Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old October 31 2008, 07:21 PM   #1
mic of orion
Commander

What about season 4 ???

OK, what about season 4, comments ideas, did you liked it, didn't like it, why not, what could have been done to improve the season 4?

BTW this is my first thread on this forum, and I hope it is a success

BTW, I am Enterprise fan, so I can take it all with in limit

Benjamin Franklin
Old October 31 2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Stephen!
Captain

Re: What about season 4 ???

mic of orion wrote: View Post
OK, what about season 4, comments ideas, did you liked it, didn't like it, why not, what could have been done to improve the season 4?
The episode count was a bit low considering there was only 22 episodes, while season 3 got 24 and seasons 1 and 2 got 26

Mostly, I didn't like the filler episodes much, aside from "home" and the finale seemed kinda weak, but the rest of the season was enjoyable.
Old October 31 2008, 08:08 PM   #3
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Season 4 of Enterprise is in my top 5 Favourite Years of Trek.

I tend to forgive it for the camp two-parter that kicked it off. I still enjoyed the spectacle of that, WW2 planes blitz the NX over NY, Nazis in the White House, very 50's pulp fiction. The finale however is another matter... but Terra Prime just about makes up for it.
Old October 31 2008, 08:27 PM   #4
MattJC
Fleet Captain

I enjoyed it for the most part.
Other then "TATV" I think they should have just scrapped the Klingon forehead 2-parters. I appreciate what they were trying to do with the story, but in retrospect some of it comes off as confusing.
Old October 31 2008, 09:25 PM   #5
Captain X
Rear Admiral

The Augments arc was ok, as was the Klingon 2-parter, and the MU episodes were fun, but the Vulcan arc came off as "Archer brings knowledge and enlightenment to the noble savages" more than anything, and frankly I could've done without all the fanwank and the manufactured angst. And TATV sucked ass as both an ENT finale and the end of modern Trek.
Old October 31 2008, 10:20 PM   #6
dave_R_treker
Captain

It was a good season for the most part. I didn't care for the start of the season with the Nazi and the temperalcold war thing. I never really cared for that story line too much. And I definitly hated the series finally. The killing of Trip and for all intensives purposes it was a TNG episode, not an Enterprise episode.
Old October 31 2008, 10:28 PM   #7
ELURIA
Captain

I enjoyed all 4 seasons of Enterprise.

But s4 stood out because, to me, it seemed TPTB were having more fun with it.

The last ep however never ever happened.

Mum: "No worse...they're Republicans"

(From Vertigo's Y:The Last Man)
Old November 1 2008, 03:25 AM   #8
TheRealNaveed
Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to TheRealNaveed Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheRealNaveed Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealNaveed

Season 4 is definitely my favourite out of the seasons, it just had so many good episodes going for it. Season 3 comes in a close second because of its relatively weak first half.

Of course, the first two and last episodes aren't worth seeing.
Old November 1 2008, 06:14 AM   #9
Skywalker
Admiral

Season Four is what got me back into the show. I saw most of Season One, but then I went off to college and missed most of Season Two, then I kinda tuned out of Season Three aside from a couple episodes. Then I heard about the Vulcan arc in S4 and decided to check it out, and I loved everything after it (except for Daedalus, Bound, and TATV).
Old November 1 2008, 11:16 AM   #10
miriel68
Lieutenant Commander

I'm not particularly admirer of 4th season, especially comparing to the 3rd which is my favourite. There were some really silly episodes - like "Bound", for example, no real character development, T'Pol - Trip relationship seems mostly like soap opera to me. Some plot ideas were good, but they weren't used well, IMO. I've got an impression that they were so keen to please fans and explain some elements of canon (Klingons foreheads, beginning of Federation etc.) they didn't follow the logic of the plot more often than not. I quite liked Augments trylogy, but felt cheated by Vulcan arc (it doesn't stand a closer logical analysis), Klingons episodes were full of illogic elements too, and Terra Prime, while it promised to be terrific in the beginning, in the end disappointed me, too. So, there are may be 1/3 of episodes of the 4th season I like to re-watched sometimes.
Old November 1 2008, 01:33 PM   #11
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Generally speaking, I enjoyed season 4. I'm glad they decided to start having more fun with it which gave us a nice contrast to the darker, more intense season 3, which was also largely excellent.

I agree there were downsides: 22 episodes; Deadalus, TATV and the inexplicable waste of two precious hours (Stormfront) that could have been better spent doing just about anything else.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
Old November 1 2008, 01:40 PM   #12
Skywalker
Admiral

Jinxed13 wrote: View Post
Generally speaking, I enjoyed season 4. I'm glad they decided to start having more fun with it which gave us a nice contrast to the darker, more intense season 3, which was also largely excellent.

I agree there were downsides: 22 episodes; Deadalus, TATV and the inexplicable waste of two precious hours (Stormfront) that could have been better spent doing just about anything else.
I think it would have been hilarious if the season premiere had started with Zero Hour's ending, and then suddenly Archer wakes up again (probably in sickbay), showing that he was just having a really weird nightmare. Much simpler, and sweeps that stupid "cliffhanger" under the rug a hell of a lot faster.
Old November 1 2008, 02:20 PM   #13
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Skyhaunter wrote: View Post

I think it would have been hilarious if the season premiere had started with Zero Hour's ending, and then suddenly Archer wakes up again (probably in sickbay), showing that he was just having a really weird nightmare. Much simpler, and sweeps that stupid "cliffhanger" under the rug a hell of a lot faster.
The scene from the ending of Stormfront II (of Enterprise returning to Earth would have been a perfectly fine conclusion to Zero Hour with Archer's fate a question mark... then they'd have the whole summer to decide what to do with the premiere of season 4, rather than get locked into a stupid Trek Nazi episode with an ending that made no sense at all.)
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
Old November 1 2008, 07:11 PM   #14
mic of orion
Commander

Skyhaunter wrote: View Post

The scene from the ending of Stormfront II (of Enterprise returning to Earth would have been a perfectly fine conclusion to Zero Hour with Archer's fate a question mark... then they'd have the whole summer to decide what to do with the premiere of season 4, rather than get locked into a stupid Trek Nazi episode with an ending that made no sense at all.)
totally with you on this, I found season 1-3 totally wasted, and even though I really enjoyed few episodes from season 1-3, season 4 was for me best, I found suliban and than xindi arcs total waste of time and money.

well, you learn I guess,.

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mic of orion; November 1 2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old November 1 2008, 07:44 PM   #15
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Well, now that I look at it, more than 3 years later, I realize how precious 'season 4' really is to me. I think Manny Coto really poured his heart and soul into it (he was almost like a kid playing with his favorite toy, and willing to share it with other kids too ). Sure it had flaws (Daedalus sucked, not to mention that TATV Abomination), but the 'Vulcan arc' was amazing. 'Bound' was kinda dumb (way too childish IMO), but I remember enjoying it none the less.
Finally, 'Demons/Terra Prime' two parter - an amazing two hours of Star Trek, and a true ENT finale, period.
All in all, a great season.
Closed Thread