To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 10 2011, 09:32 PM   #3511
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'll be surprised if it isn't locked at some point and will have to be restarted.
good idea. lets lock this thread and reboot it a month later.
Old October 10 2011, 10:46 PM   #3512
indolover
Fleet Captain

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Lois has usually always been older than Clark...except for "Superman: The Movie" where I think it was revealed that the little girl on the train with her mom who sees Clark super speed by is supposed to be Lois as a nine year old. Most other times she's been a few years older. Lois in "Smallville" was in college.
So in the Donner-verse, Clark was 30 (when he emerged from his dad telling him about the "various concepts of immortality") and Lois was 21?
indolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 12:44 AM   #3513
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Zombie Cheerleader wrote: View Post
Geez, I'm sure her last name was on the posters and in the credits. It was also widely discussed here and elsewhere. Wouldn't be suprised if you contributed to those discusions. So, yeah. A lucky guess. Lets stick to that story.
My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Nice way to stay civil there, ace. Well, since I'm just ignorant, it was a hell of a lucky guess on my part, huh.
You can claim anything you like on a BBS, but people are under no compunction to believe unproven assertions which are implausibly self-serving.

Nor is civility a virtue in response to some of this narrow foolishness.
I have lots of bad traits. I am no liar. Not ever. Life is too short, and I pledged years ago I would not live my life in any way that I feel a need to lie about it. For the record, I haven't kept track of the people in pop culture since Lee Majors was one of them.

I really want this conversation to end, but I will not be silent when my character is attacked. So I'm done now, unless someone insults me again.
Are't you a lawyer? Surely you must know how faulty human memory is and how events can get reordered in the convolutions of the mind when recollecting. Especially when a "good story" is being told. That not lying, its being human.

For the record I also think Alba was miscast as Sue. My reason: She looked too young to be Sue. Sue should not look younger than Johnny!!!!!! Then again every character, with possible exception of Evans as the Torch was too. Even Michael Chiklis as the Thing was disappointing.

So, any new Superman news?
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 01:27 AM   #3514
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ What's Superman?
Old October 11 2011, 01:52 AM   #3515
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Team Broccoli wrote: View Post
Speaking of Harrison Ford, he is 9 years older than Karen Allen, but no one complains about the age difference there.
Why would they? It's established in the movies that Indy is older than Marion.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 01:57 AM   #3516
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

^ What's Superman?
Jessica Alba's new film. She has the title role. Since she's half Kryptonian it works.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 02:29 AM   #3517
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Caucasian is a bullshit made-up pseudoscientific word that has little to nothing to do with anything.
None of the widely used racial or ethnic classifications mean anything scientifically. Race in the sense that it's being discussed here is a social fabrication.

In closing, they should have just let her look like herself and explained it away as having different dads or moms or cast a brother who was less white-bread.
There was never a need to explain or address it in any way.

Zombie Cheerleader wrote: View Post
^ What's Superman?
Jessica Alba's new film. She has the title role. Since she's half Kryptonian it works.
Bullshit. The first time I saw her - without knowing who she was - I said to myself "what is that Daxamite chick doing playing a Kryptonian?"

Turns out I was right, so it must be pretty obvious.

P.S. - what's a Daxamite?
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 03:30 AM   #3518
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

It's strange there's so much debate over whether Jessica Alba is a Kryptonian or a Daxamite when it's clear, simply by looking at her that she's in reality a stone, cold fox.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 03:37 AM   #3519
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Maybe she's from Vathlo Island.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 04:18 AM   #3520
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Speaking of Harrison Ford, he is 9 years older than Karen Allen, but no one complains about the age difference there.
Doesn't change my point.

Unless you are suggesting that if it is established in the movie, that makes an age difference okay. What if in this flick, it is established that Lois is older than Clark? Would that stop the whole "Amy Adams is too old" nonsense?
Old October 11 2011, 04:19 AM   #3521
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
It's strange there's so much debate over whether Jessica Alba is a Kryptonian or a Daxamite when it's clear, simply by looking at her that she's in reality a stone, cold fox.
For the win.
Old October 11 2011, 11:12 AM   #3522
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Doesn't change my point.

Unless you are suggesting that if it is established in the movie, that makes an age difference okay. What if in this flick, it is established that Lois is older than Clark? Would that stop the whole "Amy Adams is too old" nonsense?
No-one complains about an age difference in Raiders because there is literally no reason to.

It is not the super-smart example of hypocrisy that you think it is. There are examples out there, but Indy isn't one of them.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 03:32 PM   #3523
beamMe
Fleet Captain

Doesn't change my point.

No-one complains about an age difference in Raiders because there is literally no reason to.

It is not the super-smart example of hypocrisy that you think it is. There are examples out there, but Indy isn't one of them.

The point is: it's perfectly okay when the guy is older than the woman, but it is somewhat of a issue when the woman (either the actress or/and her role) is older.
beamMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2011, 03:37 PM   #3524
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

beamMe wrote: View Post

Doesn't change my point.

The point is: it's perfectly okay when the guy is older than the woman, but it is somewhat of a issue when the woman (either the actress or/and her role) is older.
Bing! Exactly.
Old October 11 2011, 03:46 PM   #3525
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Yep. Ford reached the point with some of his younger co-stars where the age difference was really getting creepy (like with Anne Heche) but he seems to have finally moved gracefully out of trying to do romantic leads.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote