RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,377
Posts: 5,356,973
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 504
Newest member: Nostromov

TrekToday headlines

The Gene Roddenberry Project Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Moore: No Deep Space Nine Regrets
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 2 2011, 06:48 PM   #1
lurok
Commodore
 
lurok's Avatar
 
Location: Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
VOY interior map as used by writers

Not sure if this been posted already, but best interior map of USS Voyager I've seen and was used as guide by series writers. Courtesy of drexfiles.

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...-room-diagram/

Quite interesting when realise how far engineering/B'Elanna is
__________________
"Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha"
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Rom's Sehlat
Fleet Captain
 
Rom's Sehlat's Avatar
 
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

That's incredible! Did they use diagrams/layouts like this for TNG, TOS, and so on?
Rom's Sehlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 01:46 AM   #3
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

That's pretty neat, thanks for sharing the link.

What the heck is a hover pad? Deck 14.
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 07:38 PM   #4
Rom's Sehlat
Fleet Captain
 
Rom's Sehlat's Avatar
 
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

Perhaps this:


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Everybody with warp ships NEEDS these. In case the transporters break down and start combing two people into one...
Rom's Sehlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 07:50 PM   #5
T.D. Possum
Commodore
 
T.D. Possum's Avatar
 
Location: Jelly Fridge
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

^ Next question: Where can I get one?
T.D. Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 08:23 PM   #6
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

This can't be the one used by the writers. Where's shuttlebay 2?
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2011, 08:47 PM   #7
lurok
Commodore
 
lurok's Avatar
 
Location: Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
This can't be the one used by the writers. Where's shuttlebay 2?
as one of the posters on drexfiles said: Maybe we could say the Aeroshuttle launch facility is Shuttlebay 1 and that’s why they seem to call the main one Shuttlebay 2.
__________________
"Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha"
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 12:25 AM   #8
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

They spelt Shutlebay wrong.

Which came first, that image or the main one?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...oyager_MSD.jpg
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 11:21 AM   #9
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

The one on the bridge. Doug said he made the other one later.

But the writers clearly never used it... or any of the old diagrams either. In "Collective", Janeway says Voyager can't go to warp without her navigational deflector when ALL the diagrams say Voyager's got a spare on the saucer. Ditto the warp core - if Voyager really had two, than episodes like "The Raven" would be moot.

Which means the diagrams are all wrong, Voyager's only got one warp core, one navigational deflector and ....I still can't explain the magical size-and-shape changing shuttlebay(s). I don't think the one in "Drive" would fit at Voyager's supposed size even if the hull were hollow, to say nothing lf how that ship got through the doors or where they're keeping Neelix's vessel through all this.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 12:09 PM   #10
Tomalak
Vice Admiral
 
Tomalak's Avatar
 
Location: Liverpool
View Tomalak's Twitter Profile
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

I'm sure Rich Sternbach explained away the "spare" warp core as just a collection of spare parts that had already been partly used by the crew for repairs, not a fully-functioning replacement.
__________________
She bought her first new car and you hit her with a drunk driver. What, is that supposed to be funny?
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2011, 12:52 PM   #11
BlobVanDam
Fleet Captain
 
BlobVanDam's Avatar
 
Location: Australia
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlobVanDam Send a message via Yahoo to BlobVanDam
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
The one on the bridge. Doug said he made the other one later.

But the writers clearly never used it... or any of the old diagrams either. In "Collective", Janeway says Voyager can't go to warp without her navigational deflector when ALL the diagrams say Voyager's got a spare on the saucer. Ditto the warp core - if Voyager really had two, than episodes like "The Raven" would be moot.

Which means the diagrams are all wrong, Voyager's only got one warp core, one navigational deflector and ....I still can't explain the magical size-and-shape changing shuttlebay(s). I don't think the one in "Drive" would fit at Voyager's supposed size even if the hull were hollow, to say nothing lf how that ship got through the doors or where they're keeping Neelix's vessel through all this.
Is it possible that the secondary deflector dish is more like a spare tyre; enough to limp around with, but you wouldn't want to be driving for long distances at high speeds. Because it's so much smaller, it might not be big enough for high warp, which would explain why the NX-01 could get away with such a small one, since it could only manage warp 5 for shorter bursts.
As for the secondary warp core, we'd just have to convince ourselves that they either shipped off quickly without a secondary warp core, since they didn't expect to need it, or the secondary warp core is only a replacement for the basic housing, but doesn't include the dilithium/antimatter jargon to actually make it functional.
BlobVanDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 07:53 PM   #12
Rick Sternbach
Fleet Captain
 
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

Tomalak wrote: View Post
I'm sure Rich Sternbach explained away the "spare" warp core as just a collection of spare parts that had already been partly used by the crew for repairs, not a fully-functioning replacement.
The spare core is a collection of parts, yes. It's not a redundant core tied into the PTCs. Pulling out the spare and hooking it up, hot-fire testing and calibrating, would have taken a while. Thank goodness they didn't need to.

Rick
__________________
Senior Illustrator Emeritus
Star Trek 1978-2001
Rick Sternbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 09:20 PM   #13
Ro_Laren
Commodore
 
Ro_Laren's Avatar
 
Location: The Badlands
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

Cool diagram. I'm sure it was a great help.
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2011, 10:39 PM   #14
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: VOY interior map as used by writers

Rick Sternbach wrote: View Post
Tomalak wrote: View Post
I'm sure Rich Sternbach explained away the "spare" warp core as just a collection of spare parts that had already been partly used by the crew for repairs, not a fully-functioning replacement.
The spare core is a collection of parts, yes. It's not a redundant core tied into the PTCs. Pulling out the spare and hooking it up, hot-fire testing and calibrating, would have taken a while. Thank goodness they didn't need to.

Rick
That would've been a funny episode though. They spend the whole B-story getting it set up, only for the original to start working / get recovered.

"Back into storage she goes... along with the Borg baby and all those extra shuttles..."
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.