RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,674
Members: 24,201
Currently online: 592
Newest member: KieBH84

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 15 2012, 10:41 AM   #4096
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I really don't understand how some in this thread think she's "old" or "ugly". She looks beautiful in those pics.
Hardly beautiful, but certainly sufficiently pleasing to the eye. "Old"?? Madness.
Old January 15 2012, 11:38 AM   #4097
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't say she's "hot" in this pictures either, rather just very, very cute.

Old January 15 2012, 11:44 AM   #4098
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Beautiful and cute

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 02:23 PM   #4099
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I really don't understand how some in this thread think she's "old" or "ugly". She looks beautiful in those pics.
Amy Adams and Ayelet Zurer need to swap roles, dammit!
Old January 15 2012, 05:55 PM   #4100
Gojira
Commodore

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Hubba hubba...she's hot. I really think she's gonna be a great Lois Lane.
Even without seeing the movie I think she will be the best Lois Lane...as far as looks go...

Old January 15 2012, 06:27 PM   #4101
Saul
Rear Admiral

That's Lois? She's alright. I don't think she's hot though. I don't imagine Superman going for her. The Lois on Smallville, she was hot.

Edit: It could be these set pics aren't doing her any favors.
Old January 15 2012, 06:32 PM   #4102
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Lois doesn't have to be "hot". I don't know if Superman is that shallow.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 06:37 PM   #4103
Kai "the spy"
Commodore

Okay, my 2 Cents on Amy Adams as Lois:

Basically, I'm okay with it. She's a good actress, she's got the basic look (although I have to say, most Hollywood actresses could play Lois if it came down to looks).
Admittedly, I had several other actresses in mind for the role (Jennifer Carpenter, Summer Glau, even Winona Ryder, but then, I consider her for almost any female lead I think about).

I don't think Adams is particularly hot. She's cute, but not hot.

And I say that as a good thing, because I don't think Lois should be hot. Cute, yes. Feisty, of course. Attractive, sure. But not hot. She's Lois Lane, not Wonder Woman.

That's also the reason why I couldn't stand Erica Durance for SV seasons 4-7. She was presented as a hot babe, and that's not what I consider Lois to be. Luckily, they changed that from seasons 8-10 (or at least, toned it down).

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 07:12 PM   #4104
Gojira
Commodore

Kai "the spy" wrote: View Post
Okay, my 2 Cents on Amy Adams as Lois:

Basically, I'm okay with it. She's a good actress, she's got the basic look (although I have to say, most Hollywood actresses could play Lois if it came down to looks).
Admittedly, I had several other actresses in mind for the role (Jennifer Carpenter, Summer Glau, even Winona Ryder, but then, I consider her for almost any female lead I think about).

I don't think Adams is particularly hot. She's cute, but not hot.

And I say that as a good thing, because I don't think Lois should be hot. Cute, yes. Feisty, of course. Attractive, sure. But not hot. She's Lois Lane, not Wonder Woman.

That's also the reason why I couldn't stand Erica Durance for SV seasons 4-7. She was presented as a hot babe, and that's not what I consider Lois to be. Luckily, they changed that from seasons 8-10 (or at least, toned it down).

Hot is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. What Hollywood considers Hot leaves me cold. I think women that are cute are hot to me.
Old January 15 2012, 07:53 PM   #4105
davejames
Vice Admiral

Space Therapist wrote: View Post
Hot is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. What Hollywood considers Hot leaves me cold. I think women that are cute are hot to me.
Actually what most fanboys consider hot usually leaves me cold. They always seem to want one of these generic model types who looks like they stepped out of Maxim, who has a nice body and attractive face-- but nothing remotely original or distinctive about them whatsoever.

That may be the way women are drawn in comics these days, but on a movie screen I want someone who is interesting and has an actual personality.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 09:02 PM   #4106
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Space Therapist wrote: View Post
Actually what most fanboys consider hot usually leaves me cold. They always seem to want one of these generic model types who looks like they stepped out of Maxim, who has a nice body and attractive face-- but nothing remotely original or distinctive about them whatsoever.

That may be the way women are drawn in comics these days, but on a movie screen I want someone who is interesting and has an actual personality.
+1
Old January 15 2012, 09:18 PM   #4107
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

+2
Old January 15 2012, 10:11 PM   #4108
Saul
Rear Admiral

-1. If we are talking about a down to earth movie I would say looks aren't important but i'm one of those "conditioned" people who expects a good looking chick for the Superhero whether or not said Superhero is shallow. He deserves hotness to match his coolness.
Old January 15 2012, 10:58 PM   #4109
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
-1. If we are talking about a down to earth movie I would say looks aren't important but i'm one of those "conditioned" people who expects a good looking chick for the Superhero whether or not said Superhero is shallow. He deserves hotness to match his coolness.
Hot's subjective. Witness folks complaining abut Margot Kidder, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway...well just about any actress cast in a superhero movie.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 11:04 PM   #4110
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

davejames wrote: View Post

Preach it.