RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,145
Posts: 5,434,245
Members: 24,934
Currently online: 584
Newest member: davidhan

TrekToday headlines

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 5 2013, 08:56 PM   #6256
Gojira
Commodore
 
Gojira's Avatar
 
Location: Stompin' on Tokyo
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Both of those clips of Lois were very good. I am happy that Amy Adams is Lois Lane!! Laurence Fishburn as Perry white is also very good!
__________________
My Science Fiction-Fantasy movie review Blog: http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2013, 11:53 PM   #6257
kirk55555
Fleet Captain
 
kirk55555's Avatar
 
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Fisburn as Perry actually seems like it was a good idea. Lois doesn't, and if she doesn't have a bit more personality in the rest of the movie she'll be completely boring. Still, better boring than angsty/brooding like Clark. Plus, she probably won't tell Clark to let kids drown, so theres already two characters she's likely to be better than.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 01:27 AM   #6258
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I really liked those scenes, this movie is going to be great.
Kirk keeps bringing up the scene from the trailer where Johnathan says maybe Clark should have let the kids in the bus drown, personally I have no problem with that attitude in the movie. Sure it might not fit in the with version of Pa Kent who encourages Clark to be a hero, but it fits perfectly with a father who is trying to protect his son. I can see him not wanting Clark to use his powers in front of people like that. Chances are that people would totally freak out, and want to ship him off somewhere to study him, and we all know how those situations usually end in these kind of stories. I honestly think that would be a lot more believable than Pa encouraging him to use his powers at that point.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 01:31 AM   #6259
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Amy Adams might just turn out to be my favorite Lois ever.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 02:11 AM   #6260
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Yeah, I think the "maybe" comment by pa might be part of the bigger "you can't save everyone" speech.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 02:18 AM   #6261
Keith1701
Rear Admiral
 
Keith1701's Avatar
 
Location: Warner Robins Georgia
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Bad Bishop wrote: View Post
Sorry, Mr. Routh. I was rooting for you.
Me too.
__________________
Keith1701
Live Long, and Prosper....
"Make It So" -- ENGAGE!!!!
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 02:22 AM   #6262
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

JD wrote: View Post
I really liked those scenes, this movie is going to be great.
Kirk keeps bringing up the scene from the trailer where Johnathan says maybe Clark should have let the kids in the bus drown, personally I have no problem with that attitude in the movie. Sure it might not fit in the with version of Pa Kent who encourages Clark to be a hero, but it fits perfectly with a father who is trying to protect his son. I can see him not wanting Clark to use his powers in front of people like that. Chances are that people would totally freak out, and want to ship him off somewhere to study him, and we all know how those situations usually end in these kind of stories. I honestly think that would be a lot more believable than Pa encouraging him to use his powers at that point.
Agreed. I always though the Kents of the comics and other movies were a little too idealized and perfect. It's only natural that they'd have doubts and be fearful of what the government or military might do if Clark's powers were discovered.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 02:35 AM   #6263
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Enchantment
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, I think the "maybe" comment by pa might be part of the bigger "you can't save everyone" speech.
Actually, the way it was framed, I think he was trying to say something like, "If they find you out now, you'll never be able to save all those people in the future."

In other words: "The needs of the many..."
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 02:37 AM   #6264
Gojira
Commodore
 
Gojira's Avatar
 
Location: Stompin' on Tokyo
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Amy Adams might just turn out to be my favorite Lois ever.
I am with you on that!
__________________
My Science Fiction-Fantasy movie review Blog: http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 04:07 AM   #6265
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gotham
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

@CorporalClegg that's basically the idea of it. The scene is from Geoff Johns Superman: Secret Origin and he's basically telling Clark to be careful of his powers, because he doesn't want to lose him to the government. He's saying the line as a concerned father who loves his son. Kirk555555 has totally misinterpreted the comment as others have pointed out previously. He's not telling or saying Clark should have let the kids drown in the bus, but just to be mindful of his abilities and to keep them secret.
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 04:11 AM   #6266
The Dead Mixer
Vice Admiral
 
The Dead Mixer's Avatar
 
Location: Connecticut
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

davejames wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I really liked those scenes, this movie is going to be great.
Kirk keeps bringing up the scene from the trailer where Johnathan says maybe Clark should have let the kids in the bus drown, personally I have no problem with that attitude in the movie. Sure it might not fit in the with version of Pa Kent who encourages Clark to be a hero, but it fits perfectly with a father who is trying to protect his son. I can see him not wanting Clark to use his powers in front of people like that. Chances are that people would totally freak out, and want to ship him off somewhere to study him, and we all know how those situations usually end in these kind of stories. I honestly think that would be a lot more believable than Pa encouraging him to use his powers at that point.
Agreed. I always though the Kents of the comics and other movies were a little too idealized and perfect. It's only natural that they'd have doubts and be fearful of what the government or military might do if Clark's powers were discovered.
Thirded. Pa isn't trying to raise a superhero, he's trying to protect his son.
The Dead Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 06:09 AM   #6267
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Bad Bishop wrote: View Post
Sorry, Mr. Routh. I was rooting for you.

Aw now he's sad






Seriously I had alot of high hopes for him since he was from my home state. He even held a special screening of "Superman Returns" at the local cinema.


Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 05:07 PM   #6268
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I still think he was a great Superman. It's just a shame he got more action in Chuck than he ever did in the movie.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 05:12 PM   #6269
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Give him points for being a good sport. He did a "Superman" panel with Dean Cain at the Philadelphia Comic-Con last weekend.

Too bad they couldn't get Tom Welling, too!
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 05:26 PM   #6270
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Greg Cox wrote: View Post

Too bad they couldn't get Tom Welling, too!

That guy's just living off his 10 year salary(Plus residuals) from "Smallville"


He probably doesn't do those kinds of conventions



Sadly the track record for lead actors post "Superman" isn't good

Reeve- After "The quest for peace" his biggest movie was Children of the Corn. Then he had his horse riding accident.

Dean Cain- Forever stuck in tv movies

Welling- Did 3 movies during "Smallville" breaks and then nothing but "Smallville" and producing "Hellcats"


I'm hoping Cavill can break that trend. I really am! It's a really big hill to walk up.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
christopher nolan, man of steel, superman, zack snyder

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.