RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,584
Posts: 5,515,255
Members: 25,156
Currently online: 480
Newest member: jerrlaro

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 19 2011, 05:06 AM   #16
KB24
Fleet Captain
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Off the top of my head I want to ask, does anyone see a correlation with the grouping of shows and the Fox/Whedon material that is leaving April 1? Maybe they are trying something in preparation with all the CBS shows that are forthcoming?

Our Roku gets twitchy from time to time, too. My husband was thinking of upgrading, or reducing our Netflix discs and adding Hulu Plus. I do wish you were able to have separate IW queues for a household- I think that was something supposedly forthcoming. However, I wish you could have television programs and movies divided, too.
__________________
FATE and FANGS: Tales from the Vampire Family Kindle Available Now!
http://vampfam.blogspot.com
I Think, Therefore I Review- Criticism, Conjecture, Rants
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2011, 09:24 AM   #17
Snaploud
Admiral
 
Snaploud's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

I'm not sure what to make of the tv show consolidations. It saves a lot of space, but it also makes it more difficult to notice when new seasons are available. I suppose it's possible that they might be limiting the consolidations to situations in which all seasons have been released and are available via streaming...?
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 04:39 AM   #18
KB24
Fleet Captain
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Now my Instant Watch and or Roku is giving me trouble. Saying internal error and content not available. Hmph.
__________________
FATE and FANGS: Tales from the Vampire Family Kindle Available Now!
http://vampfam.blogspot.com
I Think, Therefore I Review- Criticism, Conjecture, Rants
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 04:40 AM   #19
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

I think they must be doing something with it. The instant watch on my PS3 hasn't been working all night (which is really annoying because my night's plans kind of revolved around it).
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 05:24 AM   #20
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

I'm getting everything just fine. They may have fixed it by this point.
__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 01:19 PM   #21
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral
 
Hanukkah Solo's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Yeah, before I went to bed last night, it was being all wonky on my Xbox. It had been working fine earlier in the day. Hopefully it's working again now, but I haven't checked it yet.
Hanukkah Solo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 05:19 PM   #22
Snaploud
Admiral
 
Snaploud's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Snaploud wrote: View Post
I'm not sure what to make of the tv show consolidations. It saves a lot of space, but it also makes it more difficult to notice when new seasons are available. I suppose it's possible that they might be limiting the consolidations to situations in which all seasons have been released and are available via streaming...?
Nope. I see combined Dexter, Pawn Stars, Jersey Shore, The Tudors, and Californication. Most of the others were completed series, though (with all seasons available via streaming).

Last edited by Snaploud; March 20 2011 at 05:52 PM.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 08:03 PM   #23
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

I'm getting lots of rebuffers today.
__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 08:43 PM   #24
Snaploud
Admiral
 
Snaploud's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

It seems to be working fine for me. Though, there was a glitch in which it was hard to delete more than one show at a time (from the online queue) a few days ago.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2011, 11:31 PM   #25
KB24
Fleet Captain
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

It was fine after a half hour or so for me. I had to enter and exit and reload a few things.

Does anyone else have the fancy features with search, the recommends, recently watched, and new listings for every genre? All that is nice, but that seems to be when a lot of our issues began with that upgrade. My husband says the roku box gets slower and slower for him and needs to buffer more. Did Netlfix put too much content with too many subscribers before all of it could be fully handled?

I know there are rights windows and issues and such, but I don't see why certain programs just can't remain streaming or available indefinitely. If they are trying to consolidate seasons, you would think they were moving to some sort of longer archive streaming. Yet we know that huge change is coming April 1. Besides, don't you hate it when they will have a series streaming, then have one or two episodes as disc only? IF they are bulking series, they better eliminate that crap.

Comedy Central Presents was listed as somethign like 200 episodes, but that is not a season by season show you need to watch in episode order. I could see if something like 'History's Mysteries' or other documentary series were grouped together, but serial, dramatic programming should not be. Can you imagine if they did something dumb and put everything from a show like 'Masterpiece Theatre' together?! Come on now.
__________________
FATE and FANGS: Tales from the Vampire Family Kindle Available Now!
http://vampfam.blogspot.com
I Think, Therefore I Review- Criticism, Conjecture, Rants
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2011, 12:55 AM   #26
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Snaploud wrote: View Post
It seems to be working fine for me. Though, there was a glitch in which it was hard to delete more than one show at a time (from the online queue) a few days ago.
I had that glitch a few weeks ago. I'd delete one, it would take it's time, refresh, then I could delete another. It would take about a minute apiece for each title, which is a headache if you have 400+ titles.


KB24 wrote: View Post
It was fine after a half hour or so for me. I had to enter and exit and reload a few things.

Does anyone else have the fancy features with search, the recommends, recently watched, and new listings for every genre? All that is nice, but that seems to be when a lot of our issues began with that upgrade. My husband says the roku box gets slower and slower for him and needs to buffer more. Did Netlfix put too much content with too many subscribers before all of it could be fully handled?

