014, 09:26 AM   #11
Mage
Commodore

WeAreTheBorg wrote: View Post
Glad to see they didn't edit out / re-cast Hoffman. I saw a review of his latest movie and someone said it was his last screen appearance, guess not.
He filmed one or two films after Mockingjay, but those were released earlier. This is definatly his last movie to be released in cinemas, AFAIK.
Old August 5 2014, 04:18 PM   #12
intrinsical
Commodore

Maybe its just me, but I totally could not understand most of the story just from watching the first two movies without reading the books. The movies just felt like a series of disjointed scenes that failed to weave together a coherent story. It is as if the writers and producers assumed the viewer has already read the books and just filmed the major scenes without connecting the dots for the viewer. It was only after I've read the books that the first two movies actually made sense to me.

The first two teaser trailer for Mockingjay reinforces this. Unless you've read the books, would you have no idea why President Snow and Peeta are standing together speaking about the glory of Pan Am. Or what's so important about the second teaser trailer's pirate message, "The Mockingjay lives".
Old August 6 2014, 03:41 AM   #13
JD
Admiral

I watched the first movie long before I read the book, and I had no problems following it.
Old September 28 2014, 04:21 AM   #14
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

A new, more in-depth trailer was just released a couple of weeks ago. This is looking freaking epic.

Knight Exemplar
Old October 1 2014, 12:41 AM   #15
JD
Admiral

Yeah, that was a pretty great trailer. I'm actually in the process of reading the book right now. It's making me really look forward to the movie.