Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 2 2013, 01:13 PM   #6181
The Dead Mixer
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

^I have to disagree about Reeve.

"Hi there...something wrong with the elevator?"
"Going down."
"Bad vibrations?"
"I believe this is your floor."
The Dead Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 01:55 PM   #6182
Creepy Critter
Admiral

The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
^I have to disagree about Reeve.

"Hi there...something wrong with the elevator?"
"Going down."
"Bad vibrations?"
"I believe this is your floor."
Not to mention, "'Excuse me."

Yeah, anyone who thinks that Reeve "didn't seem to have that much fun" must have seen a different movie in 1978 than I did.
Old June 2 2013, 02:05 PM   #6183
The Dead Mixer
Vice Admiral

Not to mention the voiced-by-Reeve: "I ran." And his whole OTT performance as Clark.

We didn't see his "first flight" moment, but that was because the film glossed over it with that whole weird thing about spending 12 years hanging out with Jor-El in the Fortress. But we did see him more or less doing barrel rolls over Metropolis after his debut. Chris Reeve definitely injected a sense of fun into his performance...like being Superman was a private joke that only he and the audience were in on. Which brings up the whole bit of flying into space and smiling for the camera at the end of the movie....
The Dead Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 02:12 PM   #6184
marksound
Fleet Captain

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Carcazoid wrote: View Post
Admiral Buzzkill wrote:
Not one of the guys who "slag off on women on the Internet," as you say, has ever been with anyone as attractive as the women they're criticizing. I guarantee you that.
They say that truth hurts. Sometimes it's just funny as hell.
Yeah, let's not just insult posters; let's drag everyone they've ever been out with as well. Should we insult their mothers next? Friends? Neighbours?
Depends. If they get all stompy and weepy and stuff it probably won't be much fun.

On the other hand ...
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 02:45 PM   #6185
Creepy Critter
Admiral

The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
Not to mention the voiced-by-Reeve: "I ran." And his whole OTT performance as Clark.

We didn't see his "first flight" moment, but that was because the film glossed over it with that whole weird thing about spending 12 years hanging out with Jor-El in the Fortress. But we did see him more or less doing barrel rolls over Metropolis after his debut. Chris Reeve definitely injected a sense of fun into his performance...like being Superman was a private joke that only he and the audience were in on. Which brings up the whole bit of flying into space and smiling for the camera at the end of the movie....
Totally.
Old June 2 2013, 03:06 PM   #6186
Gojira
Commodore

gblews wrote: View Post
Gojira wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
The Dark Man of Steel Rises just looks bad. Every clip makes it look worse.
That's the problem....you think that is what this movie is going to be...but you're wrong and your hatred of Nolan will not even allow you to see this movie more objectively.
But I don't see how what Kirk is doing is that much different from people here who appear to me to be preparing to "love on" the movie no matter what, simply because it isn't Superman Returns and because Chris Nolan is behind it. This reminds me of how people prepared (and did) "love on" Batman Begins simply because it wasn't Batman and Robin and because Chris Nolan was directing.

If the movie does suck, and I am hopeful that it won't, the question in my mind is; how many of you folks will be willing to say so, here -- especially with old Kirk55555 ready to bring the, "I told you so" cannons online?

I think it is better to go into a movie open minded than close minded. The reasons Kirk55555 is close minded are not rational. He hated the movie the moment Nolan was attached to the movie. He has never even given it a chance and when he views the trailer he is just engaging in confirmation bias.

I am no real big fan of Nolan myself, I do like his Batman movie although I have some big issues with them. That doesn't, however, make me turn my nose up at this movie without seeing it. I actually had some of kirk55555's concerns when I heard Nolan was attached to the mvoie. But from my viewing of the trailer my fears have been relieved rather than confirmed.

I really liked Superman Reurns so I am not liking what I see in this movie because it isn't Superman Returns. I like the movie from what I have seen so far. I have thought Cavill was an excellent choice for Superman and I was thrilled that Amy Adams was cast as Lois. I just love the new Superman suit and from the trailers I have seen it looks like the movie will have a lot of good action plus a good story.

I am also a pretty easy going movie viewer and have a reputation for liking movies that many do not. Heck, I liked Batman & Robin! It is a fun Batman movie. I am not a real nit-picky viwer. This movie would really have to be extremely bad for me not to like it and from all indication I really have no worries that I will not like it.

Last edited by Gojira; June 2 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 06:34 PM   #6187
sojourner
Admiral

The only way to enjoy Batman & Robin is to view it as a sequel to the old Adam West TV show.
Old June 2 2013, 07:27 PM   #6188
Roshi's bone
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roshi's bone

And high, too.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Roshi's bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:44 PM   #6189
Gecko of Gorn
Commodore

A possible connection to another DC character from Snyder himself:

From darkhorizons.com:

http://http://www.darkhorizons.com/n...-universe-link
Gecko of Gorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 07:58 PM   #6190
Gojira
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
The only way to enjoy Batman & Robin is to view it as a sequel to the old Adam West TV show.
Yes! As a kid growing up in the 60s my first introduction to the Batman character was Adam West as Batman. I loved the show! So for me, Batman & Robin is just a higher budget movie done as homage to that series.
Old June 2 2013, 08:07 PM   #6191
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Gecko of Gorn wrote: View Post
A possible connection to another DC character from Snyder himself:

From darkhorizons.com:

http://http://www.darkhorizons.com/n...-universe-link

I could see the sequel capitalizing on how an alien like Superman could exist in a world like ours.

Lex Luthor could turn people.

"He's an alien. God knows what else he'll bring with him. We should banish him"
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 09:15 PM   #6192
sojourner
Admiral

Not in the movie, but wouldn't this be a great wtf moment:

Lois interviewing Superman:

"So, what are the odds that you as an alien from a planet half a galaxy a way would look completely human?"

"Well, the parts of me you can see look human"

"Does that mean under the tights it's a different story?"

"That too, but more I meant that some things are not as they appear. For example, you know the phrase 'Talking out of your ass'? well......."

"eww".
Old June 2 2013, 09:31 PM   #6193
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

Stick to writing on fan forums and don't write scripts.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2013, 11:00 PM   #6194
sojourner
Admiral

Hehe.
Old June 2 2013, 11:41 PM   #6195
the G-man
Commodore

Gojira wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Yes! As a kid growing up in the 60s my first introduction to the Batman character was Adam West as Batman. I loved the show! So for me, Batman & Robin is just a higher budget movie done as homage to that series.
I grew up in the 60s. My introduction to Batman was the Adam West show. To this day, even as I appreciate more serious versions of the character, I still love that show with a deep abiding passion as my "first" Batman and there will always be a part of me that considers Adam West the one true Caped Crusader.

...and I still think that movie sucked balls.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote