Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 26 2011, 10:50 PM   #46
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: There's a new map of the BSG star system...

Look at those population numbers. I never put it together or thought about it I guess. Billions and billions died. Yow.
Old January 26 2011, 10:54 PM   #47
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

Yup. They went from a population of 50 billion to 50,000 in the span of a day or so.
Old January 26 2011, 10:57 PM   #48
SD70ACe
Lieutenant Commander

And then those 50k croaked over a generation or two.
Old January 26 2011, 11:05 PM   #49
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

There's seven billion of us now, though, so I'm guessing the survivors did okay.
Old January 26 2011, 11:18 PM   #50
yenny
Captain

I think the 12 colonies of Kobol main stars were part of a star cluster, like the Pleiades.
I think the twelve colonies were being colonize about around the time the thirteen colony left for Cylon Earth. I don't think they were terraform at all, but were natural form planets.

I believe they were being mainly use for farming and mining only. Ships from Kobol made routine visits to the colonies almost every week, dropping off supplies that were made on Kobol and loading up on agriculture and mineral product to take back to Kobol itself.

But one day ships from Kobol had stop coming, No one know why they had stop coming. With no ships on hand, they couldn't contact the other colonies, leaving them to fend for themself.

Last edited by yenny; January 26 2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old January 26 2011, 11:40 PM   #51
6079SmithW
Vice Admiral

yenny wrote: View Post
I think the 12 colonials of Kobol main stars were part of a star cluster, like the Pleiades.
I think the twelve colonials were being colonize about around the time the thirteen colonial left for Cylon Earth. I don't think they were terraform at all, but were natural form planets.

I believe they were being mainly use for farming and mining only. Ships from Kobol made routine visits to the colonials almost every week, dropping off supplies that were made on Kobol and loading up on agriculture and mineral product to take back to Kobol itself.

But one day ships from Kobol had stop coming, No one know why they had stop coming. With no ships on hand, they couldn't contact the other colonials, leaving them to fend for themself.
No. Pythia states that Kobol suffered a catastrophic Great Flood that wiped out much of their civilization, resulting in the exodus on the Galleon. They were in a similar situation to the rag tag fleet, only they had just one ship. They discovered the 12 worlds by chance (or God/the gods led them there) and started afresh.
Old January 26 2011, 11:43 PM   #52
David cgc
Vice Admiral

^There may have been a fleet that left Kobol. Adama says ships, plural, when he tells the story above the devastated Earth. The Galleon could've been that fleet's Galactica.
Old January 27 2011, 12:17 AM   #53
yenny
Captain

6079SmithW wrote: View Post
I think the 12 colonials of Kobol main stars were part of a star cluster, like the Pleiades.
I think the twelve colonials were being colonize about around the time the thirteen colonial left for Cylon Earth. I don't think they were terraform at all, but were natural form planets.

I believe they were being mainly use for farming and mining only. Ships from Kobol made routine visits to the colonials almost every week, dropping off supplies that were made on Kobol and loading up on agriculture and mineral product to take back to Kobol itself.

But one day ships from Kobol had stop coming, No one know why they had stop coming. With no ships on hand, they couldn't contact the other colonials, leaving them to fend for themself.
No. Pythia states that Kobol suffered a catastrophic Great Flood that wiped out much of their civilization, resulting in the exodus on the Galleon. They were in a similar situation to the rag tag fleet, only they had just one ship. They discovered the 12 worlds by chance (or God/the gods led them there) and started afresh.
I don't agree, the Pythia I believe was written sometime after connect with Kobol was lost. If they had left Kobol with a fleet spaceships, they would had settle on the first planet they had arrive at and then settle the other 11 later.

But if they were already colonies of Kobol sometime before the thirteen tribe had left Kobol. They would receive the same news.

Anyway, If you follow what was written it the Pytian. Then the Twelve Colonies Kobol should had been call the twelve worlds of Kobol. A colony are settlers in a new country that remain subjects to a mother country.
Old January 27 2011, 12:27 AM   #54
David cgc
Vice Admiral

I don't agree, the Pythia I believe was written sometime after connect with Kobol was lost. If they had left Kobol with a fleet spaceships, they would had settle on the first planet they had arrive at and then settle the other 11 later.
They did. Serge's twitter, as well as the very map we're talking about, mentions that several of the colonies were settled by other, older colonies. IIRC, Aquarion was settled only in the last hundred years or so.

I always intended to confirm that that meant that the names of the twelve colonies was an affectation, and a Gememenese or Tauron in the present day had essentially no chance of being decended from the Gemini or Taurus tribes on Kobol, but I couldn't figure out how to ask it in less than 144 letters.
Old January 27 2011, 01:03 AM   #55
yenny
Captain

David cgc wrote: View Post
They did. Serge's twitter, as well as the very map we're talking about, mentions that several of the colonies were settled by other, older colonies. IIRC, Aquarion was settled only in the last hundred years or so.

I always intended to confirm that that meant that the names of the twelve colonies was an affectation, and a Gememenese or Tauron in the present day had essentially no chance of being decended from the Gemini or Taurus tribes on Kobol, but I couldn't figure out how to ask it in less than 144 letters.
The Pytian also give a warning. Stating that blood will be spill if any of them return back to Kobol. Which would mean that there were still was a civilization and a ruling government on Kobol at the time the colonies were founded. I do believe the government on Kobol was a dictatorship type government on Kobol during that time.

Maybe he a member of facebook or myspace? You could ask him if he were a member of one those sites and then you could go to one of them and ask him your questions. If he not member of those sites? Ask him if he want to join trek bbs?
Old January 27 2011, 02:39 AM   #56
Candlelight
Admiral

Aquarion
Aquaria.

(Depending on which part of the map you read. Despite that, The Hybrid in 'The Plan' says Aquaria, as does Roslin in 'Colonial Day').
Old January 27 2011, 04:46 AM   #57
David cgc
Vice Admiral

Oh, but you didn't catch my butchering of "Gemenese?"
Old January 27 2011, 05:46 PM   #58
yenny
Captain

Actually I don't think they were call Taurons, Gemenese, Capricons on Kobol, they may had been call something similar, but I don't think so. I believe that their name come from a single person, actually thirteen persons. Terra, Caprica, Tauran, Gemenan and so forth. It more likely that the thirteen planets weren't name after tribes, but were name after leaders who lead the colonies to their new home.
Old January 27 2011, 06:01 PM   #59
Candlelight
Admiral

Actually I don't think they were call Taurons, Gemenese, Capricons on Kobol, they may had been call something similar, but I don't think so. I believe that their name come from a single person, actually thirteen persons. Terra, Caprica, Tauran, Gemenan and so forth. It more likely that the thirteen planets weren't name after tribes, but were name after leaders who lead the colonies to their new home.
There was only one tribe that left Kobol. They splintered into twelve when they arrived at the Cyrannus star system. The Scrolls of Pythia then retroactively made history seem there were always twelve tribes.
Old January 27 2011, 06:02 PM   #60
Candlelight
Admiral

Oh, but you didn't catch my butchering of "Gemenese?"
Just figured it as an honest typo.