I know there are rights windows and issues and such, but I don't see why certain programs just can't remain streaming or available indefinitely. If they are trying to consolidate seasons, you would think they were moving to some sort of longer archive streaming. Yet we know that huge change is coming April 1. Besides, don't you hate it when they will have a series streaming, then have one or two episodes as disc only? IF they are bulking series, they better eliminate that crap.

Comedy Central Presents was listed as somethign like 200 episodes, but that is not a season by season show you need to watch in episode order. I could see if something like 'History's Mysteries' or other documentary series were grouped together, but serial, dramatic programming should not be. Can you imagine if they did something dumb and put everything from a show like 'Masterpiece Theatre' together?! Come on now.
Yeah, I have the 1st Generation Roku box, and trouble didn't start until version 2.9 build 1529 came about. Once that did, everything started going nuts. I don't run all the fancy stuff because it slows everything down, but even so, I have a lot more rebuffers, titles that simply won't play, and other little glitches here and there. What sucks is that if you visit the Roku forum, they're tight lipped about what's going on, and this has been going on for at least 5 weeks, since the initial build update.

As for bulking, yeah, that irritates the piss out of me. Family Guy Season 8, for example, is only half a season in streaming, and it's been that way since they put it up there. It looks like they consolidate a few more. Married with Children is now one huge block of episodes, and so is Newsradio.
__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2011, 01:04 AM   #27
KB24
Fleet Captain
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Is there any outside source documentation about these changes and upgrades and complaints? My husband says there's been nothing on Hacking Netflix, which is usually on top of all the issues.

We were thinking about getting a new roku, too, just to see if ti would make a difference.
__________________
FATE and FANGS: Tales from the Vampire Family Kindle Available Now!
http://vampfam.blogspot.com
I Think, Therefore I Review- Criticism, Conjecture, Rants
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2011, 01:23 AM   #28
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

KB24 wrote: View Post
Is there any outside source documentation about these changes and upgrades and complaints? My husband says there's been nothing on Hacking Netflix, which is usually on top of all the issues.

We were thinking about getting a new roku, too, just to see if ti would make a difference.
I'd wait on the Roku. It seems that right now, every device but Roku is working properly. I love my little Roku box, but it is getting frustrating when I see Netflix stream flawlessly on PC, Wii, XBOX, PS3, a hundred different blu-ray players, and it just won't work right for my Roku box, and yeah, Hacking Netflix is lacking any information, the Netflix Blog is lacking info, the Netflix Community (Ning) has nothing on it. Roku's support forum is all over it, but it's just schlubs like us trying to figure out what's going on, with no official word in dozen of pages regarding this latest event.
__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2011, 02:20 AM   #29
KB24
Fleet Captain
 
KB24's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

Yes our roku was fine until they added all that other mess, so when some things won't play, we switch the the PS3 stream or our other blu-ray player. My husband was interested in the new boxee, but I talked him out of it. I just don't like that one.

Any other time the slightest problem usually makes all kinds of internet tracks. Go fig. Honestly, this is why I really miss all the friends and community features!

Does anyone else think their disc service has dropped a nod now in the push for streaming? A lot of our discs end up damaged, we suspected there was something going on with our mail since there was a delay in turnover and the envelopes were damaged, and since I lean towards a lot of obscure stuff, about half my queue is always on a wait of some kind.

Then again, sometimes I can't keep up with everything I want to watch. I would cut my cable if I didn't watch so many sports. Maybe I'll be super pleased and excited again when they get all that CBS content. Maybe I can watch some things that got blocked on my Hulu thanks to their push towards the Plus subscription. Right now I'm just trying to finish Buffy!
__________________
FATE and FANGS: Tales from the Vampire Family Kindle Available Now!
http://vampfam.blogspot.com
I Think, Therefore I Review- Criticism, Conjecture, Rants
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2011, 03:28 AM   #30
Santa Claus
Digitally Assisted
 
Santa Claus's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's Rooftop
Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: Netflix Instant Queue Wiped Out

KB24 wrote: View Post
Yes our roku was fine until they added all that other mess, so when some things won't play, we switch the the PS3 stream or our other blu-ray player. My husband was interested in the new boxee, but I talked him out of it. I just don't like that one.

Any other time the slightest problem usually makes all kinds of internet tracks. Go fig. Honestly, this is why I really miss all the friends and community features!

Does anyone else think their disc service has dropped a nod now in the push for streaming? A lot of our discs end up damaged, we suspected there was something going on with our mail since there was a delay in turnover and the envelopes were damaged, and since I lean towards a lot of obscure stuff, about half my queue is always on a wait of some kind.

Then again, sometimes I can't keep up with everything I want to watch. I would cut my cable if I didn't watch so many sports. Maybe I'll be super pleased and excited again when they get all that CBS content. Maybe I can watch some things that got blocked on my Hulu thanks to their push towards the Plus subscription. Right now I'm just trying to finish Buffy!
Yes, and I dropped their disc service completely. Netflix is now making a push for streaming, because it is vastly cheaper than DVD mail service.
__________________

❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
instant watch, netflix, queue

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.