RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,674
Posts: 5,212,663
Members: 24,201
Currently online: 592
Newest member: KieBH84


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 15 2012, 10:41 AM   #4096
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral
 
A beaker full of death's Avatar
 
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I really don't understand how some in this thread think she's "old" or "ugly". She looks beautiful in those pics.
Hardly beautiful, but certainly sufficiently pleasing to the eye. "Old"?? Madness.
__________________
"shall not be infringed" is naturally open to infringements of all kinds, because shut up and think of the children.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2ImW0V3GV
A beaker full of death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 11:38 AM   #4097
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I wouldn't say she's "hot" in this pictures either, rather just very, very cute.

__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 11:44 AM   #4098
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral
 
Admiral_Young's Avatar
 
Location: Gallifrey
View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Beautiful and cute
__________________
Admiral Young
Chief of Operations

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 02:23 PM   #4099
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I really don't understand how some in this thread think she's "old" or "ugly". She looks beautiful in those pics.
Amy Adams and Ayelet Zurer need to swap roles, dammit!
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 05:55 PM   #4100
Gojira
Commodore
 
Gojira's Avatar
 
Location: Stompin' on Tokyo
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Hubba hubba...she's hot. I really think she's gonna be a great Lois Lane.
Even without seeing the movie I think she will be the best Lois Lane...as far as looks go...



__________________
My Science Fiction-Fantasy movie review Blog: http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 06:27 PM   #4101
Saul
Rear Admiral
 
Saul's Avatar
 
Location: 東京
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

That's Lois? She's alright. I don't think she's hot though. I don't imagine Superman going for her. The Lois on Smallville, she was hot.

Edit: It could be these set pics aren't doing her any favors.
__________________
"It's not that you can see the strings, it's that 40 years later you're still looking at them." - Steven Moffat
"This movie was big. Imagine how big it could have been with me in it?" William Shatner
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 06:32 PM   #4102
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang, now with ridges
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Lois doesn't have to be "hot". I don't know if Superman is that shallow.
__________________
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 06:37 PM   #4103
Kai "the spy"
Commodore
 
Kai "the spy"'s Avatar
 
Location: Here.
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Okay, my 2 Cents on Amy Adams as Lois:

Basically, I'm okay with it. She's a good actress, she's got the basic look (although I have to say, most Hollywood actresses could play Lois if it came down to looks).
Admittedly, I had several other actresses in mind for the role (Jennifer Carpenter, Summer Glau, even Winona Ryder, but then, I consider her for almost any female lead I think about).

I don't think Adams is particularly hot. She's cute, but not hot.

And I say that as a good thing, because I don't think Lois should be hot. Cute, yes. Feisty, of course. Attractive, sure. But not hot. She's Lois Lane, not Wonder Woman.

That's also the reason why I couldn't stand Erica Durance for SV seasons 4-7. She was presented as a hot babe, and that's not what I consider Lois to be. Luckily, they changed that from seasons 8-10 (or at least, toned it down).
__________________
Chicks dig red trunks!

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Kai "the spy" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 07:12 PM   #4104
Gojira
Commodore
 
Gojira's Avatar
 
Location: Stompin' on Tokyo
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Kai "the spy" wrote: View Post
Okay, my 2 Cents on Amy Adams as Lois:

Basically, I'm okay with it. She's a good actress, she's got the basic look (although I have to say, most Hollywood actresses could play Lois if it came down to looks).
Admittedly, I had several other actresses in mind for the role (Jennifer Carpenter, Summer Glau, even Winona Ryder, but then, I consider her for almost any female lead I think about).

I don't think Adams is particularly hot. She's cute, but not hot.

And I say that as a good thing, because I don't think Lois should be hot. Cute, yes. Feisty, of course. Attractive, sure. But not hot. She's Lois Lane, not Wonder Woman.

That's also the reason why I couldn't stand Erica Durance for SV seasons 4-7. She was presented as a hot babe, and that's not what I consider Lois to be. Luckily, they changed that from seasons 8-10 (or at least, toned it down).

Hot is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. What Hollywood considers Hot leaves me cold. I think women that are cute are hot to me.
__________________
My Science Fiction-Fantasy movie review Blog: http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 07:53 PM   #4105
davejames
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Sac, Ca
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Space Therapist wrote: View Post
Hot is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. What Hollywood considers Hot leaves me cold. I think women that are cute are hot to me.
Actually what most fanboys consider hot usually leaves me cold. They always seem to want one of these generic model types who looks like they stepped out of Maxim, who has a nice body and attractive face-- but nothing remotely original or distinctive about them whatsoever.

That may be the way women are drawn in comics these days, but on a movie screen I want someone who is interesting and has an actual personality.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 09:02 PM   #4106
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral
 
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

davejames wrote: View Post
Space Therapist wrote: View Post
Hot is in the eye of the beholder and it is subjective. What Hollywood considers Hot leaves me cold. I think women that are cute are hot to me.
Actually what most fanboys consider hot usually leaves me cold. They always seem to want one of these generic model types who looks like they stepped out of Maxim, who has a nice body and attractive face-- but nothing remotely original or distinctive about them whatsoever.

That may be the way women are drawn in comics these days, but on a movie screen I want someone who is interesting and has an actual personality.
+1
__________________
I haven't much to say.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 09:18 PM   #4107
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral
 
Captaindemotion's Avatar
 
Location: Ireland
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

+2
__________________
Hodor!!!!!!!
Captaindemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 10:11 PM   #4108
Saul
Rear Admiral
 
Saul's Avatar
 
Location: 東京
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

-1. If we are talking about a down to earth movie I would say looks aren't important but i'm one of those "conditioned" people who expects a good looking chick for the Superhero whether or not said Superhero is shallow. He deserves hotness to match his coolness.
__________________
"It's not that you can see the strings, it's that 40 years later you're still looking at them." - Steven Moffat
"This movie was big. Imagine how big it could have been with me in it?" William Shatner
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 10:58 PM   #4109
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang, now with ridges
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Saul wrote: View Post
-1. If we are talking about a down to earth movie I would say looks aren't important but i'm one of those "conditioned" people who expects a good looking chick for the Superhero whether or not said Superhero is shallow. He deserves hotness to match his coolness.
Hot's subjective. Witness folks complaining abut Margot Kidder, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway...well just about any actress cast in a superhero movie.
__________________
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2012, 11:04 PM   #4110
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral
 
JacksonArcher's Avatar
 
Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

davejames wrote: View Post
Actually what most fanboys consider hot usually leaves me cold. They always seem to want one of these generic model types who looks like they stepped out of Maxim, who has a nice body and attractive face-- but nothing remotely original or distinctive about them whatsoever.

That may be the way women are drawn in comics these days, but on a movie screen I want someone who is interesting and has an actual personality.
Preach it.
__________________
"Please... We need you to hope again... " - Professor Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
christopher nolan, man of steel, superman, zack snyder

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.