Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 30 2011, 09:29 PM   #46
Tarek71
Commander

Re: Daedalus Era Uniforms

Ive actually been aiming at a Federation Merchant Navy/Merchant Marine uniform. Not altogether finished with the design though. The TNG era version could look a bit like these. Not sure I would go that route, but I can see it.
Tarek71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2014, 04:04 AM   #47
Tarek71
Commander

Wow! It's been awhile! But I am back on this project! The goal is to make at least one of these uniforms, though I would like to make one of each: Command Gold, Sciences Blue, Medical Green and Engineering Red. I colorized Archer and Sato to show the basic appearance of the Command and Science uniforms.

The idea again, is for a two-piece, rather than a onesie. But this gives the basic idea of the 2160's Starfleet uniform. Not sure about the Charcoal black pants. Maybe a bit darker! The shoulder line border is a darker black than the zippers or the bottoms. Does that look weird? Not sure.

Old August 11 2014, 01:18 AM   #48
Wingsley
Commodore

Keep in mind that in "These Are the Voyages…" we saw Archer dressed in his Earth Starfleet uniform with a turtleneck when he left T'Pol to give his speech...
Old August 11 2014, 01:43 AM   #49
Tarek71
Commander

Wingsley wrote: View Post
Keep in mind that in "These Are the Voyages…" we saw Archer dressed in his Earth Starfleet uniform with a turtleneck when he left T'Pol to give his speech...
Yes, some alterations to the 2151 uniform are needed. Not much, just a little tweaking. Also, I still have to make the Daedalus Class Enterprise patch to replace the NX-01 patch. I may also eliminate the left breast pocket zipper to make room for the other patch.
Old August 11 2014, 04:36 AM   #50
Ensign Ro-
Commander

View Ensign Ro-'s Twitter Profile

"The idea again, is for a two-piece, rather than a onesie. But this gives the basic idea of the 2160's Starfleet uniform. Not sure about the Charcoal black pants. Maybe a bit darker! The shoulder line border is a darker black than the zippers or the bottoms. Does that look weird? Not sure."

I, personally, would prefer to see all the trim, zippers included, as black. But, that is just my personal preference...this is your project. And a fun and impressive one it is. Looking forward to more.
Ensign Ro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2014, 05:15 AM   #51
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

OK, I realize that I'm replying to a three-year old post, but I hadn't seen it before, and the thread has already been necro'd, so I figure I'm in the clear.

Cicero wrote: View Post
The colors were:

Blue (slightly teal): Command (including Tactical)
Gray: unknown (2nd picture)
Green/Gold/Brown: Engineering (and Security or Science?)
White: Medical

According to the Intel website for the movie, at least one gray-uniformed crew member was a security officer. Green/Gold/Brown and Blue uniforms in normal lighting.
I'm struck by the fact that, except for the colour of the collar, that medical technician uniform looks uncannily similar to the old-style Starfleet uniform worn by the human representative of the Elysian Council in TAS. I doubt it was in any way intentional, but it's an interesting bit of continuity.
Old August 12 2014, 07:20 AM   #52
Tarek71
Commander

Avro Arrow wrote: View Post
OK, I realize that I'm replying to a three-year old post, but I hadn't seen it before, and the thread has already been necro'd, so I figure I'm in the clear.
I revived it myself after resuming the project after it being on the shelf for a couple of years.

I'm struck by the fact that, except for the colour of the collar, that medical technician uniform looks uncannily similar to the old-style Starfleet uniform worn by the human representative of the Elysian Council in TAS. I doubt it was in any way intentional, but it's an interesting bit of continuity.
I was not a big fan of the Kelvin uniforms, but yeah there is a bit of an unintentional similarity!
Old August 12 2014, 11:12 AM   #53
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Tarek71 wrote: View Post
Wow! It's been awhile! But I am back on this project! The goal is to make at least one of these uniforms, though I would like to make one of each: Command Gold, Sciences Blue, Medical Green and Engineering Red. I colorized Archer and Sato to show the basic appearance of the Command and Science uniforms.

The idea again, is for a two-piece, rather than a onesie. But this gives the basic idea of the 2160's Starfleet uniform. Not sure about the Charcoal black pants. Maybe a bit darker! The shoulder line border is a darker black than the zippers or the bottoms. Does that look weird? Not sure.

I have to say, that looks very, very good and like a believable missing-link uniform design.
Old August 12 2014, 02:40 PM   #54
Tarek71
Commander

Ensign Ro- wrote: View Post
"The idea again, is for a two-piece, rather than a onesie. But this gives the basic idea of the 2160's Starfleet uniform. Not sure about the Charcoal black pants. Maybe a bit darker! The shoulder line border is a darker black than the zippers or the bottoms. Does that look weird? Not sure."

I, personally, would prefer to see all the trim, zippers included, as black. But, that is just my personal preference...this is your project. And a fun and impressive one it is. Looking forward to more.
Thank you! Yes, I think you're right. I had just seen these charcoal cargo pants and I thought that it would work as the uniform pants. At least color wise. I also thought that the charcoal would have more visual texture in the light than a darker black, but now I don't know. We'll see.