Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old January 30 2012, 02:27 PM   #61
yochenhsieh
Lieutenant

Re: Dominion Wars on Vista/Windows 7

xachine wrote: View Post
I selected US. No error messages appeared.
Have you tried remove or disable one of your video card? I mean not only disable crossfire, but disable one video card in control panel completely.

I'm not sure if it will work, though.
yochenhsieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2012, 08:06 PM   #62
xachine
Ensign

yochenhsieh wrote: View Post
Have you tried remove or disable one of your video card? I mean not only disable crossfire, but disable one video card in control panel completely.

Ok Disabling the second graphics card got the graphics working but, the game now crashes during the intro movies or at the main menu. Tested several compatibilities modes just in-case, no luck.

Last edited by xachine; January 30 2012 at 08:19 PM.
xachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2012, 03:38 AM   #63
yochenhsieh
Lieutenant

xachine wrote: View Post

Ok Disabling the second graphics card got the graphics working but, the game now crashes during the intro movies or at the main menu. Tested several compatibilities modes just in-case, no luck.
Is your screen resolution larger than 1600x1200? You have to reduce resolution if it's too large.
Old January 31 2012, 04:29 AM   #64
xachine
Ensign

Is your screen resolution larger than 1600x1200? You have to reduce resolution if it's too large.
That got it. Game plays wonderfully, and I'm hitting myself in the head for not considering screen size as part of the problem.

Thank you for all your help.
xachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29 2012, 02:29 PM   #65
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Windows 7 ST Game Install & Run Issues with Solutions

When STO crashed the other day it did something to my launcher. Everytime I started it would say files were corrupted and asked it I wanted to verify. After it passed that, it would still crash and go to the Cryptic Report Error screen. After going through that about 10 times it started working again. Don't know the exact problem, but seems to have resolved by itself.

Win 7 Prof on Gateway M1629
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2012, 06:21 PM   #66
winkler
Cadet

Hi friends,
As we know that windows 7 has the all the driver software and the graphics software , when we installing the windows 7 operating system. Some time,if you have a problem occur during to play the game, i will some suggestion you. In the my opinion, you should upgraded you windows , so that it can aquire all type of the driver which is need to play the game .
The second reason is that You want to check the properly of the operating system .It may be possible to enable some property.
I hope to you that this information are some valuable to remove your problem . I hope that if you finds something then you mail me "kashif.rd@gmail.com" . I am waiting your action .
Thanking you .
Old April 1 2012, 01:47 PM   #67
Wouter2
Captain

Thanks a lot guys, I tried to run the game using the wrapper in Windows 7 32 bit (with intel HD graphics, on a Core I3-M350) and it works like a charm! Never thought I would get this to run short of installing Win98 on some old PC!

My laptop is equipped with Nvidia optimus, but the start videos and menu would not work when I activated the Geforce 310M, curiously enough. Luckily the Intel HD graphics seem already powerful enough to run the title without problems, anyway.
Wouter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2012, 12:48 AM   #68
Damarai
Cadet

Hey guys, just going to have to hope and pray there are still eyes on this.

I've managed to push through again (after years of trying beforehand) with the solution here, using yochenhsieh's patch (EU version installed here). Things look golden until start-up and I get an immediate CTD with no evident problem. I've changed the resolution in case but I don't run higher that 1600x anyway.

Have I blatantly missed something crucial??
Damarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2012, 03:33 AM   #69
yochenhsieh
Lieutenant

Hello,
If you have two or more video cards, you need to disable or remove one (or more) of them so only one GPU is available when you start DW.

But, if this is not the cause, please try uninstall the game, then re-install it, and use the EU 1.04 patch here
http://gaming.trekcore.com/dominionwars/downloads.html
If the patch finished successfully, please upload the dw.exe or ds9dw.exe in your game folder to mediafire or rapidshare. I'll check it out.

If you know how to use hex editors, you may also try modify it according to Komat's page:
http://jiridvorak.webpark.cz/dw/
(It's not too hard actually, only one digit need to be modified.)

Thanks.
Old June 9 2012, 03:31 PM   #70
Deks
Rear Admiral

Majority of people would allow Windows updates to be applied.
I did and still do.
To that end, 'missing updates' are not the issue.
It's the software itself.
The games are very old and Microsoft stopped supporting DOS based programs some time ago.

To that end, 16-bit installers, etc. don't exactly play 'nice'.

Some games under x64 OS will essentially 'do nothing' for a while until after about some time they end up running.
I don't know what causes this delay in installation, but it doesn't appear always.
ST: Voyager 'Elite force' seems to exhibit this issue under Windows 7 x64... as does Armada.

Bridge Commander is yet another example.
I tried running the installer in XP SP2 compatibility mode (under admin privileges) and nothing - I've waited over an hour in some cases... nothing appears in terms of installation.
Looks like BC is 'gone' for good.

If someone can point me to a direction on how to install the thing on my Win 7 Ultimate x64, I'd appreciate it.
Old June 23 2012, 11:01 AM   #71
Deks
Rear Admiral

For those of you experiencing problems installing Bridge Commander on Windows 7 SP1 x64.
I found a solution.
Its not perfect, but a solution nevertheless.

As you know, I was unable to install the game. I ran the installer, tried to run it as admin, in various compatibility modes, even left the laptop on after running the installer over night, and nothing (I could see the process in Task Manager, but ultimately, there was no installation going on).

Anyway, I downloaded the 'core' of BC off the net, which is roughly 350mb.
It's essentially the install directory of the game.
Has all of the animations, dialogue, scripts... its a full game, and works on my system nicely.
Now I just want to play around with mods.
Old August 21 2012, 06:22 AM   #72
BigFattyPlus
Cadet

I mde an account hre JUST to say thank you for making that patcher! I can finally play this game (nw I just eed someone to fix the graphic card issue with Star Tek New Worlds). Only one issue.

I noticed that the patcher lets me ply the gamefully WITHOUT the cd, but here's an issue. When the promt comes up tellinge to put the d in (with 3 options; Retry Continue, Cancel), if I click Retry or Continue, the game freezes the second I move the mouse, and Retry just looks for the cd again. But if I click the red axe on the promt, the game runs nromaly with a minor hiccup which hasn't happened again so far.

Agan, thank you!
BigFattyPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8 2012, 10:35 PM   #73
Mr_Homn
Captain

Does starfleet academy work on windows 7?

What about klingon academy?

edit- nevermind, answered my own question. Got them working fine!

Last edited by Mr_Homn; September 9 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Mr_Homn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 06:17 PM   #74
Jaaten
Cadet

Sorry for necroing this thread after so long, but for the life of me I can't get the hex-editor to work. If anyone still has the modified file (or can be persuaded to try it again) please let me know, especially if anyone's figured out a way of doing it with a no-cd playable .exe file. (I can provide that file if needed)

Sorry again, and thanks in advance.
Jaaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2012, 12:28 AM   #75
HGGundamReviews
Cadet

Well I have the game working to a point to where it starts all the videos and menus load and I can even get the game play to load. I have the Wrapper patch installed.

Here is the issue I am having. When the game starts all the videos play normally no issue. Once i hit the main menu its super slow and jerky. Mission Briefing is the same. The audio even pauses for 3-5 seconds after every word. Game play its self is also super slow and jerky.

Here are my specs.

Intel I3-370m 2.4ghz CPU, Windows 8 64 bit, Intel HD Graphics 128mb V-ram, 6gb Ram.

Any help to fix this problem would be great.
HGGundamReviews is offline   Reply With Quote