New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 22 2012, 01:13 AM   #4591
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Why does Superman leave white trails in the sky?
Because contrails aren't created by jet technology.
By water vapor from jet engines, or by the pressure differences in the vortex around each wingtip.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 01:19 AM   #4592
davejames
Vice Admiral

Because it looks cool, that's why.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 01:22 AM   #4593
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Just what I thought upon seeing it in the theater.. the music is from LOTR: FOTR after gandalf falls
Thank you! I was trying to place the music . . ..
Old July 22 2012, 03:26 AM   #4594
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Why does Superman leave white trails in the sky?
By water vapor from jet engines, or by the pressure differences in the vortex around each wingtip.
The "or" there lets the air out (so to speak) of the "does he have jet engines" question.

Contrails are created by the condensation of water vapor, like any other cloud.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 03:53 AM   #4595
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

The "or" there lets the air out (so to speak) of the "does he have jet engines" question.

Contrails are created by the condensation of water vapor, like any other cloud.
Yep. Any flying object (or moving object, really) creates a wake in the air behind it. A man flying at supersonic speeds is going to create a LOT of air disturbance in his wake especially as air is moved around him, gets compressed behind him, condensing water in the atmosphere into a visible vapor.
Old July 22 2012, 03:54 AM   #4596
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

I loved the trailer. Not as awesome as the Comic-Con trailer, but damn, I'm really excited for this.
Old July 22 2012, 04:54 AM   #4597
sojourner
Admiral

So, was the little kid in the trailer supposed to be Clark? If so, who is he imitating by wearing the towel cape? Captain Marvel?
Old July 22 2012, 05:00 AM   #4598
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

That was Young Clark. Don't think he was meant to be imitating anyone, it's obviously supposed to imply the imagery of children playing as Superman, as well as foreshadowing Clark becoming Superman at the same time. It is possible that Clark has been influenced by someone though, too early to tell at this point. That was one of my favorite scenes in the teaser.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 05:10 AM   #4599
davejames
Vice Admiral

It could be Clark, but it could just as easily be some generic footage filmed only for the teaser to create a certain mood. Just like the shot of the water or the bird (which I doubt will be in the movie).

Hell, the Trek movie had a whole teaser with a guy welding on top of the Enterprise, which looked like it cost a fortune and STILL didn't appear in the movie! Lol
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 05:21 AM   #4600
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Why wouldn't it be Young Clark? That shot is shown right after the shot of the photograph of Jonathan and Clark. Plus later on we see him standing in the Superman pose with the same dog that is with adult Clark.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 05:39 AM   #4601
KalEl
Lieutenant Commander

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Why Clark is participating in Deadliest Catch I'm a bit curious.
Before settling in Metropolis, Clark Kent travels the world to figure out his place in it. That's been an aspect of the comics for a long time now and the movie is following suit.
If I had to guess, I'd say he's either (a) on assignment for a story( which I doubt) or (b) the fortress is still in the Artic and he's either working his passage there by working on the boat or he's working on the boat to escape Smallville and accidentally finds out that the Fortess is near and leaves the boat. Either way, he has to hide his powers while on the boat. The third option is he's just on the boat temporarily and then moves on to some other job.
KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 08:52 AM   #4602
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

WB, for all intents and purposes, must be run by the stupidest retards in the history of Hollywood currently. I mean, here you are, with a flagship movie for this Summer, TDKR, that will literally pull each and every eyeballs there are in the world for the next two weeks. Then you have another flagship movie launching next year, MoS, an item with which you failed to (re?)launch a franchise 6 years ago. And horribly failed to launch GL as a franchise last year.

And ALL they could muster for a teaser trailer for their next year's flagship movie, before your bigass flagship movie this year, is this absolute dreck of a teaser trailer? Really? How could it have hurt even a bit if the far superior ComicCon trailer was released this week? They need a change in WB's marketing department.
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 09:14 AM   #4603
sojourner
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
That was Young Clark. Don't think he was meant to be imitating anyone, it's obviously supposed to imply the imagery of children playing as Superman,
Which is exactly my point. What is he playing as if there is no Superman figure for him to imitate? In a world without superheroes with capes, where do the kids get the idea?
Old July 22 2012, 09:36 AM   #4604
Skywalker
Admiral

StarTrek1701 wrote: View Post
WB, for all intents and purposes, must be run by the stupidest retards in the history of Hollywood currently. I mean, here you are, with a flagship movie for this Summer, TDKR, that will literally pull each and every eyeballs there are in the world for the next two weeks. Then you have another flagship movie launching next year, MoS, an item with which you failed to (re?)launch a franchise 6 years ago. And horribly failed to launch GL as a franchise last year.

And ALL they could muster for a teaser trailer for their next year's flagship movie, before your bigass flagship movie this year, is this absolute dreck of a teaser trailer? Really? How could it have hurt even a bit if the far superior ComicCon trailer was released this week? They need a change in WB's marketing department.
Well, remember that they've got this little film from New Zealand coming out in December. I imagine we'll get something meatier then.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22 2012, 09:50 AM   #4605
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Well, remember that they've got this little film from New Zealand coming out in December. I imagine we'll get something meatier then.
Not the same audience though.
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote