RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,724
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 844
Newest member: vagarcia74

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 14 2011, 08:00 PM   #3586
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

The Clark/Superman thing could be solved by having Superman rush in and rush out of the action, giving nobody time to take a closer look at him or even think about taking a closer look at him.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 08:03 PM   #3587
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Get rid of the stupid suit and let him wear a red/blue Superman-speedo as his costume. They can explain that it's the traditional kryptonian armor yellow sun variant.
It would also once and for all explain why nobody recognizes Clark as Superman, "His face? Uh ... I think he had one ... next time I'll look at his face, I swear!".
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 08:05 PM   #3588
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

CarbonCopy wrote: View Post
Inside Lois Lane's head:

Lois Lane wrote:
Clark sure is ripped. Too bad he lacks self-confidence. If he were just more like Superman....
Early in the Byrne reboot, Lois remarks (more than once, IIRC) on the fact that Kent is really built. In this version everyone knows that he was a star football player at Smallville High, as well.

Takeru wrote: View Post
Get rid of the stupid suit and let him wear a red/blue Superman-speedo as his costume. They can explain that it's the traditional kryptonian armor yellow sun variant.

That's what they're doing wrong in the DC relaunch - they should get rid of everything but the red Speedo...
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 08:25 PM   #3589
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

It would also once and for all explain why nobody recognizes Clark as Superman, "His face? Uh ... I think he had one ... next time I'll look at his face, I swear!".
In some of the pics of him in the suit, when you blow them up, you can see the suit is see through, and it's so thin and form fitting, really, the only difference in him wearing it, or simply wearing a speedo is the color of the skin, and wether the hair is visible or not

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 08:28 PM   #3590
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

@JarodRussell you're describing The Blur!

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 08:31 PM   #3591
Jetfire

The BLUR!!!
Old October 14 2011, 08:33 PM   #3592
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post
In some of the pics of him in the suit, when you blow them up, you can see the suit is see through, and it's so thin and form fitting, really, the only difference in him wearing it, or simply wearing a speedo is the color of the skin, and wether the hair is visible or not
I love the chest hair, so I still vote for the speedo or full length pants. I'm really happy they didn't wax his chest.
Old October 14 2011, 09:03 PM   #3593
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^Are you kidding? This is hollywood. It'll be cgi'd out.
Old October 14 2011, 09:08 PM   #3594
Takeru
Fleet Captain

I will NOT watch the movie if they do that ... no, that's not true, I will watch the movie, but I will bitch about the missing chest hair until everyone's ears are bleeding. Worst use of CGI ever!
Old October 14 2011, 09:55 PM   #3595
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

CarbonCopy wrote: View Post
Inside Lois Lane's head:

Lois Lane wrote:
Clark sure is ripped. Too bad he lacks self-confidence. If he were just more like Superman....
According to some folks here, inside Clark Kent's head:

Clark Kent wrote:
That old lady keeps leering at me. This is getting uncomfortable.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 10:01 PM   #3596
davejames
Vice Admiral

I think there's still clearly padding in the suit (especially noticable in the weirdly flat abs), but it's only enhancing what he already has, and not trying to give him something that he doesn't.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2011, 10:15 PM   #3597
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I love the chest hair, so I still vote for the speedo or full length pants. I'm really happy they didn't wax his chest.
I've always been fond of the never-run-with idea that Superman just doesn't have body hair. It would completely obviate all that nonsense about how he shaves with a mirror and his heat vision, which doesn't even make sense. X-rays would, I believe, not be reflected by most commercial mirror material. Maybe Clark made his own platinum-silicon carbide mirror.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go give myself a swirlie.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2011, 12:45 AM   #3598
indolover
Fleet Captain

I've had those vibes since Goyer was announced as writing the script. Said all along that it would appear to be structured similar to "Batman Begins"
So essentially the 1978 movie again?

Everybody and his mother knows the origin of Superman, but since it has Zod it would be good to see him say "you will kneel before me! if not you, then one day, your heirs!!"
indolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2011, 12:48 AM   #3599
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

What kind of weights does a Kryptonian need to push to get these muscles?
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2011, 12:51 AM   #3600
indolover
Fleet Captain

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
The Clark/Superman thing could be solved by having Superman rush in and rush out of the action, giving nobody time to take a closer look at him or even think about taking a closer look at him.
I'm "the one you least suspect" hasn't worn thin. Even though Clark has a different personality to Superman, come on their both the same height, same facial features, even very similar vocal patterns lol...
indolover is offline   Reply With Quote